Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #46
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 795
Hey Bartron, the Rukka proprietary RVP Air Protector armor features a patented open basket weave design for total airflow comfort, increased flexibility and broader spreading of the impact. It's also included with every Rukka apparel package. The APS d30, while an upgrade, doesn't offer that much more protection than the original set-up and is less comfortable in warmer weather. It also costs an extra $50/pr for each section plus $125 for the backpad totaling $325 for an entire outfit.

Without knowing which Leatt device referred to the general consensus is that none of the Rukka thus far is designed to wear over such.
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #47
Reverse
Armchair Tough

Oddometer: 1,259
Mike:

I noticed on the Rukka website the Unicorn jacket comes in black/red. Is this color combo available in the US?

Also, what kind of lead time can I expect if I order the jacket and pants?

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #48
PaulRS
Dutch fool

Oddometer: 721
Ok, my two cent's.

First, I've been a Rukka wearer for over 20 years, 20-30k miles/year on average, all-year round.
Some side-steps were a BMW outfit (got stolen) and Dane, which I wore out in 3-4 years.
Back to Rukka again and this jacket lasted for 9-10 years and has developed some small leaks on which no warranty is given anymore.

Last X-mas I bought the new Rukka Argonaut, and I must say I'm most impressed.
The 'zipper' needs some getting used to and regular lubing, but apart from that, it's great.
The outer material is stiff, but not to stiff to bother and riding with the thermal liner removed and wearing just a T-shirt, it's stiff enough not to flap about when riding.

The lining has it's own zipper, so it closes completely, where the Armas and Edison leave a strip of about 5 cm of the chest/belly uncovered, forming a 'cold-bridge'.

One thing I don't like (there's always something to moan about. ), is that the lining is a bit short, both around the waist and sleeves, prolonged winterriding leave some cold spots in that areas.

So why the Argonaut and not the Armas/Edison?

- The liner, it closes completely.
- I don't need the extra collar, it doesn't feel right between the jacket and helmet.
- Outlast and extra reinforcements, do I need it?
- Cool coating on the outside? I've got my old Air jacket for the few hot days in western Eu.
- Costs, Argonaut goes for 800, the Armas for about a grand and the edison a hefty 1300

And because I also needed two pairs of gloves, the nice girl behind the counter threw in an Outlast shirt as a freebee.

Overall, I'm happy.

Paul.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #49
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Hey PaulRS, looks like you made a good choice. Few riders will get to reap the benefit of two separate Rukka outfits hence our recommendation on the Armas. Outlast PCM and SuperFabric are technologies too good to pass up even for the extra cost. We're still working on getting a girl for the counter though.
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Old 04-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #50
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
Mike:

I noticed on the Rukka website the Unicorn jacket comes in black/red. Is this color combo available in the US?

Also, what kind of lead time can I expect if I order the jacket and pants?

Thanks.
Hey Reverse, still waiting on a definitive timeframe from those relatively covert Finns. Once we get word it'll post here. All colors should be available.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #51
Robear
Quack Kills

Oddometer: 154
Hi Mike,
The Unicorn has my intrest, as I have more trouble staying cool than I do staying warm. I have heard that WL Gore has stopped production of the airvantage system. Do you have any knowledge of this?

Thanks Rob
Old 05-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #52
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

We do not have confirmation on that yet Rob but are following it closely. Once we get definitive word it'll post here. AirVantage enables control of the insulation by adding or subtracting air to its inflatable chambers. It has more to do with making a hot weather garment operate in colder environs.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #53
Hollyr
Vesterislendingur

Oddometer: 617
Can I get new armour for my Rukka Airvantage. Had a little oops. I don't mind the tears on the suit but I do want to be sure the armour works just in case I need it again.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #54
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Hey Hollyr, replacement Rukka armor is available. Contact us with more details or a photo. Chances are the armor may still be salvageable.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #55
BeachMoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 670
Armas sizing

Mike, can you give me an idea of sizing (waist and inseam) on Armas trousers in size 58-C1?

I assume the waist is around 40" but I can't find anything on the inseam. I do see that the C1 is 7 cm shorter than the C2 but what is the C2's inseam?

Thanks.
1978 Suzuki 250TS
1982 Kawasaki GPZ 550
2007 BMW F800ST
2009 BMW R1200GS (Current)
BeachMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #56
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Hey BeachMoto, you're correct about the waist measurement on the Armas 58 euro. Inseam on the standard C2 is around 33". C1 and C3 run - or + the 7cm. To be truly accurate it would be best to contact or PM us your complete measurements top to bottom -- height, weight, chest, waist, hips, inseam, jean size (waist x inseam) for analysis.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #57
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

The Rukka Unicorn has arrived and only Trophy's got it!

The Rukka Unicorn Jacket, update of the venerable AirVision, is now here. Trophy Cycle Apparel will be the only N.A. dealer to feature this outstanding garment with unsurpassed temperature range (40-100Fh/4-38C), waterproofing and protection.

Rukka Unicorn - features
  • Dupont Cordura AFT outer jacket with 100% air flow
  • Gore-Tex waterproof detachable inner lining with Outlast PCM and AirVantage adjustable insulation controlled by adding or subtracting air to its inflatable chambers (simply blow into the attached tube)
  • RVP Air Protector Armor meets CE EN1621-1
  • Soft neoprene collar with magnetic closure
  • Width adjustment on upper and lower arm
  • 5 pockets; 2 inside (waterproof) including cell phone, 3 outside including waterproof pouch
  • 3M reflective material
  • Zips to matching Rukka AirVision Trousers
  • 5 year guarantee

Now the unfortunate news. Rukka Unicorn is a limited release model with only a handful of units available. As some have heard W.L. Gore has stopped production of their AirVantage system. This has no bearing on its efficacy or that of the Rukka Unicorn. It does mean that no more can be produced. PLEASE NOTE - We only have the Rukka Unicorn Jacket in standard black sizes euro 52-58. To avoid any disappointments all orders will be personally confirmed by our staff before your account is charged. Others will go on a waiting list if any returns or exchanges become available. Contact us for any sizing or other information.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #58
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Mike View Post
Inseam on the standard C2 is around 33". C1 and C3 run - or + the 7cm.
What is the standard inseam on Ladies pants?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #59
alohagirl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Question Womens sizing assistance

Dear Mike,

Thanks for this great thread.
Could you please advise me on what women's size to order for pants and jacket? I'm confused about whether I'm a 44 or 46 (or, something else?).

Chest=39.5"
Waist=31.5"
Hips=40.5"
Inseam=32"
Height=5'7"
Weight=150....

Thanks in advance for your advise
alohagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #60
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Hey HyperGirl,

PM sent.