ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #1696
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosgsr View Post
i was planning on riding today but the rain just wont stop. Its even too muddy in the yard to work on the endurocross track. I have been planning to take out the turn track and put in the tire wall and matrix. I have collected the tractor tires and large logs. I have a design in mind but the snow had been keeping me from working on it now the mud!
From web
I would like to help build too. Unlike the other volunteers I will not be riding it. Just looking at tractor tires, logs, Carl's Dinner makes my ACL/PCL/lateral menisci hurt.
papa_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #1697
zeroblah
Snot nosed kid

Oddometer: 317
Damn smart people. How am I supposed to enjoy this thread when I can understand your big words!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #1698
ballistic_ken
Aaarrrrgh!

Oddometer: 5,177
Getting optimistic, ordered tires.

The Duke abides!
ballistic_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #1699
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
I am!

P.S. that Vx guy is a dick don't listen to him.
Hypothesis != true. While there was hero dirt around it was in limited qualities.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #1700
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappa_j View Post
Hypothesis != true. While there was hero dirt around it was in limited qualities.
It was a little moist, still prime conditions!

Okay maybe it was a little muddy.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #1701
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
It was a little moist, still prime conditions!

Okay maybe it was a little muddy.
Yeah. It was pretty sweet. I see that you got the Hyde Guard fitted. I like the hand guard mounts, it will keep them from rolling when you use them on the ground.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #1702
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah. It was pretty sweet. I see that you got the Hyde Guard fitted. I like the hand guard mounts, it will keep them from rolling when you use them on the ground.
Inmate Antipaul makes them. Highway Dirt Bikes is the brand, they are spendy but worth every penny.

Notice the back half the hyde gaurd is missing. I'm going to cut some more off of it this week to make cleaning easier and to smooth up the lines.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #1703
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Glade Run Anti-defamation League

Glade Run Anti-defamation League (repeat of the title because the people who view the forum on Tapatalk don't see titles).

This was my second trip in two weeks out to the Glade. The truth of the matter is that I have been too lazy to trailer the bike to anywhere else. Combine that with the fact that there is a state senate bill (SB 201) which could potentially allow for us to ride street legal dirt bikes on the road (Moab Style) I figure that I might be riding the Glade more often. It was still a bit too muddy with slick heavy clay to ride fast and since I was unable to sync up with anyone I figured I would go out looking for new single track.

The plan was to kick off my "Make the Glade More Epic 2013 Campaign" by poking around the east Glade west of Hood Mesa. There are a bunch of people who ride dirt bikes in this area so I figured there must be a a bit of single track. I was hoping to find a good way to make a big loop. This was to be the first step in a more grand plan to identify three or four fun desert single track loops from 40-50 miles long within 30 minutes of Farmington. The grand plan being having these loop well characterized so when people come to visit we can easily refer them to or lead them around some great trails.

I decided to take a look east of Montoya's grazing land and lucky rode across a trail without having to look too hard. Because of the clay I wasn't able to follow it completely but it looks like it will be a great way to get back to the west side of the Glade from the hood Mesa area. I will upload video from it this weekend.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #1704
DADODIRT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,309
Thanks for the update, Jude.
I'd like to see the 'loop'. I was close to getting that 50 mile loop figured out last year. Just seems like some fences in the middle that make you have to work your way back north?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #1705
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADODIRT View Post
Thanks for the update, Jude.
I'd like to see the 'loop'. I was close to getting that 50 mile loop figured out last year. Just seems like some fences in the middle that make you have to work your way back north?
This goes around those fences on the way back north. Also cuts a lot of the whooped up road apple course.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #1706
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
This goes around those fences on the way back north. Also cuts a lot of the whooped up road apple course.
I know a few big loops in there, but haven't ridden the glade with the frequency i used to in a few years. Once things dry out there I might give pinon mesa a bit of a rest as the gasser likes whoops much more than the husky did.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #1707
taosgsr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 399
Started work on the track on Monday. Its still a muddy mess but it makes life a little easier on the massive 24 horse power Massey Furgason tractor. Ill be out there this after noon again, maybe ill get some pics up. For all of you that have voulenteered to help.... Dont worry there is gonna be a ton of good-old-fashioned shovel work to get this thing into shape! . Im setting the tires, logs, steps and moving dirt to build berms right now but the MF isn't the best piece of equipment for the berms. I have to use shovels and hand tools to smooth the berms. The logs will not be tacked down until we can get a few riders to try em out and gather beta. If your bored, want to help or see the progress give me a call eight oh one 7 three 4 seven.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #1708
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosgsr View Post
Started work on the track on Monday. Its still a muddy mess but it makes life a little easier on the massive 24 horse power Massey Furgason tractor. Ill be out there this after noon again, maybe ill get some pics up. For all of you that have voulenteered to help.... Dont worry there is gonna be a ton of good-old-fashioned shovel work to get this thing into shape! . Im setting the tires, logs, steps and moving dirt to build berms right now but the MF isn't the best piece of equipment for the berms. I have to use shovels and hand tools to smooth the berms. The logs will not be tacked down until we can get a few riders to try em out and gather beta. If your bored, want to help or see the progress give me a call eight oh one 7 three 4 seven.
Have McCloud and Shovel, will travel will work for berms.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #1709
taosgsr
Gnarly Adventurer

I got some progress done today. Most of the track is now roughed in.
From web

Looking down the hill into turn one.
From web

out of turn one into the Matrix.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #1710
taosgsr
Gnarly Adventurer

out of the matrix looking at what will be a bermed turn
From web

Looking out of the berm to the small gap jump
From web