Fingers on the clutch and looking ahead....finaly
pvangel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #618
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
looking good. what are the upcoming events and dates you'll be hitting?
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #619
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,363
Southwick private rental next weekend (great photo op) than Berwick Pa. in May5-6, Southwick again may 26-27 (Stimilon), Southwick June 15-16 (acr)
Broome Tioga in July....
Old 04-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #620
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Rode today in Milford Ct, and the track was reversed from last years layout, long straightaway was a double,double,double,table,double(triple)single which I just could not muster up the balls to do but kept working on it, I overjumped,underjumped,smashed my balls, almost went over the bars multiple times, whiskey throttled and almost fell off the back but finally got the rythem and did it perfect consistently for ten laps.

The landing spaces are so small between these jumps that your timing has to be perfect and the throttle application then to jump the next one has to be spot on. Being on a 125 you don't have the convineience of a 450 and the "blip" of the gas to clear something.

It was very rewarding to be able to do this by the end of the day and makes me appreciate the pros in SX, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY DO IT!

Good day....
Old 04-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #621
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Thursday night fun at the super seceret test facility, first 2 laps are slow but then I picked up the pace and started jumping the rythem section.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #622
pvangel OP
Team AARP

"pain is good, it means your alive"

Rode Sunday at Southwick at a private rental day, limited to 40 guys and we have the whole place to our selves.

Track was ungroomed and dry as bone which made it soft like baby powder in some sections. I struggled the first two motos with arm pump and avoiding the huge holes left from the previous days race but on my third trip out I saw a freind of mine on his 450 so I tucked in in back of him and started to pick up the pace, honestly the faster you went the easier it was but his 450 was killing me and my 125 in places with not only roost that would blanket me but the sand robs everybit of horsepower so I took every creative line i could and drove as deep into corners as i could and actually passed him at one point.
I picked up the pace again and went as fast as I could to an inside berm while he was outside and hit some of the baby powder and tucked the front end stopping me in my tracks and sent me over the bars, not good.

As I flew through the air with arms flailing I thought to my self, no big deal I'll just land in the cotton ball soft sand and probably bounce back up. Well I landed on the side of the track on some ground that was like concrete and I don't have to tell most of you that 190lb 52 year old bodies don't bounce like the used to. I landed on my side from me knee to my shoulder with a thud that was probably picked up on someones Richter scale in Mexico. I hit so hard that it knocked the wind out of me and I couldn't open my eyes for porobably a minute, i heard guys stop to prevent me from getting run over which was a good thing. I sat up after a minute and was pulled to my feet a couple minutes after that, still in shock they started my bike and I rode back to the truck but couldn't even put the bike on the stand. My brother and son set me in a chair and gave my water which I drank but really wanted to throw up instead.

I ended up sitting the rest of the day popping advil and drinking water and finally drove 120 miles home at 5 or so, then I couldn't walk when I got out of the truck (actually I can never walk when I get out of the truck after riding but this was worse) and of course had to endure more pain as my wife explained to me multiple times how I was to old to do this. I think that was what she was saying but I wasn't really listening because we had recorded the SX race and had to watch that right away.

So I am fine but friggen sore, my ribs hurt, hip doesn't move, shoulder is bruised, leg feel like it was hit with a baseball bat....You know normal.

Supposed to rain this weekend so hopefully can ride Thurday night?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #623
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,130
I've found its easier to use alittle misdirection regarding injuries

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #624
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Hey Phil Im pretty sure that you passing me on the left anout the 1:30 mark

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
Old 04-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #625
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Hey Phil Im pretty sure that you passing me on the left anout the 1:30 mark

Nope..Thats Tom W I was crying in the trailer about then..
Old 04-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #626
pvangel OP
Team AARP

This is what I have been reduced too... Icing and a Chardonay

The life of a racer...
Old 04-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #627
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Your flies open
Old 04-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #628
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Thats the "dockers" crease there and the fly is up....pg13 shot
Old 04-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #629
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Not sure what the big round green thing is above the shorts, must be photoshop?
Old 04-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #630
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Glad your doing OK