Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2005, 09:09 PM   #166
Howler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
I bought one of these and it's awesome. I spoke to Barb on the phone and told her I was leaving on a trip the next week and she assured me I'd have it in time. Got it in like two days! Thanks!
Howler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:06 PM   #167
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav2
This is me (im the short guy ) nearing the end of my North American ride on the Alaskaleather sponsored DR650 . My biggest day was south from Yellowknife where I rode 1022 miles in 24 hours and I couldnt have done it without the added comfort of the butt pad. Next year its East Canada ,USA
Looking at this picture, I realized the pad shown has 32,000 miles on it, it's never been intentionally washed and still works. It's been as far South as Puerta Vallarta and as far North as Prudhoe Bay. I think Toddy named it "muffin" or something like that. Barb
BARB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:34 AM   #168
mtwillyman
Lost and Cornfuzed

Oddometer: 614
Hi Barb,
Was checking out the web site. What size pad would work best for a 2003 Moto guzzi Stone with stock seat? What size would work best for a 2005 BMW R1150GA ADV for rider only with a stock seat and Sargent Low Seat? Should I get additional straps or are they provided. Thank You in advance for your assistance. Does cow look cool or should I stick to black?
mtwillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 03:23 AM   #169
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer: 10,463
I'm always amazed how little water gets soaked into the pad
It rained off and on all day today while I was working and the pad was not at all water-logged

I use the dualsport pad I bought for the DR on my Strom, I just had to extend the front strap
Old 10-16-2005, 07:19 AM   #170
kv
[none]

Oddometer: 5,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwillyman
Hi Barb,
Was checking out the web site. What size pad would work best for a 2003 Moto guzzi Stone with stock seat? What size would work best for a 2005 BMW R1150GA ADV for rider only with a stock seat and Sargent Low Seat? Should I get additional straps or are they provided. Thank You in advance for your assistance. Does cow look cool or should I stick to black?
Black bleeds a bit... Something to keep in mind.

Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.
kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:36 PM   #171
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thought I'd wake up this old thread

A big THANK YOU!!! to every one who's ordered from us. I'm trying some new patterns and ideas this year so check in once in a while. The "deadsheep" still works in the coupon section of my order form. Hope to see some of you on the road this year and if anyone is coming to Alaska, stop in and see us!! Thanks! Barb
Old 01-07-2006, 07:58 AM   #172
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer

Shameless bump. Barb
Old 01-10-2006, 01:16 AM   #173
givitsum
Scottish Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
'old bones'

Mornin Barb---I see everyone here singin the praises for your Butt Pad---I don't want to get into trouble with the Agricultural Dept. for bringing my own from the UK with our history of Foot in Mouth and all that baloney. Out of respect for my 'old bones' I'll probably order one from you for delivery to a Michigan address where my bike is spending the winter. She's an old airhead R100GS, solo seat, I'm sure you'll have one to fit.

I've just altered the dates of my vist to the US giving me nine weeks in the US & Canada on tour and may make the 2006 D2D at Dawson mid-June---hope to meet you and sum of your fellow 'Frozen Northers' there---

regards---Don
Old 01-10-2006, 07:44 AM   #174
rpilottx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,411
Tires?

Hey Barb, a friend and I are planning an Alaskan ride this summer. I read somewhere that you are now stocking tires for dual sports and I wanted to comfirm that.

Do you stock TKC80's to fit a KTM 950? Anyway, we will probably be thru sometime in July.

I rode from El Paso to Anchorage in the summer of 2004 and I think you went to high school with my wife or sister in law. They went to East and graduated in 75 or 77. The last name was Farkas.

PS Have two of your buttpads and they make the seat on my KTM adequate, not comfortable, but adequate.
rpilottx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #175
Uncle Larry
The most suave of stooges

Oddometer: 14,417
I got one her buttpads for my Strom and I forgot to ask for the discount! Doh! No matter, excellent product.

I ride about 1100 miles a month and most of that in the heat and rain of Florida. My butt stays comfy and cool! And amazing how little water it absorbs. Heat and rain tested and it's going strong!

I need to snag a pillion pad for my beloved. She hates the stock Strom seat and I want to keep her butt comfy!

This Stromtrooper gives this product two thumbs up!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #176
Squeaky
A Few Loose Screws...

Oddometer: 1,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPelon
This Stromtrooper gives this product two thumbs up!
Awesome! I'd been meaning to get one since I'd heard such great things about them, so seeing this discount finally had me on their site making the purchase. Thanks!
'98 XR400R "Templeton"

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #177
MotoMind
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,266
I saw this thread on the forum view and finally got me a charcoal rally special for the KLR. :)
MotoMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #178
GStupid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
Anybody got pic's of one on a GS? Much appreciated!
Old 01-12-2006, 02:15 PM   #179
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by givitsum
Mornin Barb---I see everyone here singin the praises for your Butt Pad---I don't want to get into trouble with the Agricultural Dept. for bringing my own from the UK with our history of Foot in Mouth and all that baloney. Out of respect for my 'old bones' I'll probably order one from you for delivery to a Michigan address where my bike is spending the winter. She's an old airhead R100GS, solo seat, I'm sure you'll have one to fit.

I've just altered the dates of my vist to the US giving me nine weeks in the US & Canada on tour and may make the 2006 D2D at Dawson mid-June---hope to meet you and sum of your fellow 'Frozen Northers' there---

regards---Don
Michigan delivery and airhead gs fit, no problem. See you in Canadia! Barb
Old 01-13-2006, 07:15 AM   #180
givitsum
Scottish Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
No probs--

I'll look for your order form and get it organised pretty soon Barb---thanks---

Don