Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 11:47 PM   #76
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED XT FAN View Post
I say yes. The TT 600 gas tank has a big backbone. You just have to fit the front mounts. Also, the early XR 500 plastic tanks fit a TT 350 too. Come in red too!!ED
The '81-82 XR tank, or the RFVC?
NordieBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #77
Kelly_O
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED XT FAN View Post
Kelly, I no longer do paypal. send me a M/O Post office has them. For $25.00. O.K.? Ed

1 Postal M/O headed to the Finger Lakes region. Thank You Ed. BTW, do you fish? I've always wanted to fly fish for smallies in your neck o' the woods. Kelly.
Kelly_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #78
biggurn
Yes, it is BIG.

Oddometer: 97
It's amazing to see that you guys still run these! I had one back in highschool, it was fun until the CDI went out, pulled the engine and chopped up the frame, still have the engine (12 years later) wish now I had kept it after seeing everything still do with them!
Old 06-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #79
Kelly_O
Gnarly Adventurer

Put a few miles on....

...my 84 TT600 yesterday. I have a few questions for you experienced TT riders. The float on my main carb seems to be sticking. Fuel out the overflow. Tapping on float bowl helps. Best place to buy carb parts? The bike will not rev properly in 3rd gear or higher. It'll rev hard in 1st and 2nd. More carb trouble? Whatcha think? Thanks, Kelly.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #80
Kelly_O
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_O View Post
1 Postal M/O headed to the Finger Lakes region. Thank You Ed. BTW, do you fish? I've always wanted to fly fish for smallies in your neck o' the woods. Kelly.

Hey Big Ed, I got the air filter parts today. Thank You SO much!!! Exactly what I needed, Kelly.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #81
Cigar Mike
Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer: 1,399
Quote:
...my 84 TT600 yesterday. I have a few questions for you experienced TT riders. The float on my main carb seems to be sticking. Fuel out the overflow. Tapping on float bowl helps. Best place to buy carb parts? The bike will not rev properly in 3rd gear or higher. It'll rev hard in 1st and 2nd. More carb trouble? Whatcha think? Thanks, Kelly.

Make sure everything is clean and inspect the needle. I have had this happen to me and a good cleaning solved the problem.

Mike
Old 06-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #82
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,177
TT600 Motor will be happy now!!

Quote:
Hey Big Ed, I got the air filter parts today. Thank You SO much!!! Exactly what I needed, Kelly.
Thanks, ED
BIG ED XT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #83
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,177
TT 600 Roller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggurn View Post
It's amazing to see that you guys still run these! I had one back in highschool, it was fun until the CDI went out, pulled the engine and chopped up the frame, still have the engine (12 years later) wish now I had kept it after seeing everything still do with them!
Hi, Need a roller for that motor? Have a roller, just need a new cdi box , carb, and exhaust. ED
BIG ED XT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #84
dnnyrckts
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Try Dillon Bros http://www.powersportspro.com/pages/...(TT600L_-_1984)
In the process of rebuilding the carb on my '83. Just got the parts this week from these guys. Make sure you tear into the carb first to make sure what you need, otherwise you'll end up placing multiple orders and incurring more shipping charges.
dnnyrckts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #85
Kelly_O
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnnyrckts View Post
Try Dillon Bros http://www.powersportspro.com/pages/...(TT600L_-_1984)
In the process of rebuilding the carb on my '83. Just got the parts this week from these guys. Make sure you tear into the carb first to make sure what you need, otherwise you'll end up placing multiple orders and incurring more shipping charges.

Thanks, I've also bought a few parts from PowersportsPlus.Com. Low prices and cheap shipping on the parts I got, Kelly.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #86
Simosez
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
hi all, sorry not a TT owner but i did have a TT250 years ago.
anyway a question for TTR belgarda owners with the ohlins shock. what is the eye to eye length of the shock?
cheers in advance.
Simosez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #87
ilsardo
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simosez View Post
hi all, sorry not a TT owner but i did have a TT250 years ago.
anyway a question for TTR belgarda owners with the ohlins shock. what is the eye to eye length of the shock?
cheers in advance.
398 mm

http://www.ohlins.com/Our-products/M...-sport/YA-626/

click on mounting instructions under documents
ilsardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #88
dvgonzo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Kelly_O,

Look at the little tip on your needle and seat. Sometimes if stored with gas in them they will build up some deposits on there and it will almost but not quite close off the fuel flow due to it.

It is barely visible and you can usually just scrape it off all the way around with a fingernail to get the seat to seat!

Even had this happen to a lot newer dirt scoot recently!
dvgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #89
Kelly_O
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvgonzo View Post
Kelly_O,

Look at the little tip on your needle and seat. Sometimes if stored with gas in them they will build up some deposits on there and it will almost but not quite close off the fuel flow due to it.

It is barely visible and you can usually just scrape it off all the way around with a fingernail to get the seat to seat!

Even had this happen to a lot newer dirt scoot recently!

Thanks, I'll give that a go while I try to figure out my newest carb problem. Went for a short ride today and now I have bigger problems. I came upon a slight uphill. I twisted the grip and the bike bogged badly and slowed. I downshifted and twisted again. It bogged again. It acted like it was starving for fuel so I reached down and pulled out the choke. It helped a lot! I was 5 miles or so from the house, so I turned around and pointed us for home. I noticed a few things on the ride home.
CLUES!!
The bike idled OK with the choke ON. The bike pulled OK with the choke ON. Midrange it stumbled HARD and would then take off like it should. Without the choke it wouldn't accelerate at all, but would idle. This is the first thumper I've ever had so I don't know much about them. It seemed to me that it acted like a really bad vacuum leak. I looked at the intake tract and it looks fine. I'll get some carb cleaner and hunt for a leak. Am I headed in the right direction? Can I access the needle and seat by removing the float bowl? Thanks for the help, Kelly.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #90
dvgonzo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Those sound like classic plugged idle jet symptoms to me, which also come from having the bike sit with gas in the carb. I had this problem twice on different dirt scoots in the past year and I am GOOD at draining the gas out of the bowls when I park them. Problem (IMO) is this crap gas they are force feeding us.

On my KLR I had it start to miss and chug in just 5 weeks of sitting the winter before last, and the gas was treated with Stabil AND Seafoam!

Yes, you can remove the float bowl to access it. It helps to loosen the two hose clamps on each side of the carb's rubber boots and rotate the carb about 45 degrees, also put a squirt of wd40 on top of each boot and allow it to run down around the boot, it makes it lot easier to then rotate the carb). Also make sure you pull a little slack in the cables to allow it to turn.

Put a shop rag or towel accross the top of the cases just under the carb in case you drop anything (been there before!).

Remove the bowl, then you pull the little pin that slides through and holds the floats in. This will allow the float to drop out and the needle and seat come down with it, usually. Give a blast of carb cleaner or wd40 up into where the needle seats while you are there.

The idle jet is the small one that sits up into the well next to the main jet and it gets plugged real easy as gas evaporates up through it leaving behind a little plug of varnish. Most times you HAVE to push a real small wire throuh it to get it cleared out completely.

I use a small bread tie wire stripped of the plastic. I beleive it is like .016 or .013 hole so real small diameter. You can also use a real small # drill but push the shank end through it to prevent scratching the jet.

Re-assmble...RIDE!
dvgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote