ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #2401
ballistic_ken
Aaarrrrgh!

Oddometer: 5,202
Anyone up for a trip to Silverton this weekend? Camp & ride?

The Duke abides!
ballistic_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #2402
Burro driver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
I'm thinking I might be working Saturday. But might meet you on Sunday if you go.
Burro driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #2403
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burro driver View Post
I'm thinking I might be working Saturday. But might meet you on Sunday if you go.

If you are looking to ride the single track up in silverton. Jon Carmak from Handlebar motorsports is hosting a ride in September. I rode this either last year or two years prior and it was pretty fun. Over the single track. Lunch in lake City. Back over the passes. Sweet Sweet ride.
papa_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #2404
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Where are we riding this weekend?
Old 08-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #2405
Little_Buddy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_j View Post
Where are we riding this weekend?
Nice to see you out there today Jude, sorry I wasn't on two wheels!!

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."
Little_Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #2406
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

2t versus 4t

Old 08-22-2014, 09:04 PM   #2407
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Ten am at safety city. Class b single track unless it gets too slick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2014, 10:31 PM   #2408
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Oddometer: 1,714
The Results are in

My get off during the San Juan Trail Riders Echo basin ride completely destroyed my ACL in my right knee and will have to be repaired with surgery and due to all the other shit gone wrong in my life recently I am gonna have to quit riding dirt and sell the WR250 , I just dont see any other way really and its basically the only thing I still own after the divorce.
Brainless_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #2409
Ditch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
Put an off road side car on it!
Sucky news Brett, now buy a lotto ticket and win, it's your turn.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #2410
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Where are we riding this weekend? Going to switch back to Sunday because of soccer season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #2411
enigma2y0u
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Greetings,

I have lived in Aztec for 5 years (wife, one offspring). Historically I have rode by myself, but would like to start going in a group. My wife and I are looking for new/additional friends.

I used to do rock crawling a lot, but have fell out of that a bit and decided to ride more so I sold my KLR and am awaiting a KTM EXC to come in (hopefully first week in Oct.).

Anyway, I would like to start going with others and meeting some people. Is there an official list/group/membership or something I can get on to start joining or is this thread the official notice?

Thanks,

Luke
enigma2y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #2412
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma2y0u View Post
Greetings,

I have lived in Aztec for 5 years (wife, one offspring). Historically I have rode by myself, but would like to start going in a group. My wife and I are looking for new/additional friends.

I used to do rock crawling a lot, but have fell out of that a bit and decided to ride more so I sold my KLR and am awaiting a KTM EXC to come in (hopefully first week in Oct.).

Anyway, I would like to start going with others and meeting some people. Is there an official list/group/membership or something I can get on to start joining or is this thread the official notice?

Thanks,

Luke
Welcome to the forum!

As you can see by the thread I try to announce where I am riding so people can join up if they see fit to do so or announce that I am interested in riding so if people want to ride somewhere different they have the opportunity to pick the place and time. If I cannot coordinate a ride via the list then I usually end up coordinating a ride via telephone or text messages. Unfortunately I haven’t found a better or different way to try and coordinate rides.

I usually ride once a weekend. I was riding Saturdays during the summer but now that soccer season has started I have switched to Sundays.

I got out for a 40 mile loop through the Glade today and took a trail that I hadn’t ridden for about three years. The trail was a blast. I had forgot how fun the trail was. About a quarter way through the loop I found tree that was blown over and took advantage of the situation to practice my log crossing techniques. Unfortunately, unless end over end qualifies as a log crossing technique, I have no technique. After a couple of failed attempts to fineness my way over the wee baby log with a trials type “double blip” (a technique you can only perform if you have reasonable clutch control which I don’t have) I decided just to smash into the fucker and then “play it where it lands”. Well, it turns out that smashing into the log was probably an ok way to deal with the wee baby log. After a couple of successful crossings I moved on feeling like a shorter, fatter, less talented David Knight. Truthfully I was just happy I didn’t break anything since I was riding solo.

Well, congratulations on the new bike and post up if/when/where you want to ride.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:55 AM   #2413
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,557
Are you guys in NM getting this rain? Desert conditions are probably going to be epic the next couple of days. It's been waking me up at night it's so intense.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #2414
enigma2y0u
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Sounds nice papa_j. I will definitely plan on posting in this thread as soon as my bike gets in. Do you guys typically ride dual sport or truck your bikes?
enigma2y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:03 AM   #2415
taosgsr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
Luke? You wouldn't have been in a really fun (not) class last Thursday? Wondering if we work together?
I am one of the oddballs here I do not ride much on weekends. I am a weekday rider and don't mind driving about anywhere for good conditions and terrain.