User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #76
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 795
Rukka AirPower Women's Trousers Closeout

Further price reduction on Rukka AirPower Women's Trousers orig. $599 on sale $399. Now on closeout $299. Same hot weather comfort and protection as our Rukka AirVision Trousers going for $795. Cordura AFT with knitted construction for total air flow. Removable lining with Gore-Tex waterproofing and Outlast PCM temperature regulation. Rukka proprietary air flow CE armor protects without hot spots. 5 year guarantee. Very limited availability.
Attached Images

trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #77
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

The Rukka Airob - cool to hot weather performance (55-100Fh/12-38C) no sweat

Trophy Cycle Apparel brings on the Rukka Airob Jacket for summer or anytime you need to deal with heat. Not a solid nylon with some vents that still leave you melting in any temperature over 70fh. Not a polyester mesh that can end up melting (literally) due to little or no abrasion resistance. Rukka uses Dupont AFT (Air Flow Technology) exclusively, a unique flexible Cordura so beyond breathable it's actually porous. Cooling air blasts right through it. Detachable Gore-Tex/Outlast waterproof inner shell keeps you dry without overheating or leaving you out in the cold.

Smart climate control
Outlast Adaptive Comfort - helps you maintain thermal equilibrium by using phase change materials (PCMs) that change from liquid to solid (and vice versa) reacting solely to changes in temperature. They absorb, store and recycle your body heat, taking it away when you're generating too much, returning it when you need it more. The result - Outlast reduces the rate at which you'll overheat or get cold.

Features
Dupont Cordura AFT outer jacket with 100% air flow
Detachable Gore-Tex/Outlast inner lining provides maximum waterproofing and temperature range
RVP Air Protectors CE Norm EN1621-1 - the only patented armor system with basket-weave design to spread impact better and offer total airflow
Soft neoprene collar
Width adjustment on upper and lower arm
5 pockets; 2 inside (waterproof) including cell phone, 3 outside including waterproof pouch
3M reflective material
Zips to matching Rukka AirVision trousers
5 year guarantee

The Rukka Airob will replace every jacket that doesn't work or work well enough in all cool to hot weather situations. We challenge you to find anything better. If you've been searching long and hard for near-perfect motorcycle gear -- this is it.
Attached Images

trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Old 06-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #78
R-dubb
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,764
OK Mike, I have an Airvision story for you.

Bought the full suit from you in June '07. Had to exchange the trousers for one size smaller than the jacket. You were great to work with! Rode in South America for a month the following January. I absolutely loved the suit. Pissing down rain for days at a time, no problem. Hot and muggy, no problem. Rising 20,000 feet to freezing temps, cold, but the inflatable vest did it's job. I rarely used a heated vest, cause I don't really like them. It felt good wearing that suit day after day. Feels like a million bucks. It's like Armani for bikers. It fits. It wears well and it always looks good. One small complaint,, the mesh breathes so well that the fabric flaps through a tee shirt and chaffs the nipples. Once that starts, its bad. Did I say how much I loved the suit?

So, here where it gets intersting.

I had a 70mph get-off on a very coarse surface, paved road going straight. Long story, but I locked up my beloved airhead and lost control to avoid running over my partner

Anyhow, I hit the deck hard on my backside and slid straight down the road about 100 yards or so. I had the suspenders on, but did not have the jacket zipped to the pants. Both liners in place. Pants were demolished. Worn through the ass and the liner. No road rash. No blood whatsoever. Jacket saw minimal thrashing. Not wearable, for sure, but it survived more or less in one piece. I walked away with a mild wrist fracture and some back pain. To this day, I wonder how it is that the suit was destroyed and my body was not....

No, I have not replaced it. I still wear my old Aerostitch and BMW Rally I that I've had since before the Rukka. Love to buy one, now that the new version is out. Something about karma.

R-dubb screwed with this post 06-23-2011 at 08:53 PM
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #79
BeachMoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
Mike, how is the fit on the AiRob? They look kinda "fitted". Are they slimmer cut than say the Armas jacket?

Thanks

B. M.
1978 Suzuki 250TS
1982 Kawasaki GPZ 550
2007 BMW F800ST
2009 BMW R1200GS (Current)
BeachMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #80
kennyd
kennyd

Oddometer: 231
rally stuff

kalahari allroad gobi are any of these available? pants and jackets too! thanks!
kennyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #81
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-dubb View Post
It's like Armani for bikers.
Hey Richard, glad to hear your Rukka helped keep you in one piece. Would love to use your line but people already think we're elitist.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #82
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMoto View Post
Mike, how is the fit on the AiRob? They look kinda "fitted". Are they slimmer cut than say the Armas jacket?

Thanks

B. M.
Hey BeachMoto, the Airob fits just like the Armas. Not a different or slimmer cut. While the Airob's Cordura AFT airflow fabric has a bit more give, stretch and flexibility, assume you'll be wearing it with minimal clothing.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #83
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,647
Wow, that Airob looks amazing. The armas always seemed a bit much for our often-hot climate, but it looks hard to find a nicer jacket than the Airob.

Time to start saving, I think.
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #84
BeachMoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
Thanks, Mike. I think there is an AiRob in my future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Mike View Post
Hey BeachMoto, the Airob fits just like the Armas. Not a different or slimmer cut. While the Airob's Cordura AFT airflow fabric has a bit more give, stretch and flexibility, assume you'll be wearing it with minimal clothing.
1978 Suzuki 250TS
1982 Kawasaki GPZ 550
2007 BMW F800ST
2009 BMW R1200GS (Current)
BeachMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #85
Reverse
Armchair Tough

Oddometer: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc View Post
Wow, that Airob looks amazing. The armas always seemed a bit much for our often-hot climate, but it looks hard to find a nicer jacket than the Airob.

Time to start saving, I think.
Well, the Unicorn/AirVision is slightly nicer: the liner is inflatable to provide more insulation. Other than that, as far as I can see (apart from design details), they're identical.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #86
F8 Pilot
Bak in the Sadl & Lovinit

Oddometer: 81
Hello Mike,
Was curious if you know if the Rukka replacement armor kit will fit in a BMW Trailguard Jacket and Pants. If you think it would I would be interested in buying a set.

Thank you,
Ross
Old 06-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #87
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

It would have to match up exactly (which it wouldn't) since the Rukka basket weave design is not meant to be cut up or altered to fit.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #88
F8 Pilot
Bak in the Sadl & Lovinit

Oddometer: 81
Do you have the dimensions of the armor pieces? If its smaller it should fit.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #89
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

PM sent.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #90
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
Well, the Unicorn/AirVision is slightly nicer: the liner is inflatable to provide more insulation. Other than that, as far as I can see (apart from design details), they're identical.
The Unicorn/Airvision are NLA, correct?

I did read some folks that felt the inflatable air chambers were unnecessarily bulky. Never tried one in the flesh so I can't say from personal experience, but it seems a little futzy in concept.

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote