ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #16
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Oddometer: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappa_j View Post
I have wondered that also. If you go straight down the glade road you run into a closed yellow fence (documented in my four picture ride report). You can take the double track around the gate to the right (looking north) but that ends at a fence that has been stomped down. The trail past the stomped down fence looks well traveled. If you continue on the double track you eventually cross the mountain bike trail, Kinsey's Ridge Trail. If you turn off the Glade earlier and head west you will eventually hit a trail that parallels the high voltage wires. This leads back to area blocked by the fence. You do have to cross fences but there are no gates. If you continue you will pop out on the other side of the fence without having to open a gate. I don't know. If you look at the BLM map it is listed as private property.
That fence is Montoyas grazing area and supposedly there are cameras that take pics of you if you get in his fence.
Brainless_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #17
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Oddometer: 1,713
I myself wouldnt get anywhere near Ute land !

I even got suprised by JJ the BLM ranger this past weekend dont have any idea where he had been but I am still confused by the direction he came from. I am legal on all my machines so no big deal but he did tell me that the 1/4 area out northeast of Farmington lake has now been outlawed and the game wardens have been out there writing some hefty tickets
Brainless_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 AM   #18
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Oddometer: 10,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless_1 View Post
I myself wouldnt get anywhere near Ute land !

I even got suprised by JJ the BLM ranger this past weekend dont have any idea where he had been but I am still confused by the direction he came from. I am legal on all my machines so no big deal but he did tell me that the 1/4 area out northeast of Farmington lake has now been outlawed and the game wardens have been out there writing some hefty tickets
when did this shit happen?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #19
DADODIRT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,249
papa j-
I've been exploring the Glade Park area the past couple weekends. Won't be going this weekend. Sunday mornings sound good, though.
Maybe the 17th?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #20
ballistic_ken
Aaarrrrgh!

Oddometer: 5,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by merickk View Post
when did this shit happen?
+ 1. Isn't that where we were riding last weekend? There were 5+ other rides out there plus our 3.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #21
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballistic_ken View Post
+ 1. Isn't that where we were riding last weekend? There were 5+ other rides out there plus our 3.
guess thats what you guys said it was called. I don't know the names of things just generally where they are. Though I didn't see any signs posted anywhere I rode off too. From there to the lake and that general area.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #22
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless_1 View Post
I am able to ride again and I have been every weekend usually up around Pinion mesa area,however this weekend I wont be able to go out.

If everything goes as planned I will be able to put some hours on the motorcycle this weekend. I have started going to church on Saturday nights so I can have more time to ride on Sunday.
papa_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #23
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADODIRT View Post
papa j-
I've been exploring the Glade Park area the past couple weekends. Won't be going this weekend. Sunday mornings sound good, though.
Maybe the 17th?

I am in for the 17th. I will try to search the net for a good way to coordinate rides. I was in ATV World and Dave said he was considering putting up a white board that will list people going out on the weekend.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #24
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADODIRT View Post
papa j-
Maybe the 17th?

Since some of you have demonstrated an interest in joining me for a ride or leading me around the hills; I thought I would post a bit about my riding style.

Well, single track scares me and I hate riding in any loose sand. Just kidding. I haven’t ridden with anyone for the last twenty years so it is kind of hard to gauge what my skill level is. As an example I just finished a ride that was 31 miles long around the glade and Farmington lake area with a rolling average of 25mph (probably 20mph after accounting for road). My wash speed is probably 20 miles per hour. I’ll dump the bike once a ride and I follow faster than I can lead. I won’t win the Baja 1000 and if there is air under both tires at the same time I have made a mistake. I ride to the trail so my motorcycle has one mirror and lights. My top speed on dirt has been 65 miles per hour but then I almost shat on myself because I couldn't shut it down fast enough for a corner.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #25
zeroblah
Snot nosed kid

Oddometer: 316
Woohoo, sounds like my kinda riding, I work 7 days on 3 off 7 on 4 off, if that makes any sense, I get at least one 4 day weekend a month. Right now I'm out on canyon largo, it is peaking my interest, anyone been out here on a bike? I have a four day weekend the last weekend of this monthn and next week I have tues wed and thur off, although I'm only going to take one of them off. I hope one day will be on a day to go riding with someone
Old 04-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #26
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Quote:
I am in for the 17th. I will try to search the net for a good way to coordinate rides. I was in ATV World and Dave said he was considering putting up a white board that will list people going out on the weekend.
Coordinating rides...that there is already taken care of, see here http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php

Old 04-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #27
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merickk View Post
Coordinating rides...that there is already taken care of, see here http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php

That might work. I was thinking from Monday to Wednesday we should solicit ride suggestions. On thursday I can put together a poll so we can vote on the ride suggestions. Come sunday the ride suggestion with the most votes win, we all show up at the trail head, and haul ass around the desert. Hopefully the democratic process will provide for a lot of variation in ride spots, an easy way to introduce new people to different areas, and gather the greatest number of riders (if a bunch of people show up then we could split into fast and slow groups). I tie results in a coin flip.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #28
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

what is the plan for tomorrow?

If everything goes well I should have my motorcycle back from the shop today (fingers crossed). If I do get the bike back today I will be going for a ride tomorrow. Is any one up for riding tomorrow, if I get my scoot back?
Old 04-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #29
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Bluhduh

Quote:
If everything goes well I should have my motorcycle back from the shop today (fingers crossed). If I do get the bike back today I will be going for a ride tomorrow. Is any one up for riding tomorrow, if I get my scoot back?
Oh well. I am SOL. Looks like I might be mountain biking tomorrow. The parts for my motorcycle weren't in town.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #30
zeroblah
Snot nosed kid

Oddometer: 316
Wicked

My front wheel bearing decided to take a crap on me Friday. So instead of just replacing the front and rear wheel bearings, i have torn the WHOLE thing down to fix all the little things that annoy the crap outta me, like the wiring, tires, bent handle bars, crappy "computer", the really hard starting, headlight, other electrical bugs, possibly new plastics, all in a partridge tree. I will also be getting the rear shock rebuilt. hey pappa_j, where did you take your bike to get worked on? I will be putting up a build thread, hopefully the bike should be ridable before the last weekend of the month, so i can at least ride then. If i need a quick fix i can still ride my Dr350, but unfortunatly i cant ride it on the black stuff.