ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #1126
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA
Oddometer: 2,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqBiker View Post
Just ordered one for my 01 R1150GS with a Sargent seat. (I bet Ms. Barb will pick a nice natural that will match my bright yellow GS.)
It's kinda brown with some white splotchies on it. Thanks! Barb
__________________
www.alaskaleather.com
BARB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #1127
bbqBiker
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Tennessee
Oddometer: 24
I like

I think I will like splotchies, thanks.
bbqBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #1128
notarat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
notarat's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Bluff City
Oddometer: 333
I just ordered a Charcoal Dual Sport one for my DR650.

I miss Mad Cow... That color scheme would have fit perfectly with my bike.

Oh well. At least I'm sure it'll be a comfortable ride.
notarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #1129
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA
Oddometer: 2,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by notarat View Post
I just ordered a Charcoal Dual Sport one for my DR650.

I miss Mad Cow... That color scheme would have fit perfectly with my bike.

Oh well. At least I'm sure it'll be a comfortable ride.
Mad cow was around for about 10 years, it is now extinct. I'll hopefully have some natural spotted in the next month or so. Thanks, Barb
__________________
www.alaskaleather.com
BARB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #1130
RockyMtnRoadRash
Useful and decorative
 
RockyMtnRoadRash's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: SLC, UT
Oddometer: 500
WOW you guys are fast. I just received my natural color (Greyish brown with lighter colored splotchies on the side. Looks trick) pad and I'm impressed as hell with the quality. Great product and great service on the phone and in shipping!
__________________
-RMRR

держите мою водку и наблюдайте это!
RockyMtnRoadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #1131
Slappy00
Adventurer
 
Slappy00's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Chicago, IL
Oddometer: 16
Got mine today, looks great!

Thanks Barb!
Slappy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #1132
parannoyed
hey look...chickens
 
parannoyed's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: North Central PA
Oddometer: 122
Hey Barb, any way to get a long hair deluxe for a dualsport in natural?
parannoyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #1133
kevinj
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Oddometer: 150
I bought a sheepskin pad for my ninja650 a year ago, and it really worked miracles : much less soreness (-> ability to ride longer), cooler when needed, warmer when needed. So glad I didn't spend 10x more on custom seats, which seem a hit-and-miss game anyway from hearing people's experiences here.

When I upgraded to a 12gs recently, I took that same sheepskin pad and put it on my beemer. Sizewise it's not a perfect fit anymore, but close enough. But here's what I found on a test ride of a couple hours: Now, because the 12gs seat slopes downward and the sheepskin is less grippy than the seat itself, I end up sliding forward and unable to change riding position throughout the ride, which largely cancels the comfort gains.

The buttpad is still not a loss: I can use this pad for the passenger seat (which is flat); I'm sure my girlfriends will appreciate it.

But I'm kind of bummed to lose out myself. Does anyone else use these on the 12gs? Do you have the same experience? Any fixes?

Thanks!
kevinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #1134
Blue 2
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: West Michigan
Oddometer: 23
I am interested in a cover for my F650CS what cover would you recommend a medium like the GS? Thanks
Blue 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #1135
ssevy
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Adirondacks
Oddometer: 802
I have a custom seat from Bill Mayer on my Triumph Legend. The nose is 6" wide, the mid point is 12" wide, and the point at which the back of the driver's bucket begins is 15" wide. The length of the bucket front to back is 17". What size would be the best choice for me? Thanks!
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #1136
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA
Oddometer: 2,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 2 View Post
I am interested in a cover for my F650CS what cover would you recommend a medium like the GS? Thanks
Yes
__________________
www.alaskaleather.com
BARB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #1137
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA
Oddometer: 2,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
I have a custom seat from Bill Mayer on my Triumph Legend. The nose is 6" wide, the mid point is 12" wide, and the point at which the back of the driver's bucket begins is 15" wide. The length of the bucket front to back is 17". What size would be the best choice for me? Thanks!
Large
__________________
www.alaskaleather.com
BARB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #1138
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA
Oddometer: 2,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj View Post
I bought a sheepskin pad for my ninja650 a year ago, and it really worked miracles : much less soreness (-> ability to ride longer), cooler when needed, warmer when needed. So glad I didn't spend 10x more on custom seats, which seem a hit-and-miss game anyway from hearing people's experiences here.

When I upgraded to a 12gs recently, I took that same sheepskin pad and put it on my beemer. Sizewise it's not a perfect fit anymore, but close enough. But here's what I found on a test ride of a couple hours: Now, because the 12gs seat slopes downward and the sheepskin is less grippy than the seat itself, I end up sliding forward and unable to change riding position throughout the ride, which largely cancels the comfort gains.

The buttpad is still not a loss: I can use this pad for the passenger seat (which is flat); I'm sure my girlfriends will appreciate it.

But I'm kind of bummed to lose out myself. Does anyone else use these on the 12gs? Do you have the same experience? Any fixes?

Thanks!
It's probably time for a new one. We use a medium on the 1200, add a nose strap if you stand on your pegs. We do a custom one also for that seat. Thanks, Barb
__________________
www.alaskaleather.com
BARB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #1139
kevinj
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Oddometer: 150
Thanks for replying. I don't understand why it needs to be replaced - do they wear over time? It still looks good. Has been out in the rain some times but not all the time. I've never tried to wash it or so.
kevinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #1140
BARB OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA
Oddometer: 2,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj View Post
Thanks for replying. I don't understand why it needs to be replaced - do they wear over time? It still looks good. Has been out in the rain some times but not all the time. I've never tried to wash it or so.

They wear over time and get flat after sitting on them. Washing actually brings some loft back. Brushing helps too. If the other doesn't fit the seat and doesn't work-it may be time to get one that does. Thanks, Barb
__________________
www.alaskaleather.com
BARB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014