Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #91
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 795
Correct CD. Gore no longer produces AirVantage inflatable insulation but it worked just fine in the original Rukka AirVision jacket. The new Airob is identical save for this one feature, and it's cheaper.
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #92
R-dubb
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,764
Order in for AiRob
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #93
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,656
Sweet. Gonna order one. Maybe as a Xmas present to ME...

Do they come in tall/long sizes? I often have a problem with sleeves and torsos being a little bit too short on regular length jackets.

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #94
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Hey Doc, jackets are proportional in length to their size, the trousers however come in 3 lengths. Send us your specs top to bottom, height/weight and we'll give you the full reco. Happy Canada Day!
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Old 06-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #95
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-dubb View Post
Order in for AiRob
Much appreciated, karmically-speaking.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #96
kennyd
kennyd

Oddometer: 231
rally gear

can you order any of the off road / rally style gear? do they still make the all-road? kalahari? and gobi? thanks!
kennyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #97
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Mike View Post
Hey Doc, jackets are proportional in length to their size, the trousers however come in 3 lengths. Send us your specs top to bottom, height/weight and we'll give you the full reco. Happy Canada Day!
Mike,

I just got back from the BMW MOA rally and tried on a Rukka AiRoad (IIRC) there. I was told it was the same as an Airob except for a longer cut and front pockets. Is this the case?

At any rate, it was insanely, ridiculously nice. The regular size 56 fit me like a glove and there was more than enough length in the arms, which was surprising.

Would appreciate any insight on Airoad vs. Airob.

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #98
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Airoad and Airob are essentially the same thing. The industry's only Cordura AFT with total airflow and Gore-Tex/Outlast lining. The Airoad outer jacket and trousers have cargo type pockets which add a bit of bulk compared to the more wind-cheating Airob/Airvision design. Our pick has been the Airob since it handles both moderate and high speed travel with aplomb.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #99
theborv
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
TFL Cool Black system.
Why are some Armas with TFL Cool Black and others without? Can't find any info why.

It also seems that the ones with TFL Cool Black has the magnetic collar closure, and the ones without TFL Cool has velcro.

I assume one is a later/newer/updated model than the other, so which one is it?

theborv screwed with this post 08-05-2011 at 12:16 PM
theborv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #100
claudeedeb
n00b

Oddometer: 1
TFL or not

HI ,
Who knows about this difference TFL or not ,magnetic collar sytem or velcro ?
i am about to buy an armas jacket and i can't find which one is the latest model .
thanks
claudeedeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #101
hobbit123
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
My recently purchased Armas jacket has velcro for the neck flap and the cooling black material.
hobbit123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #102
R-dubb
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,764
Just got back from a long weekend with my brand new Airob/AirVision suit. Thought I would write a quick review since the ride involved just about every conceivable riding condition.

First off, the suit feels and looks great. Fits like a glove. I'm 5-10, 175 lbs, 34" waist, 31" inseam, size 44 coat. I bought the 54 jacket / 52 regular length pant combination. The waist and chest are both comfortable and leave just enough room for a sweater or vest underneath with liners in place. I will say I find the crotch and thighs to be slighly tighter than I would like due to the "Euro" fit. I also think the pant length is a tad long, but would not want 2 inches shorter. The boot lining tends to bunch up and come out the bottom when you put the pants on, but easily tucks back into place with a little fiddling. It does require one more adjustment as you put on the boots. I wear bulky, high cut motocross style boots and tuck the trousers in. Tighter boots would fit under the pants, no problem.

Left the Bay Area mid afternoon, Sierra bound, in a cool fog on my KTM 690. I knew the Central Valley would be very warm so no liners. It was chilly going across the bridge, but the dense mesh texture did not allow cool air to rush through the garment. It ventilates more softly that the previous model I owned a few years back. I was very comfortable as the temp went up to about 90 degrees an hour into the ride. I will say the all black color allows heat to quickly collect when stopped in bright sun. Once moving at about 35 mph air moves through and you cool down again. Overall, excellent marks for hot weather, although 95 will be a more challenging test.

Next day we rode over Carson Pass and then spent a few hours on dirt roads through the Nevada desert. It wasn't super hot, so I easily stayed comfortable at any speed. The suit is light weight and allows full movement on the dirt bike without binding. While seated, I don't find the tight crotch to be annoying, but when walking it does tend to bind slightly. I even went for a three mile hike and was very comfortable as long as I loosened the suspenders to keep the pants from riding up. As it got cool late in the day, I quickly put the jacket liner on without zipping it in or attaching the sleeve buttons. Took no time and worked just fine to warm the upper body. One feature I do not like is the magnetic neck clossure. It's too hard to get everything folded perfectly, requiring perfect alignment for the clossure strip to stick and stay stuck. Also, there is no hold open feature when you want the front zipper cracked open.

Morning of the ride home was cool and overcast so I fully installed both the pant and jacket liners. The zippers all work just fine. Sleeves have color coded buttons and loops, making orientation easy. The tousers do not, so twisting the pant liner on the way in is possible. At around Mono Lake on 395, we got hit with a huge thunder storm. No leaks! We rode two hours from Mono Lake to Sonora in steady and at times heavy rain. There was even some slushy snow on road at the 9000 foot pass. I stayed fairly warm and basically dry (my gloves and boots aren't waterproof!). Only a long cotton shirt under the jacket. Crotch moisture did seep through after the first hour of hard rain, but it was only dampness though the Goretex, not a leak. My boots did not fill with water, but the socks were very wet. Oh, the waterproof pockets; they're not waterproof! Billfold got quite damp, not completely soaked mind you, but very damp.

As we approached the Central Valley, again temps rose to around 80 degrees. We were pushing to keep moving so I left both liners in place. It got a little steamy in the heat, but only for about an hour. As we got into the Bay Area, it was again cool and appreciated the comfort and wind blocking function of the liners. Nice range from 40 to 80 degrees, wet and dry again. Never too cold, not overly hot even with the liners.

I'm very pleased! A few issues, but certainly nothing that would change my decision.

R-dubb screwed with this post 09-11-2011 at 11:14 PM
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #103
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenViking View Post
Hello Mike,

Are you familiar to the test they talk about in this thread? Why does the Armax come out so poorly compared to BMW and Halvarssons? Do you know if any recent tests show how the Armas performs?
Quote:
Over time you'll see multiple comparisons where any one of the same participants come out ahead in one area or another in the lab. We put our faith in the real world experiences of our clients and other riders who put this gear to the test daily.
Mike, I don't think that really answers the question. Is there another comparison we could reference that would help in this regard? The only info i am finding is that the armor meets the requirements of CE Norm EN 1621-1 . Is there any more info on the armor available somewhere?

thanks,
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #104
Reverse
Armchair Tough

Oddometer: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinc2 View Post
Mike, I don't think that really answers the question. Is there another comparison we could reference that would help in this regard? The only info i am finding is that the armor meets the requirements of CE Norm EN 1621-1 . Is there any more info on the armor available somewhere?

thanks,
That test is four years old, for a type that's no longer available.

Rukka's website has some links to independent tests, although nothing specific on armor I believe.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #105
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinc2 View Post

thanks,
This might help.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote