User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
tedder OP
irregular

Oddometer: 8,797
socal canyons with Gustavo

Gustavo came to visit, so we went out for 250 miles of riding on the DL650 and Monster 696.

Here's what Gustavo had to say: I just came back from a long day of exploring the LA canyons on Tamara's Monster. It was a bit chilly (no, not chilly for LA, it was chilly. And actually cold on Angles Crest Hwy and it's closed half way though, so you can't ride all the way to Wrightwood), but dry and mostly pleasant otherwise. I came, I rode, there isn't much of a chicken strip left on the tires, I had a good time. What else is there to tell?

My comments (Ted's comments) are below the map and video.

We spent the morning riding out PCN and into the canyons. I like Latigo Canyon Road, though Gustavo complained about how bumpy it was. We came out for gas on Tuna Canyon Road, which is a narrow and desolate one-way road. It was surreal, especially because we then went up Topanga Canyon, which is wide and very busy.

Ted on the freeway, near Venice Blvd

Ted on PCH

Gustavo

Gustavo, after getting past some bicyclists

Ted and bikes at The Rock Store

The evolution of motorcyclists, seen on a trackday advert

We were blasting down Las Virgenes and were surprised to see an exotic-looking building in the canyons. We turned around and found out it was a Hindu temple; specifically, it is the Malibu Hindu Temple. Weird.

Gustavo at the Malibu Hindu Temple

We then hit an In N' Out in the Valley and "dropped by" a Triumph dealer in Simi Valley. Gustavo thought they'd have the Tiger 800 in stock, and also thought the dealership was closer. Oops- I should have mentioned it was almost 20 miles from where we were at the time.

Gustavo at In N' Out

After that, we went up Big Tujunga and onto Angeles Crest, then came back down for gas and coffee. We then ran Little Tujunga both ways. I really like Little Tujunga. What a neat road.

The road the the duck

The road and the duck
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
Gustavo
Motociclista Errante

Oddometer: 2,286
It was great to see you guys. Thanks for a most excellent tour of the LA canyons, tedder.

Next time, remind me not to trust you on the "no fleece needed" thing.... How did i pick the one weekend it's cloudy and cold (not to mention the rain today... ). I'll just have to come again, to see that it really is sunny in SoCal.

Gustavo
Gustavo is offline   Reply With Quote