Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #61
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
We slept in the following day, that is to say, we were not kickstands up with sunup. San Fransisquito the following morning.

The morning was spent cleaning up, working on the piggy, and refueling ourselves and the bikes.

New Pilot/idle jet, air filter cleaned. We burnt out of the resort at about 11AM, but within 1/2 a mile, I realized that although I can easily start the bike, and she idles well, I have seriously bad throttle bog.

Back to the resort. Change main jet under the shade of a tree. Now she runs like the proverbial raped ape.

I am still feeling the effects of the night before, so all I remember is riding a boneyard section of SCORE (a pinch-flat waiting to happen) for miles and miles. Some more washes, I think...damn I am completely brain addled this day. I am well-hydrated, but the piggy is shackling my buzz.

These pictures were taken some time that day, but I can't remember where or when, or what was happening.

We finally stop for lunch in some village. Coke in a bottle and Tacos Pescados...all the sudden my brain clears up again. Hmmm calories are good I guess.

We use the village to retock on some items. I find a Bazaar and buy a pair of used Tevas for 50 pesos (my flip-flops were lost on day 1).

It's getting late so we slab toward San Ignacio. The piggy is running like shit again. I am running cleanup, and I just watch Ryman and Erock become smaller and smaller dots in the distance. Ryman has all the tools (I agreed to carry the first aid kit).

I find the only tree on this stretch of road, pull over, and change main jets (again) with improper tools.

As I am finishing, Ryman and Estart come back. I am a bit bitchy with them, and feel regretful about it.

We make it San Ignacio where a Chica Bellissima flirts with me at the grocery store. It's amazing how a well-timed flirt can absolutely change your perspective. I resolve to calorie load that night - fruits, nuts, carbs, potassium, vitamins, agua, and a hot shower.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #62
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post
I don't know any of you, but you guys are my heroes... Thanks for sharing, I want to go back to Baja... and NOW!

You probably know more of us than you think, Greg!!
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #63
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,794
This is great Hick - gotta get down there this year, you guys are having all the fun!

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #64
Ryman OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 806
Another Day

After leaving San Francisquito late we hit the road again. Another excellent day of riding. The road between SF and El Arco was super smooth and fun. High speed two track with just a couple inches of white sand making the trail soft like riding through a milk shake.

The farther south we go the the more prickly and poky things get. It seems everything is designed to hurt you.

See the face over hicks right sholder?? Another bovine with his eyes on the hick. (Can somebody say front page??)

This section was very cool. More milkshake sand on a perfectly straight line for about 30 miles. Doing about 60 in my tallest gear and feeling great. On either side of the trail is total death if you are to blow it.

Erock having fun.

We get to San Ignatio in plenty of time to find a cool camp on the water. That's correct.....water. In the middle of the driest wasteland ever....... an oasis. Palm trees, ducks, frogs, birds, fish. Crazy.

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #65
Ryman OP
Studly Adventurer

San Ignacio Spiders

We get to San Ignacio in time to find a cool camp. We cruise around town and get fuel, food, evening supplies. Life is good and I'm hitting that three day mellow that I always wait for when on vacation. Hick is excited about his new girlfriend at the supermercado. We chill and watch the afternoon turn into evening by the water.

On several trips to the outdoor urinal I notice several HUGE beady eyed arachnids. At first I think it's cool, but as the light dissapears I notice that my LED light is making their eyes light up, exposing the little bastards. They are everywhere. Hundreds of them. I point out the situation to hick and E and they don't show any concern. They fall asleep and I sit on my tarp watching their numbers increase. I normally don't have any problem with wild animals, but these little fuckers were bugging me.........bad. What kind of spiders are they?? Are they poisonous?? Are they aggressive??

F u spiders..........we are not a midnight snack!

I get my bivy sack out and zip myself up in a cocoon and try to sleep, waking up dozens of times in a twitchy panic caused my my insane lapse of arachnophobia. I am glad when the sun comes up and I'm not expected to sleep any more. Lets Ride!

Utards in Baja

Ryman screwed with this post 04-12-2011 at 08:12 PM
Old 04-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #66
Greg@RME
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostre View Post
You probably know more of us than you think, Greg!!
I don't know... I'm still trying to figure out who the hell you are!
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #67
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
We get to San Ignacio in time to find a cool camp. We cruise around town and get fuel, food, evening supplies. Life is good and I'm hitting that three day mellow that I always wait for when on vacation. Hick is excited about his new girlfriend at the supermercado. We chill and watch the afternoon turn into evening by the water.

On several trips to the outdoor urinal I notice several HUGE beady eyed arachnids. At first I think it's cool, but as the light dissapears I notice that my LED light is making their eyes light up, exposing the little bastards. They are everywhere. Hundreds of them. I point out the situation to hick and E and they don't show any concern. They fall asleep and I sit on my tarp watching their numbers increase. I normally don't have any problem with wild animals, but these little fuckers were bugging me.........bad. What kind of spiders are they?? Are they poisonous?? Are they aggressive??

F u spiders..........we are not a midnight snack!

I get my bivy sack out and zip myself up in a cocoon and try to sleep, waking up dozens of times in a twitchy panic caused my my insane lapse of arachnophobia. I am glad when the sun comes up and I'm not expected to sleep any more. Lets Ride!

So, I am trying to figure out where you camped to find these arachanoidz. Was it the campground on the right after you cross the bridge going into town?

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #68
Ryman OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
So, I am trying to figure out where you camped to find these arachanoidz. Was it the campground on the right after you cross the bridge going into town?
Camp Spiderville.

Utards in Baja
Old 04-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #69
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Quote:

Damn, I totally forgot about "The Guantlet" run.

Tallest gear you have knowing full well that if you make a mistake, you are sure to get prison sexed by at least 4 species of cacti.

Isn't this where Erock had a spine go all the way through his brush guard?
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

Old 04-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #70
Ryman OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post

Isn't this where Erock had a spine go all the way through his brush guard?
Death Waits.

Utards in Baja
Old 04-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #71
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Quote:

I do remember this bad boy. I had to pull it out with a set of pliers - it was impervious to mere mortal hands.

By the way, this was in the general area of The Rockman trail. We now know where it is, and we didn't even need the soopah kool bra handshake.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

Old 04-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #72
Ryman OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post

By the way, this was in the general area of The Rockman trail. We now know where it is, and we didn't even need the soopah kool bra handshake.
I nuked my reply to this cuz it was mean and crass and lame and sarcastic and too true to be funny. :)

Utards in Baja

Ryman screwed with this post 04-12-2011 at 09:42 PM
Old 04-13-2011, 05:39 AM   #73
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
I nuked my reply to this cuz it was mean and crass and lame and sarcastic and too true to be funny. :)
Pussy.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #74
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,876
Quote:
Death Waits.
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #75
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Quote:
Yeah, I chose restraint of pen and tongue as well. Didn't want to start an interstate civil war.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah