Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #31
Onederer
Crunch Nugget

Oddometer: 666
I could'nt find the engine specs on the Cleveland Cycleworks site, but I think the engine in those 250cc bikes is a pushrod design, not OHC.

Lifan has been selling a push rod 250cc engine for a while. A push rod 250cc engine is not zippy compared to any other OHC 250cc.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #32
Snoopjonnyjon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
I'd love a small lightweight bike, but not a slow dog of one. I just wish I could buy a new RD350.
Snoopjonnyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #33
antonac
Commuter

Oddometer: 323
I live about 5 miles from my local dealer - a newly opened, very unassuming garage shop that seems to be doing extremely well.

I've seen 'Tha Heist' in person, but I don't think the café racer has seen the light of day yet. When it does, I will be looking upon it longingly.

I have serious reservations about owning a Chinese bike. I put hard city miles on my bikes, more than keeping up with traffic three hours a day. I killed a Roketa in less than two thousand miles. However I've been told that this particular manufacturer has taken pains to make sure that things are sturdier. I'm hoping that they live up to expectations, since a reliable bike that's this cheap and looks this good couldn't possibly be a market failure, even if it's a dog.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #34
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 5,613
Yes, fuel injected, 75 mpg, a headlight that works, I got mine for $3000.00 new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigq View Post
Suzuki has already a retro-styled small UJM, the TU250X.
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #35
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederer View Post
I could'nt find the engine specs on the Cleveland Cycleworks site, but I think the engine in those 250cc bikes is a pushrod design, not OHC.

Lifan has been selling a push rod 250cc engine for a while. A push rod 250cc engine is not zippy compared to any other OHC 250cc.
Pushrod or otherwise, I really have to wonder what kind of power these bikes will have...and suspension quality...and chassis stiffness...and...well. And for over $3000, I'd rather kick in a few hundred more and get a real motorcycle like a Ninja 250 or such. Nostalgia can only take one so far.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #36
maskachka
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
CCW Misfit

I recently got a chance to help my CCW dealer uncrate, assemble, and ride for about 40 miles a brand new CCW Misfit. I'm going to post a detailed review later.

maskachka screwed with this post 01-16-2012 at 07:04 PM Reason: detailed review forthcoming
maskachka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #37
thunderkat59
Cooter on a scooter

Oddometer: 1,188
I looked at one on Saturday. I see "Chinese" and immediately skeptical. But, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.
The one I looked at was the "Misfit" and I a pretty sure I will buy one as soon as I can move my Burgman. The sticker stuff was a little chineezy, but the paint and chrome stuff while not Honda, was above Suzuki or Kawasaki quality. The Lifan motor is what it is . . . On scooter forums, some people getting zillions of miles, some getting having the usual clone motor complaints. The web site says they have five with 100k on them or something like that. The guy Scott, who owns the company will answer your emails within the hour if you have any questions. I love the small/old school premise of this bike. I'd love to have a '70's Jawa but or 3195, you really cant go too wrong.

thunderkat59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #38
thunderkat59
Cooter on a scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
I haven't taken a motorcycle of mine into a dealer for anything for twenty years and won't buy one that I can't fix myself.

I guess some that can't turn a wrench need dealer support.

Every time I go into a dealer for a part they end up ordering it any way so I might just as well order it myself and have it delivered to my house.
"Dealer Support" for motorcycles ? Ha Ha . . Oxymoronic laffery abounds.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #39
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
The misfit cafe racer 250

A recent photo from a bike show in cali.
Attached Images

moto-scoot bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #40
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,451
I got one of these bikes last Saturday. Still working out little bugs and breaking it in, but it's been a blast thus far. Most people underestimate how much fun 250cc bikes could be.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #41
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft

Oddometer: 3,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
I got one of these bikes last Saturday. Still working out little bugs and breaking it in, but it's been a blast thus far. Most people underestimate how much fun 250cc bikes could be.
lol. I love these threads... Something new comes out on the market and it's all ooohh and ahhh.

How much fun would a CR250 be if it was air cooled, 4 stroke and a push rod engine?

Seeing's tho they're both "250's" you prolly couldn't tell them apart...
Old 01-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #42
thunderkat59
Cooter on a scooter

Quote:
Like wimmins, people choose what they want, not what's the best one for them . . .
The luckiest ones are the ones who've find out riding a small bike at 100% is
more satisfying than riding a big bike at 25%
Old 01-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #43
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 5,613
I don't know about bikes from China, or what power the pushrod engine makes, but after many big bikes, my TU250 is the most fun bike I have ever owned except for maybe the first gen XL250 or the old Triumph Daytona's.

Light, nimble, stable, comfortable, great lights, great brakes, suspension and seat that is good enough for the typical American.

Light is easy, and easy is fun.
No more 1200cc 600 pound monsters for me.

Pushrods are not bad in themselves, my old Daytona's had no problem reving to 9000+ rpm, on a 40 year old design....
That also helps keep the weight lower and makes for a motor that is not as tall.

Since you can get a like new low mile TU250 for $3000.00 or less, I would skip these bikes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartmyNx View Post
lol. I love these threads... Something new comes out on the market and it's all ooohh and ahhh.

How much fun would a CR250 be if it was air cooled, 4 stroke and a push rod engine?

Seeing's tho they're both "250's" you prolly couldn't tell them apart...
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #44
jordan325ic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Quote:
Pictures? How was the pre-riding assembly process?
jordan325ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #45
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,451
Read post #36, he doesn't sugar coat it but I agree with him on most points. We assembled two bikes - one for Maskachka one for me.

I think as long as you set your expectations right, you will be happy with the Misfit. Hell, setting it up properly and playing with it is half the fun. I'm looking forward to jetting it for exhaust. Today I raised the needle and adjusted idle speed screw, and it's already much more responsive.

As far as judgmental skeptics go - don't knock it till you see it in person and ride it. Making remarks not knowing what you are talking about is silly.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan325ic View Post
Pictures? How was the pre-riding assembly process?

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote