Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2014, 07:43 AM   #181
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,612
I have over 4,000 miles on my oiled's and 75% of that in hard rain and they perform as new,the best boot I have had in 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:27 AM   #182
jwhuls
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
I have both the S12 and the oiled balance.

The balance have very little in structural support. Like most adventure/road boots. As a mater of fact, I dropped my XT1200 on my ankle a few weeks ago, riding in ice. I was lazy and put on the balance. I still have a slight hitch in my giddyup.

But that is the sacrifice.

I love the balance. They are sooo comfortable and totally waterproof. Way more that any real hiking/work boot I have owned. I have, a few times, put them on instead of regular boots. because I know I will stay dry. I can hike miles in the balance boots. They are perfect for adventure/road riding and trail maintenance days. . But maybe not for ice riding and other extreme riding. That is what the S12's are for.

i give a 100% recommendation on the Oiled Balance with two years of hard use.
jwhuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:52 AM   #183
Dkizerian
Honky Lips

Oddometer: 109
I broke down and ordered myself a pair of the balance oiled's yesterday, I had tracking info within about an hour, and the boots will be here tomorrow. Even if I end up not liking the boots, you gotta love the fast shipping!

I'll post a follow-up once I've tried the boots.
Dkizerian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:39 AM   #184
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkizerian View Post
I broke down and ordered myself a pair of the balance oiled's yesterday, I had tracking info within about an hour, and the boots will be here tomorrow. Even if I end up not liking the boots, you gotta love the fast shipping!

I'll post a follow-up once I've tried the boots.

Hope you love yours as much as I love mine !!.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:12 PM   #185
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748
The Japan market gets a model from Gaerne, ED-Pro Art-405, that I don't see anywhere else.

http://www.japex.net/gaerne/ed-pro405.html

Full Vibram welt/replaceable sole.
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:15 PM   #186
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

All I want is that shifter cover. !!.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #187
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,760
Balance Oiled Parts

~

Had something interesting happen the past couple of rides with my Balance Oiled boots. The straps have been coming out of the middle latching assembly. They've stayed latched into the buckle, but I get off the bike with the strap flapping from the buckle. Weird, and never has happened before in the two-plus years I've owned mine.

I put the strap back into the base piece on the boot face, and they seem to be in there solid, but then every now and then one of them comes loose again. It's always the middle of the three straps, too.

Anyway, I sent "Atomic Moto" a message via their web site asking if they stocked parts for the boots, and I got a reply a day later saying they did stock parts even though they were not shown on their web site, but to please send them an email to info@atomic-moto.com with some pictures of the straps so they could make sure they could check to see if they had the right ones and get me a price, which I immediately did...

Since then I haven't heard a word, and that was a couple of days ago.

I wouldn't worry so much about it except that I've got a trip coming up and I'd like to make sure I at least have a couple of new straps along with me as spares, just in case I stop one day and I've lost a strap on a boot.

So I'm going to post some pics here of the straps I need in hopes that they see them here and respond with pricing and ordering information. I'm also going to send them a PM via their ADVrider ID and hope I get a further response. Hopefully they will start listing and showing boot parts on their web site in case anybody else needs something like this in the future.

Here's the pictures:

I really do love these boots... Best I've ever had. But if I can't parts to maintain them with for the long haul when and if something simple goes amiss, like a strap, then I guess I'll have to shop for something else. I'd hope I could get parts for a $300+ pair of boots rather that have to think about replacing them after only two-and-a-half years because I can't get what looks like a $2 strap...

Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #188
Brtp4 OP
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
The Japan market gets a model from Gaerne, ED-Pro Art-405, that I don't see anywhere else.

Ah, yes......the subject of many frustrated rants to Gaerne USA.

That boot is literally a favor from the founder of Gaerne Italy, Ernesto Gazzola, to one of his Japan market imports and good friends. The favor is that it is exclusive to them, and not produced in anything approaching a North American size.

Seriously, I have been begging for a US market version of the ED Pro for three years. Perhaps some testimonials here would help my case.....

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #189
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
Ah, yes......the subject of many frustrated rants to Gaerne USA.

That boot is literally a favor from the founder of Gaerne Italy, Ernesto Gazzola, to one of his Japan market imports and good friends. The favor is that it is exclusive to them, and not produced in anything approaching a North American size.

Interesting. They sell it in sizes up to about 11 or 11.5 US iirc. I have a 45/10.5. Great boots.
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #190
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Anyway, I sent "Atomic Moto" a message via their web site asking if they stocked parts for the boots, and I got a reply a day later saying they did stock parts even though they were not shown on their web site, but to please send them an email to info@atomic-moto.com with some pictures of the straps so they could make sure they could check to see if they had the right ones and get me a price, which I immediately did...
Give them a call, emails can occasionally get filtered or marked incorrectly as spam, or it could be attachments made the email too big for their host, or...

I've found Atomic to be incredibly helpful and knowledgeable beyond all my expectations.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:07 PM   #191
Brtp4 OP
Do what you love.

Dallara,

My apologies for the delay. Give us a call tomorrow and we will get them going immediately.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Old 02-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #192
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,760
Thumb Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
Dallara,

My apologies for the delay. Give us a call tomorrow and we will get them going immediately.

BP

I appreciate the speedy reply here, BP...

But calling on the phone during your office hours is problematic for me with my schedule the next few weeks. Anyway we can handle it via email or PM?

Otherwise I guess I can try and call, but I'm not sure when exactly that will be. What's the earliest you get there in the morning or the latest you're there in the evening?

Thanks!

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #193
deliberate speed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable View Post
Give them a call, emails can occasionally get filtered or marked incorrectly as spam, or it could be attachments made the email too big for their host, or...

I've found Atomic to be incredibly helpful and knowledgeable beyond all my expectations.
+1

The hours they're open are a little strange for calling from the east coast sometimes, but they have been nothing but helpful for me.
deliberate speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:06 PM   #194
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post

Those are the ones I want. The shifter pad alone would get me off the fence so fast your head would spin.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #195
Brtp4 OP
Do what you love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post

But calling on the phone during your office hours is problematic for me with my schedule the next few weeks. Anyway we can handle it via email or PM?

~
Apologize for the hassle, but we do need to speak by phone. I am out Friday, and in and out tomorrow. How about this: PM me your # and I will call you.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR