ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #31
Sutherngintelmen OP
around the bend
 
Sutherngintelmen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: ATL
Oddometer: 1,169
I spoke with Mathias at Spiegler today - nice guy. Said we should pursue a group buy through one of their dealers. Working that now.

Hope to have a cost today or tomorrow.



Updated list


Want it:
OlyRider
Gumbeaux
EnderTheX
NVTS
sonyanarchisto
toro618
Shawnee Bill
grandpaken
jamm
JFB
Ducksbane
Lambo
Flashback
bputt
Suthergintelmen

Got some interest, may know a vendor to help
ebrabaek
Gangplank
Dukedar
ride2little
Pomo

Been there done that: Spiegler
MCMXCIVRS
dendrophobe
__________________
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #32
Bushav8r
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Bushav8r's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northern Ontario
Oddometer: 121
Add me to the want list. I wonder if this could end up becomming a recall issue?
Bushav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #33
toro618
Studly Adventurer
 
toro618's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutherngintelmen View Post
I spoke with Mathias at Spiegler today - nice guy. Said we should pursue a group buy through one of their dealers. Working that now.

Hope to have a cost today or tomorrow.



Updated list


Want it:
OlyRider
Gumbeaux
EnderTheX
NVTS
sonyanarchisto
toro618
Shawnee Bill
grandpaken
jamm
JFB
Ducksbane
Lambo
Flashback
bputt
Suthergintelmen

Got some interest, may know a vendor to help
ebrabaek
Gangplank
Dukedar
ride2little
Pomo

Been there done that: Spiegler
MCMXCIVRS
dendrophobe

Sorry but please remove me from the want list.
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #34
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer
 
Gangplank's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Oddometer: 2,305
Going to suggest it again...

Call cycclebrakes.com and talk to them. They carry many brands and can get stuff custom made. They give discounts and have always been good to deal with.

Pretty sure if you have the specs they can put together a package at a set price and save it so we can each call in and order if we want it.
__________________
Ride more, bark less
Gangplank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #35
Sutherngintelmen OP
around the bend
 
Sutherngintelmen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: ATL
Oddometer: 1,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Going to suggest it again...

Call cycclebrakes.com and talk to them. They carry many brands and can get stuff custom made. They give discounts and have always been good to deal with.

Pretty sure if you have the specs they can put together a package at a set price and save it so we can each call in and order if we want it.
Will do if things don't smell good working current trail. Once I get all the details will post up and folks can finalize in/or out.
__________________
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #36
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,317
Add me to the "Been threre, done that." list.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #37
Crankarm
Adventurer
 
Crankarm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: New Mexico
Oddometer: 20
Please add me to the WANT list
I like the looks of the Spiegler lines/banjo bolts
Crankarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #38
Crankarm
Adventurer
 
Crankarm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: New Mexico
Oddometer: 20
I would expect that making this change to separate brake lines using non BMW parts will void any warantee for not just the front brake but the whole ABS system?????
Crankarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #39
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankarm View Post
I would expect that making this change to separate brake lines using non BMW parts will void any warantee for not just the front brake but the whole ABS system?????
Absolutely not. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, BMW would have to prove that the new lines (or faulty installation of the lines) caused the failure of the ABS system or brakes. There's no way routing the lines differently would cause either the ABS pump or the brakes themselves to fail.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #40
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Pacific NorthWest
Oddometer: 1,220
Helbrakes

I have talked with/emailed Jim@moto-Heaven.com. They are Helbrakes.

He is working hard to come up with a full & correct kit for us. So far, his pricing is very good. And they *will* offer an ADV discount. He is working off of this diagram: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=142

He gets that people want this now. He wants to make sure he is doing it right.
__________________
Olyrider
Ob-la-di...Ob-la-da
OlyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #41
Sutherngintelmen OP
around the bend
 
Sutherngintelmen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: ATL
Oddometer: 1,169
FYI - Spiegler is looking at making this into a 'kit' for better pricing. Stand by if you are thinking about pulling the trigger on fix. Expect this will lower cost even more.
__________________
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #42
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Pacific NorthWest
Oddometer: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Going to suggest it again...

Call cycclebrakes.com and talk to them. They carry many brands and can get stuff custom made. They give discounts and have always been good to deal with.

Pretty sure if you have the specs they can put together a package at a set price and save it so we can each call in and order if we want it.

They didn't answer the phone during business hours when I called. I emailed them the link, and they responded with "please fill out our custom order form". Not a criticism...just my experience.

On the other hand, Jim at Helbrakes has emailed me three times and talked on the phone twice, and expressed his eagerness to make this happen. If someone else wants to contact Cyclebrakes...please feel free.
__________________
Olyrider
Ob-la-di...Ob-la-da
OlyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #43
Crankarm
Adventurer
 
Crankarm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: New Mexico
Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Absolutely not. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, BMW would have to prove that the new lines (or faulty installation of the lines) caused the failure of the ABS system or brakes. There's no way routing the lines differently would cause either the ABS pump or the brakes themselves to fail.

YETIGS
I know you know about these things better than I do, so thanks for the re assurance, I guess i just always expect a manufacturer to use any way out of warantee claims
this is my first BMW (and only 3 months with it) and have no idea how they are with regard to warantee
Crankarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #44
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer
 
soyanarchisto's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Sunny PDX
Oddometer: 3,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankarm View Post
YETIGS
I know you know about these things better than I do, so thanks for the re assurance, I guess i just always expect a manufacturer to use any way out of warantee claims
this is my first BMW (and only 3 months with it) and have no idea how they are with regard to warantee
Not to hijack the thread, but I asked the owner of our local BMW dealer if removing my charcoal canister would void my warranty. He said it would. What he didnt say was that it would void any warranty issues related to the charcoal canister--only.
soyanarchisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #45
grandpa_ken
Gnarly Adventurer
 
grandpa_ken's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Archer Lodge, NC
Oddometer: 219
Well on second thought......take me off the “want list” for now.

I was in the shop looking at the brake line on my '07 KTM 450 EXC and I think two of these lines will fit the F800GS with no additional parts required. The KTM lines are about 50” long with 10mm banjos on each end. If I use one line on each caliper and connect them to the ABS output with the double-long banjo screw from the left caliper and use the single banjo bolt from the ABS connector at the left caliper. The 2007 450EXC is street legal so the brake lines must be DOT approved and have the stiff outer cover where it runs up the fork. The KTM lines are about $70 each ($140 pair). This will eliminate the tee and short connecting hose. I need to make some final measurements.
__________________
2009 BMW F800GS
2007 KTM 450EXC
grandpa_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014