Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #31
Sutherngintelmen OP
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,169
I spoke with Mathias at Spiegler today - nice guy. Said we should pursue a group buy through one of their dealers. Working that now.

Hope to have a cost today or tomorrow.

Updated list

Want it:
OlyRider
Gumbeaux
EnderTheX
NVTS
sonyanarchisto
toro618
Shawnee Bill
grandpaken
jamm
JFB
Ducksbane
Lambo
Flashback
bputt
Suthergintelmen

Got some interest, may know a vendor to help
ebrabaek
Gangplank
Dukedar
ride2little
Pomo

Been there done that: Spiegler
MCMXCIVRS
dendrophobe
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #32
Bushav8r
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Add me to the want list. I wonder if this could end up becomming a recall issue?
Bushav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #33
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutherngintelmen View Post
I spoke with Mathias at Spiegler today - nice guy. Said we should pursue a group buy through one of their dealers. Working that now.

Hope to have a cost today or tomorrow.

Updated list

Want it:
OlyRider
Gumbeaux
EnderTheX
NVTS
sonyanarchisto
toro618
Shawnee Bill
grandpaken
jamm
JFB
Ducksbane
Lambo
Flashback
bputt
Suthergintelmen

Got some interest, may know a vendor to help
ebrabaek
Gangplank
Dukedar
ride2little
Pomo

Been there done that: Spiegler
MCMXCIVRS
dendrophobe

Sorry but please remove me from the want list.
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #34
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,305
Going to suggest it again...

Call cycclebrakes.com and talk to them. They carry many brands and can get stuff custom made. They give discounts and have always been good to deal with.

Pretty sure if you have the specs they can put together a package at a set price and save it so we can each call in and order if we want it.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #35
Sutherngintelmen OP
around the bend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post

Call cycclebrakes.com and talk to them. They carry many brands and can get stuff custom made. They give discounts and have always been good to deal with.

Pretty sure if you have the specs they can put together a package at a set price and save it so we can each call in and order if we want it.
Will do if things don't smell good working current trail. Once I get all the details will post up and folks can finalize in/or out.
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #36
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,317
Add me to the "Been threre, done that." list.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #37
Crankarm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Please add me to the WANT list
I like the looks of the Spiegler lines/banjo bolts
Crankarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #38
Crankarm
Adventurer

I would expect that making this change to separate brake lines using non BMW parts will void any warantee for not just the front brake but the whole ABS system?????
Old 03-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #39
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankarm View Post
I would expect that making this change to separate brake lines using non BMW parts will void any warantee for not just the front brake but the whole ABS system?????
Absolutely not. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, BMW would have to prove that the new lines (or faulty installation of the lines) caused the failure of the ABS system or brakes. There's no way routing the lines differently would cause either the ABS pump or the brakes themselves to fail.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #40
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,220
Helbrakes

I have talked with/emailed Jim@moto-Heaven.com. They are Helbrakes.

He is working hard to come up with a full & correct kit for us. So far, his pricing is very good. And they *will* offer an ADV discount. He is working off of this diagram: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=142

He gets that people want this now. He wants to make sure he is doing it right.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #41
Sutherngintelmen OP
around the bend

FYI - Spiegler is looking at making this into a 'kit' for better pricing. Stand by if you are thinking about pulling the trigger on fix. Expect this will lower cost even more.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #42
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post

They didn't answer the phone during business hours when I called. I emailed them the link, and they responded with "please fill out our custom order form". Not a criticism...just my experience.

On the other hand, Jim at Helbrakes has emailed me three times and talked on the phone twice, and expressed his eagerness to make this happen. If someone else wants to contact Cyclebrakes...please feel free.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #43
Crankarm
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Absolutely not. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, BMW would have to prove that the new lines (or faulty installation of the lines) caused the failure of the ABS system or brakes. There's no way routing the lines differently would cause either the ABS pump or the brakes themselves to fail.

YETIGS
I know you know about these things better than I do, so thanks for the re assurance, I guess i just always expect a manufacturer to use any way out of warantee claims
this is my first BMW (and only 3 months with it) and have no idea how they are with regard to warantee
Old 03-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #44
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankarm View Post
YETIGS
I know you know about these things better than I do, so thanks for the re assurance, I guess i just always expect a manufacturer to use any way out of warantee claims
this is my first BMW (and only 3 months with it) and have no idea how they are with regard to warantee
Not to hijack the thread, but I asked the owner of our local BMW dealer if removing my charcoal canister would void my warranty. He said it would. What he didnt say was that it would void any warranty issues related to the charcoal canister--only.
soyanarchisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #45
grandpa_ken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Well on second thought......take me off the “want list” for now.

I was in the shop looking at the brake line on my '07 KTM 450 EXC and I think two of these lines will fit the F800GS with no additional parts required. The KTM lines are about 50” long with 10mm banjos on each end. If I use one line on each caliper and connect them to the ABS output with the double-long banjo screw from the left caliper and use the single banjo bolt from the ABS connector at the left caliper. The 2007 450EXC is street legal so the brake lines must be DOT approved and have the stiff outer cover where it runs up the fork. The KTM lines are about $70 each ($140 pair). This will eliminate the tee and short connecting hose. I need to make some final measurements.