User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #1
ktmmitch OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
Rally-Raid Products Honda CB500X

The prototype wheels for our Motoden Honda CB500X arrived today from Talon Engineering, and it took just a couple of hours to fit them in, using new machined spacers to suit the billet hubs.
The front is a 19" rim, and the rear an 18", but we will probably use a 17" as standard so as to keep the seat height reasonable.
This will allow a wider choice of trail rubbber for those wishing to take this bike on the trails.
The next step is to production cnc machine the special rear hub so that can be used with the OEM rear cush drive
The tyres fitted are a bit narrow for the rims, but it was all we had today, but will fit wider rubber later.
Note that we have retained the OEM discs and ABS sensor rings.

ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Dave1899
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Wow those look fantastic
Dave1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
Kray
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802

Man that rear tire is SUPER skinny though. Funny to see. This is looking great! Definitely interested to see what the 17/19 setup looks like.

Kray screwed with this post 09-22-2014 at 11:18 AM
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
sparky831
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Awesome! Those look great. Do you have a ballpark idea of the possible availability date?
sparky831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:38 AM   #5
ktmmitch OP
Studly Adventurer

spoked wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky831 View Post
Awesome! Those look great. Do you have a ballpark idea of the possible availability date?
i would expect finished billet wheel sets to be ready by end of the year, along with a range of other adventure parts, aluminium bash plate, front fender adaptor to raise it up, improved rear shock and fork extension/damping kit.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #6
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
i would expect finished billet wheel sets to be ready by end of the year, along with a range of other adventure parts, aluminium bash plate, front fender adaptor to raise it up, improved rear shock and fork extension/damping kit.
AWESOME!

You've just moved the 500X into the #1 spot for a replacement for my recently wrecked GS
JustKip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
aai
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
thanks Mitch!
aai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #8
bamamate
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Any idea if they would also fit the NC700x?
bamamate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
Dave1899
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch

Mitch, will your bash plate fit with a Honda OEM center stand?
Old 09-22-2014, 01:01 PM   #10
ktmmitch OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1899 View Post
Quote:

yes
Old 09-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #11
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1899 View Post
Quote:

If I might answer on his behalf - KTMmitch and I talked about this only yesterday!

Yes is the short answer [edit. Ha, as John has just replied above!] - the idea is produce a range of parts that are certainly compatible with the current Honda OEM accessories - and quite possibly the vast majority of aftermarket alternative parts such as centre stands and luggage racks that owners have already fitted...

Certainly we are aware that there are a large number of existing owners who have already started to modify their bikes, and we don't want potential customers having to abandon accessories they have already purchased and fitted if they don't have to...

However, at the same time, we trust that potential customers would also agree that we wouldn't want to compromise on our own designs if it is fundamentally compromised to try and fit it around other manufacturers accessories (either aftermarket or OEM)?

That said, the initial product line (as KTMmitch describes above) will essentially be unique to RRP in any case - that is the 'Adventure' conversion using bespoke wheels and suspension... and as the catalogue of parts and accessories expands, we will ensure that any modifications are both reversible, and that they integrate seamlessly with each other; and wherever feasible also utilise as many of the OEM parts as possible - not just to keep the initial costs down, but so that spares, servicing and any warranty issues are kept as simple as possible.

In addition, where we do also produce our own version of accessories already commercially available (such as skid plate/s, luggage racks and exhausts for example), we will of course endeavour to improve upon any existing designs - and trust that once the full catalogue of Rally Raid Products for the CB500X is available, potential purchasers will consider it a one-stop-shop for the definitive range of accessories for this bike, in much the same way that their extensive range of parts for the KTM 690 has developed.

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:43 PM   #12
Dave1899
Adventurer

Thanks guys. I will patiently await the CB500X bash plate and other compatible accessories you come up with.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #13
bhorocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Quote:
Peg relocation kit for tall riders.. Forward and down 1.5 inches.. 2 if possible. Taller suspension should help with this.
bhorocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #14
Kray
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamate View Post
Any idea if they would also fit the NC700x?
Yes, nearly the same exact wheel/tire fitment measurements.
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:45 AM   #15
sparky831
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Wow, those are all the things I was thinking I would like on my bike when I was riding over 15 miles of dirt the other day...wheels, suspension and engine protection. Can't wait to see the finished product.
sparky831 is offline   Reply With Quote