Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #16
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 792
Hey Manxman, it would be a special order at this time. The first wave of mens Armas have just arrived. Those interested in Armiina are invited to consult with us on their sizing and riding requirements.
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #17
MANXMAN
Overlander

Oddometer: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Mike View Post
Hey Manxman, it would be a special order at this time. The first wave of mens Armas have just arrived. Those interested in Armiina are invited to consult with us on their sizing and riding requirements.
My wife is looking at this suit to upgrade from the men's Rukka jacket she has now. I am a confirmed Rukka whore (3 jackets and 2 pairs of pants) so I am doing all I can to encourage her.

Can you suggest what the price would be? We have found the suit in Europe but would prefer to get it from a Canadian or US dealer if possible.
MANXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #18
g.slick
gracie

Oddometer: 26
Mike
The Armiina suit does look really nice....I am not convinced it is what I want though......I really,really love my AirPower.

I rode home Sunday afternoon in snowy/slushy crap in my suit, with my electrics, a windproof fleece, and micro fibre baselayer and it was awesome. Toasty warm, dry and protected. Can honestly say that was the coldest wet ride I've done in my suit.

Will Rukka bring back a womens AFT suit?? The "unicorn" certainly sounds like it should be for ladies........

g.slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:47 PM   #19
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Hey Manxman, price on the Armiina $1295.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey Slick, can understand how you're very attached to your AirPower. It has the widest temp range of all the Rukka gear. We certainly would love to see it back in the womens line. But the numbers probably weren't there so no AFT-based suit for the present.
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Old 04-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #20
rockydog
just a guy

Oddometer: 770
athos

just got off the phone with Mike talking about the Athos jacket i just purchased from a fellow advrider. I was after information and received straight up answers. thx, mike. I have been to Finland and checked out Rukka gear and Genelec speakers, thinking i could buy for less. Prices were the same, except buying gear through a dealer here gives you answers and options readily available and direct support for their product line. Rukka is a niche market, and as such develops passion among users and non users and i find the all haired up gearslut ravers totally entertaining no matter what the subject.

i do like my jacket, by the way. really

Rockydog woofs the isles, British isles
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #21
Reverse
Armchair Tough

Oddometer: 1,252
Mike:

The Rukka Unicorn looks very interesting, although it almost sounds too good to be true: 40F-100F temp range. Since I live in GA, that's be a great jacket for most days year round here. Before I spend that kind of money on a jacket, I'd like to see someone else test it first :-)

Do you know of any independent test of this jacket available online?
Old 04-07-2011, 06:32 AM   #22
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Riders have seen and tested this outfit perhaps without realizing it. The Unicorn is the latest incarnation of the venerable Rukka AirPower series. Introduced over 10 years ago as the first (and still only) Cordura AFT total airflow outer with removable Gore-Tex lining, it has since added features such as Outlast PCM and AirVantage inflatable insulation. So for those with previous AirPower 3 or AirVision models, the Unicorn is no different except for some styling updates. And no price increase. Talk about inflation without inflation!

We invite all Rukka AirPower/AirVision owners to contribute their experiences.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #23
tundra61
I wish I had a title

Oddometer: 926
Mike,

Can you detail the differences between the Armas and Argonaut? Also, for my specific use - I am looking for a fall/winter/spring jacket for the Northeast US so any particular differences relating to seasonal usage would be appreciated.

Mike
tundra61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #24
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Hey tundra, the Armas and Argonaut are essentially the same thing both functioning fall/winter/spring. The Armas adds Outlast PCM for wider comfort range and SuperFabric for increased impact protection. Not to say the Argonaut isn't handy for those pesky skeleton fights.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #25
tundra61
I wish I had a title

Thanks for the reply Trophy Mike. Few specific questions:

1. What does the Outlast PCM add and in what areas is the SuperFabric added to the Armas (sorry if you already explained this someplace).
2. Do both come with the same weight thermal liner?
3. Do both have full waist zip to attach to the pants?
4. Would waist zip on a 58 jacket match 52 pants with no weird alignment issues?
4. Lastly - what's the price difference?

tundra61 screwed with this post 04-09-2011 at 07:46 PM
Old 04-10-2011, 05:52 AM   #26
FrozenViking
Thawing

Oddometer: 83
Hello Mike,

Will the Rukka Armas trousers fit on the outside of the Sidi Adventure Gore Tex boot?
FrozenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:11 AM   #27
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,884
Mike, can you do a detailed break down/pictorial of the armas jacket? Some of us may have $1400 worth of other jackets we could sell off
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:16 AM   #28
tundra61
I wish I had a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Mike, can you do a detailed break down/pictorial of the armas jacket? Some of us may have $1400 worth of other jackets we could sell off
That's a great suggestion - as they say - a picture is worth a thousand words.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #29
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra61 View Post
Thanks for the reply Trophy Mike. Few specific questions:

1. What does the Outlast PCM add and in what areas is the SuperFabric added to the Armas (sorry if you already explained this someplace).
2. Do both come with the same weight thermal liner?
3. Do both have full waist zip to attach to the pants?
4. Would waist zip on a 58 jacket match 52 pants with no weird alignment issues?
4. Lastly - what's the price difference?
1. Outlast has been added to the jacket lining of the Armas. It helps you maintain thermal equilibrium by using phase change materials (PCMs) that change from liquid to solid (and vice versa) reacting solely to changes in temperature. They absorb, store and recycle your body heat, taking it away when you're generating too much, returning it when you need it more. The result - Outlast reduces the rate at which you'll overheat or get cold. SuperFabric overlays the base Armacor textile with extremely hard epoxy guard plates to keep sharp objects from penetrating yet also allow complete flexibility and breathability. It has been added to shoulders, elbows and knees.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. That's quite a latitude of difference but not impossible. None of our clients have been more than two sizes apart combining jacket and pants (trousers). Please consult our Rukka Trousers Sizing Guide to see where you fit in. Remember, Rukka trousers are ideally worn as trousers not overpants.
5. The Armas is $1395 jacket $975 trousers with the Argonaut about $200 less on the jacket $100 less on the trousers. Given the upgrade in comfort and protection that still makes the Armas the better value.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #30
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenViking View Post
Hello Mike,

Will the Rukka Armas trousers fit on the outside of the Sidi Adventure Gore Tex boot?
It should since there is a zippered bottom adjustment. They go just fine over our Vendramini Marathons.