ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2011, 06:16 AM   #46
ThereisnoSpoon
High Enough

Oddometer: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
I tired to get in the forest this afternoon to get a glimpse of the blevy but the Rangers headed me off.
You probably tried to go in the front way, all the locals know the back way is the only way to enter that forest.

We should go over and check it out tonight. 100ft flames I'm told. We can take the trail over, which ironically starts right at the double jump in the enduro camp training track.

We can hit the double at night too!
ThereisnoSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:09 AM   #47
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereisnoSpoon View Post
You probably tried to go in the front way, all the locals know the back way is the only way to enter that forest.

We should go over and check it out tonight. 100ft flames I'm told. We can take the trail over, which ironically starts right at the double jump in the enduro camp training track.

We can hit the double at night too!

I tried to go in by Ryans dad's place,,, when I got to the forest, there was a ranger sitting there.

I'm thinking that it might be better to try from the other side... go in through the Hoosac School,, cross the powerlines and down over the hill.

Would be sweet to witness the predicted explosion!!

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #48
ThereisnoSpoon
High Enough

Quote:
I tried to go in by Ryans dad's place,,, when I got to the forest, there was a ranger sitting there.

I'm thinking that it might be better to try from the other side... go in through the Hoosac School,, cross the powerlines and down over the hill.

Would be sweet to witness the predicted explosion!!
There's another way in there from that side, NW across the field from Ryan's dad's and down the trail. I don't think the rangers will be manning the trail post at night. I saw a few ranger trucks on 2 near your house this morning headed east. They're really just state workers you know, outta there by 5!

I think we can view it from the other side too. I'll bring the camera and some beers. Hot laps on the track first!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #49
AWM OP
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,320
Theres just one tank on fire?

Truckers do everything small.....

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:06 AM   #50
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

I hiked across the state forest last night only to be met by a ranger on an atv . He was sitting on a precipice over looking the site about 75 yards away. He was sort of cool but wouldn't let me take his picture. What a mess down there. The gas was still burning and I got a couple crappy pics.

All the white is ice covering everything from the water cannons. The power company had just arrived to start fixing the poles and wires.

Hard to make out but the flames are coming from the tail end of the trailer and the rest is off to the right.

They expect the gas to be burned off sometime today and then they need to wait for it to cool before bringing in a couple cranes to lift it out of the ravine. Then the state boys need to come in and repair the road. Rt 7 will most likely be closed for a minimun of another day.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #51
ThereisnoSpoon
High Enough

Quote:
What a mess down there.

This is only 3 miles from "camp"!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #52
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Looks like the road is open now.... all the detour signs are gone.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:43 AM   #53
ThereisnoSpoon
High Enough

Not so much snow expected for today, so I'll be out tomorrow on the mountain. Slippery conditions will make it ideal for practice. If anyone wants in just let me know.

This hill is difficult on a good day, a layer of snow adds to the fun. There's good views from the top if you can make it up.

Also, I'm trying to resurrect an old track I had around the house. I stopped running it when the bridge I built across the stream collapsed. Does anybody know where I can get 2 or 3 25 - 30 ft old utility poles around here. The more creosote the better!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #54
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,672
I'll ask my buddy at ConEd what they do with the old ones. If I can get them I can probably have them up your way in a month or so
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #55
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
Quote:
Not so much snow expected for today, so I'll be out tomorrow on the mountain. Slippery conditions will make it ideal for practice. If anyone wants in just let me know.

This hill is difficult on a good day, a layer of snow adds to the fun. There's good views from the top if you can make it up.

Also, I'm trying to resurrect an old track I had around the house. I stopped running it when the bridge I built across the stream collapsed. Does anybody know where I can get 2 or 3 25 - 30 ft old utility poles around here. The more creosote the better!
Can you drop trees on site to build it? Transporting poles that long will be hard. I built one on my property out of pine trees I drove a tractor across. I can give you a hand with it. What time are you riding tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #56
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

I have access to a 25'- 30' heavy duty trailer 3 poles would be no problem
Old 04-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #57
ThereisnoSpoon
High Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
I'll ask my buddy at ConEd what they do with the old ones. If I can get them I can probably have them up your way in a month or so
That would be great, thank you!!! Just let me what you need for this, $'s or otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoto View Post
Can you drop trees on site to build it? Transporting poles that long will be hard. I built one on my property out of pine trees I drove a tractor across. I can give you a hand with it. What time are you riding tomorrow.
That's what I did the last time, I used some hardwood trees that were in the perfect location and it worked great, but they only lasted about 4 years before they broke in half and collapsed. I need something with some more longevity.

Maybe 11 or 12 tomorrow, I don't know it's all the same to me. What's your schedule?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #58
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Quote:
That would be great, thank you!!! Just let me what you need for this, $'s or otherwise.

That's what I did the last time, I used some hardwood trees that were in the perfect location and it worked great, but they only lasted about 4 years before they broke in half and collapsed. I need something with some more longevity.

Maybe 11 or 12 tomorrow, I don't know it's all the same to me. What's your schedule?

Only thing I need is my buddy to say I can get the old poles. I'll load em up and bring em to you. The only thing I would need on your end is a way to get em off the trailer. Could probably just tie one end to a tree and drive the trailer out from under em if we had to.. That and a few enduro camp lessons.... I'll see him over the weekend I think
Old 04-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #59
ThereisnoSpoon
High Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Only thing I need is my buddy to say I can get the old poles. I'll load em up and bring em to you. The only thing I would need on your end is a way to get em off the trailer. Could probably just tie one end to a tree and drive the trailer out from under em if we had to.. That and a few enduro camp lessons.... I'll see him over the weekend I think
If you can get them here I can get them off, sweet! You can bring your bike up too, or anytime for that matter.

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #60
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
Quote:

I can't make it. I just got home after spending 9 hrs with my daughter in the ER for dehydration from a stomach virus. I want to stick around the house tomorrow.