Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #61
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito View Post
What is the standard inseam on Ladies pants?
Rukka womens C2 regular inseam ranges 29-32" in correlation to overall size. Add or subtract 7cm(2-3/4") for C3 long or C1 short.

Mens C2 regular ranges 33-35-1/2. Add or subtract 7cm(2-3/4") for C3 long or C1 short.
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #62
IKIGAI
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Mike View Post
Rukka womens C2 regular inseam ranges 29-32" in correlation to overall size. Add or subtract 7cm(2-3/4") for C3 long or C1 short.

Mens C2 regular ranges 33-35-1/2. Add or subtract 7cm(2-3/4") for C3 long or C1 short.
So with these ranges, you are saying that a Mens C3 would cover an inseam of 35.5 to 38.25 ?

That would seem to be in the range of 'green giant' wouldn't it?
I'm assuming that these pants are manufactured with excess length already, in order to accomodate a bent knee riding position -- is there an adjustable pocket for the knee armour then?
And much adjustability (inches / centimetres) does that allow for?

Thanks!
IKIGAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #63
Reverse
Armchair Tough

Oddometer: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKIGAI View Post
So with these ranges, you are saying that a Mens C3 would cover an inseam of 35.5 to 38.25 ?

I'm assuming that these pants are manufactured with excess length already, in order to accomodate a bent knee riding position -- is there an adjustable pocket for the knee armour then?

Thanks!
I'm about a 35" inseam, and like to get at least 2" extra for riding pants. I tried a pair of 56 C3 pants on last year when in a store in Europe. Fit me like a glove, including the armor (in a riding position). It really is amazing how Rukka manages to make things fit just right and feel comfortable.

BTW, 35" inseam is not that uncommon anymore in Europe. Generation X and Y and whatever they're called now are getting taller all the time. I used stand out with my 6'4" 30 years ago, now I'm almost average
Old 05-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #64
BMW_BIKER_KEITH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
TM, Has Rukka considered any option for Hi Viz in their product line?
I think its more than a trend, its a mainstay IMHO.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #65
BeachMoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
They have a few

A few Rukka jackets come with Hi-Viz panels/arms but I haven't seen an all hi-viz one.

1978 Suzuki 250TS
1982 Kawasaki GPZ 550
2007 BMW F800ST
2009 BMW R1200GS (Current)
BeachMoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #66
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Thanks BeachMoto, you just beat us to the download of the Rukka Armas in 940 safety yellow. We thinks it does the trick.
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Old 05-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #67
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKIGAI View Post

Thanks!
Actually the inseam ranges from 30.25" to 38.25" when you consider the C1 short through the C2 regular and the C3 long. Our experience has the C2 fitting most riders with the C1 ideal for heavier physiques under 5'10" (58 euro C1 being the most popular). The knee/shin armor covers quite adequately without additional adjustment.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #68
BMW_BIKER_KEITH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Thanks T Mike.

Another question on the Armas Trousers: The Rukka site shows them with Suspenders... From what I am reading, there is a "waist closure with double tightning".

1) Must Suspenders also be used? If so, are they included?

2) Are the knee pads adjustalbe in their position?

3) Is there hip AND tailbone padding?

4) How far up do the legs zip? Can I get the pants off without removing my Sidi Adventure boots?

Thank you, Keith
Old 05-16-2011, 07:42 AM   #69
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Hey Keith, Rukka provides a 2-way adjustable belt and suspenders for the Armas Trousers. This fine tunes the fit where some rider's hips or buttocks require a larger size but not necessarily in the waist area. It also helps those with rounder mid-sections to wear the trousers at their true waistline without having them slip downward. The suspenders can be easily removed. The knee armor which is actually knee/shin covers adequately without needing adjustment. No specific tailbone pad however you get the Rukka proprietary airflow CE hip armor. Lower legs unzip 12-13" to just below the SuperFabric knee overlay (grey pebbled area). Most likely you'll be taking off your boots first. Again these are meant to fit and function as riding pants not overpants and with their Outlast PCM can be worn comfortably indoors even while enduring the Denny's Grand Slam.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #70
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

How to handle the Gore Lockout Closure - in The King's English.

Unlike most jackets the Rukka Armas uses the Gore Lockout as its primary front closure. Includes a Gore Silicone Oil Marker for ready lubrication of the GLC rails.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:03 AM   #71
FrozenViking
Thawing

Oddometer: 83
Hey Mike,

Just a little observation I've made in Norway: I think around 50% of the serious riders I meet in Northern Norway wear Rukka suits. I went with the BMW Streetguard 3, because I got a great deal on one (I got it for half of what the Armas cost). There is however little doubt that in a country with demanding weather, Rukka appears to be the favorite amongst serious riders. I say serious, because there are naturally a lot of other suits as well, but the guys I see riding in all conditions, usually wear Rukka. The other brand people use is BMW. Between the two of them you have the majority of the market.
FrozenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #72
mantan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
Replacement armor for Rukka

Hi Trophy Mike,

Does Rukka sells replacement armor for its suits? After many years of good service, the armor in my Air Power suit is cracking up, suit itself (fabric, stitching etc.) is fine. Thx, Manish
mantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:51 AM   #73
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Hey Mantan, the Rukka proprietary airflow CE armor standard in all their gear is available in three distinct sets. Backpad, Jacket (shoulders/elbows), Trousers (hips/knees), $49 each.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:43 AM   #74
Terence FFM
prof. cat-herder

Oddometer: 354
pant cuff question

Hey MIke,

Will the pants of the Armas fit over adventure or even motorcross style boots? Until Rukka sees fit to upgrade the Kalahari to Goretex Pro, I am having a hard time finding something that is enduro compatible as well as all weather street appropriate.

I don't have faith in the long term weather protection of a z-liner style garment. If the manufacturers have a DWR treatment that lasts, there by preventing the refridgerator effect on the highway, then it makes the goretex liner sort of redundant or am I missing something here? Bottom line: I don't want to ride around in a jackt/pants soaked with several litres of water, even if I am theoretically "dry" underneath.

I accept the fact that I will probably sweat to death in a Goretex pro suit off road riding but I figure regardless of what you wear off road, if it's warm weather, with all the protectors or just by virtue of the strenuous activity, you're going to sweat. Sort of like riding off road and wanting to stay clean: not gonna happen.

In a nutshell: I hate being cold and wet. I can accept being hot and sweaty. I want good protection in either situation. (Geez, that sounds like my sex life...)
Old 06-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #75
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Hey Terrence,
We've seen less than a few cases where Rukka trousers couldn't be worn with a specific boot. They go over our Vendraminis just fine plus there's a zippered bottom adjustment if you ever need it. Contact us with details of any boot you're running.

Regarding the Rollaids effect (tendency of a garment to hold mucho times its weight in moisture), Rukka places its Gore-Tex laminate relatively close to its Armacor surface thereby decreasing the level of absorption. Still preferable to coated fabrics that don't breathe and loose their water repellency prematurely from friction and UV. Note also that the Armas uses Outlast PCM in its detachable lining to take away excess body heat when you're generating too much, something that can happen even on a cold day if you're active.

Trophy Mike screwed with this post 06-14-2011 at 03:16 PM