Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #226
Dyn Blin
Irn Bru Lover

Oddometer: 91
Aye, appreciative of the education. I'll take it to the cobbler and have a patch sewn and call it an *ADV* boot.
Dyn Blin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #227
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,747
Not trying to *educate*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn Blin View Post
Aye, appreciative of the education. I'll take it to the cobbler and have a patch sewn and call it an *ADV* boot.

Our previous two posts crossed in transit. Didn't mean to hit the point so hard...

And I wasn't trying to educate so much as emphasize. Seems all too often in these discussions some folks confuse the words "trials" and "trail", or they simply don't know what "trials" is... I understand that you do, but I am often surprised at how many people have never heard of it even though they are avid motorcyclists.

It also seems that here in the USA, where trials has only a very small following and not much publicity, folks don't understand just how big a sport trials is over in Europe, so lots of riding gear is designed and aimed at that market. And since trials requires lots of mobility on the bike the riders don't want to be restricted or constrained by heavier protection around the ankle... Likewise, those same trials riders don't want shift pads.

Sadly, we don't have any boot makers in the USA that make decent motorcycle boots, much less "adventure" or "trials" boots... or MX or other off-road boots for that matter. But in Europe, where motorcycling has a much different place in society and culture, there are great boot makers... But for the most part they make boots for how Europeans ride.

For me, I like trials boots for their comfort, versatility, mobility, relative light weight, and feel. If folks want more protection then most likely another boot is a better choice. Fortunately there are a lot of choices out there!

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #228
Dyn Blin
Irn Bru Lover

Oddometer: 91
No worries, I wasn't up to high doh. It's a community and we're posting for benefit of a crowd. Sometimes somebody even learns something!
Dyn Blin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #229
LarryGS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 621
replacement soles

Hi, has anyone replaced the soles on their Balance Oiled boots? I've done some searching and am having difficulty finding a pair of soles for my boots. 44.5 EU, 10 USA. Thanks
LarryGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #230
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGS View Post
Hi, has anyone replaced the soles on their Balance Oiled boots? I've done some searching and am having difficulty finding a pair of soles for my boots. 44.5 EU, 10 USA. Thanks
Do you want another gum sole, or a regular? Call us on Monday.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:36 PM   #231
LarryGS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 621
Thanks, I will give you a ring on Mon.
The original sole served me well, but what tread is left seems brittle and prone to breaking apart. What's the "regular" option?
Thanks, Larry
LarryGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #232
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGS View Post
What's the "regular" option?
I'll second that question.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:35 AM   #233
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable View Post
I'll second that question.
The Balance is constructed via welting. On this method, the bottom-most part of the sole is glued onto a flat midsole, then the perimeter is sanded. You can attach almost any type of welt sole bottom, although some attention must be paid to the compound, shape, etc. for moto use. So, if you cannot get the OE Balance sole, you could sub an MX boot sole (harder compound), or a trials boot sole from another brand (availability), etc.

One of the better places to resole is http://www.factoryresole.com, and they have some pics of what I am describing.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:56 AM   #234
Charrito
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Good to know. I just got my sidi adventure rain boots back from resole america and they do not use original sidi soles as advertised. After a few calls with them and sending the boots back for them to check, their answer was "this is what we have". Not a bad job, just not the soles they promised.

NSA, this post is just for you.
Charrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #235
Csorin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
Ah, yes......the subject of many frustrated rants to Gaerne USA.

That boot is literally a favor from the founder of Gaerne Italy, Ernesto Gazzola, to one of his Japan market imports and good friends. The favor is that it is exclusive to them, and not produced in anything approaching a North American size.

Seriously, I have been begging for a US market version of the ED Pro for three years. Perhaps some testimonials here would help my case.....

BP
Would absolutely buy a pair of these. Here reading Balanced Oil reviews as I'm headed out for the TAT and my Alps SMX-5's just broke their zipper. I like the look of the little bit of extra protection on these 405's as I don't want a full on MX shoe for long days of riding. Only thing I'm worried about with the Balanced Oil is ankle protection but then again everything's a compromise.
Csorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:13 PM   #236
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,512
When/IF my balance oiled's ever wear out I will just order another pair with out question. !!.
I used mine on the WABDR Last month and they worked perfectly. !!,even in the 103-111 temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote