Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,724
I was going to say race, too. I figured you'd come around
Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #650
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,158
So got everything loaded up and the sun was shining, even had room for a little birthday gift!

My co pilot was in the usual position,

But the sun was shining and the traffic was flowing....but then the rains came....

It broke up here and there and we got to the track and it REALLY opened up, everybody was huddled up under the tent.

And now were in the Super8! should be interesting tomorrow....
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #651
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,573

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #652
pvangel OP
Team AARP

11:00 pm and still FRIGGGGGEN pouring, good night.....
Old 05-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #653
ADK
____

Oddometer: 8,038
Cool2

Fuggit, go home and watch the vegas sx.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #654
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Turned out to be a great day of racing! just got back to the Super 8 in time for VEGAS sx....full report coming
Old 05-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #655
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,573
Told You

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #656
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Woke up Saturday morning and the ground was wet from the last nights rain but we headed to the track with a postive attitude, positive ir would be a mudder. The driveway into the pits is a dirt road down a long hill which we proceeded to slide down with wheels locked doing a perfect 180 into our parking spot.

My son and I walked the upper part of the track to see what the ground looked like and it really wasn't bad, I figured we would sign up and commit to the day. I should have looked at the lower part of the track because that was the bad part but we were in at this point.

I signed up for two classes, Vintage 80's and the adult mini which was going to be run seperate than the kids because the adults would run the whole track and the kids would run the top "dry section". Practice is Modern/Vintage/Modern/Vintage than mini's so we watched the modern bikes do the first practice and the bikes weren't to badly covered in mud so I suited up for my first practice. There were sections that had puddles and there was a bunch of slop in places but it really wasn't that bad. By the second practice the track was really shaping up.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #657
pvangel OP
Team AARP

With my ribs still sore from a couple weeks ago I didn't have my full "mojo" back yet so I lined for the first vintage moto up on the outside to stay away from any first turn carnage, I actually got a pretty decent start and was 4th or 5th and staying in the mix. At the end of a long straightaway I missed the berm/corner and careened off the track and was headed for a small pond left by the rains which made me veer farther of course which I finally made it around and did some bushwacking to get back on the track losing a lot of positions. I was able to pass quite a few guys over the remaining laps and finished 5th I think which I was happy with.

Second vintage moto and I lined up to the outside again and was able to come up with another great start, I was in 3rd and moving forward. I came into a sweeping left hander on the inside with my friend in front of me and he apeared to be going into the 2nd rut and me in the first but he was squaring it up and vereed in front of me and we came together with him going down and me taking the position(not the way I like to). I heard metal to metal and something brake but had no idea what it was but would find out later. I finished the moto in fourth or fifth and was happy with my riding but should have done better, I just didn't have it with being so sore.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #658
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Mini class was a pretty full gate and I lined up to the inside looking for the hole shot wich I didn't get. There was a lot of bumping in the first turn and someone went dow right in front of me, it was a girl (lady actually and yes she was in front of me when she fell but she is fast!) and the bike was on top of her so of course I had to stop and help her. I dropped my bike and pulled hers off her and made sure she got started and on her way ( there are still some gentlemen in this world) so I was in last place but was able to pass her (I told you she was fast geeez) and caught up to the pack and finshed 5th.

Second moto I made sure I got a better start so I didn't have to help any old women trapped under there bike (but she did beat me to the first turn again,look she weights like 100 lbs and I'm telling you she's fast geeez) but I was up and in the hunt in this moto sitting in third or fourth. Not sure how it happened but 1/2 a lap into it and I was in first and pulling away ( that girl was no where near me now). There is a guy that rules this class who is in his mid 50's and in perfect condition (vegan I think) who doesn't even drink beer after the racing who I could see slowly gaining on me and eventually passed me but then I past him, we went back and forth a couple times but he pulled out a bit. Now it's the last lap and I'm getting right back up to him, there is a big sweeping uphill with a single half way up which was one of my faster sections and I was right on his Vegan ass. I could hear his bike breaking up a little as I blew by him for the win! I have to say it was one of the best races I have had in a long time and he said to me after the race that in ran perfect until that point in the race.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #659
ADK
____

Oddometer: 8,038
Thumb

Glad you had fun, how did Jr do?
off topic; anybody got a Dungey replica yet? if so, is it like an orange RM?
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #660
pvangel OP
Team AARP

We ate dinner at the track and had a few beers (the vegan had Tofu) than went to watch supercross which is on the same property and run under the lights. It is a slice of Americana to see local racing like this with teenagers on dates in the stands and the smell of hot dogs and hamburgers being cooked in the food shack, even had fireworks during the National Anthem.

Back at the luxurios Super 8 at 10pm for the Vegas Supercross which I only made through the first moto and was out. Had to get up at 6 for another raceday on Sunday which is the 45 Min gp on a 2.5 mile course.