Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #106
pjm204
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,823
Oh and learn from my mistake and remember to zipper these pass through openings back up or your pants will get wet in the rain and you'll have a nice draft in the winter. Somehow I still manage to leave them open from time to time.
pjm204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #107
bluepoof
insert pithy saying here

Oddometer: 437
Thank you both for the info!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #108
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,720
We are now accepting orders for this suit. Just give us a call at 888-808-8349 is you have any questions.

teizms screwed with this post 05-27-2011 at 08:34 AM
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #109
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
Wayne's photos and website really do suck, lol.
But, his gear does fit women. It's semi-custom to fit. By semi-custom I mean that he takes about 10 measurements and then tweaks a pre-cut piece of gear. If it was really custom he would need a lot more measurements.
Anyways, looking at his facebook page his gear seems to fit the smiling women in the photos. It is probably more bulky compared to the Teiz suits because of the quad armor, so I guess you have a point there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
Motoport also makes a good product but it (apparently) fits like this.. not quite what we are going for..
The new Teiz suit for women looks good. It reminds me of some anime characters.

inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #110
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
Wayne's photos and website really do suck, lol.
But, his gear does fit women. It's semi-custom to fit. By semi-custom I mean that he takes about 10 measurements and then tweaks a pre-cut piece of gear. If it was really custom he would need a lot more measurements.
Anyways, looking at his facebook page his gear seems to fit the smiling women in the photos. It is probably more bulky compared to the Teiz suits because of the quad armor, so I guess you have a point there.

The new Teiz suit for women looks good. It reminds me of some anime characters.
No doubt they make a good product. i was just having a lil fun at the expense of that picture :) Just want to point out that quad armor is a near $400 option for them.. But anyway...

back to Revolution...

let us know if you guys need any help with the measurements.. teizgirl can even video conference with you guys to help you out...
Old 05-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #111
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Post copied from st.net:

Original post:
I was hoping for something similar in price to your men's suit. If I were in the market for a custom suit, I'd consider this - but like I said from the beginning, I'm not looking for a custom suit. I'd like a reasonably priced, waterproof one-piece suit (that's a good niche in the market - one your men's suits fit well).

Tourmaster makes women's pants for $137 that fit great. I already have those and a jacket. I'd like one piece, but it's not worthwhile to spend four times as much for a one-piece as my current two-piece waterproof cost.

You make a women's suit the same as mens. You get a general proportion that will approximately fit most women. You then extrapolate that proportion to extend to a range of women's sizes. That's what I'm looking for right now, not a custom suit for almost $1k.

Teiz reply:

Sadly that idea wont work here. Even with 2 piece stuff that is a problem, forget about 1 piece suit.. there would too many variations. consider this:

For men, we already have 11 standard sizes. Almost every day we get an email asking us to introduce short sizes. Lets say, we add 4 short sizes, 4XL-Short, 3XL-Short, 2XL-Shortl, XL-Short. Thats 15 sizes.

Imagine we (or even a dealer) has to stock 15 suits just for reference. Not even getting to color variations. What if still you would rather have sleeves another inch longer/shorter.. With women, the size variations would be greater.

There is a reason why companies much much much larger than us with exponentially more capital at hand would not delve in to such a venture. They barely are able to justify financials for 2 piece women garments. As a result .. there is a lack of gear in shops.. and women complain... We already know that the market for this stuff is limited.. yet we are offering this gear not so that it can be a cash cow but just so that we can do something for the women in motorcycling... The effort should be supported to make a case for this sort of gear, so it can show up more and more in stores near you..... As the volumes go up, costs will come down....

I know that to some the price may seem high... but... if you don't support the Revolution suit (or similar products from any brand), then how do you expect change in the industry.. How will any company be convinced that women are serious about this stuff, we need to give them serious gear with some mature choices...

Undoubtedly, there are women riders out there who understand this and have expressed great support. For those who need/want something like this, Revolution is the only choice. For the rest, there may be black / pink choices that "will approximately fit ". A standard size women's 1 piece suit is something that I simply can not envision... unless a big (loaded) brand decides to "sink" a lot of cash into this.. and nobody likes to lose money right.....

So yes the price may be higher than what you expected... or initially wanted to spend.... but i urge you all to reconsider all aspects of the matter.. the color choice, the exact fit, the upgraded armor and materials... and most importantly: support this so more products like it are introduced...

Lastly, please stop comparing it to our mens suit. We are going to be introducing a mens suit with similar specs very soon. the price will be similar to the Revolution..
Old 05-30-2011, 05:36 AM   #112
butterflymethane
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Dear Teiz Motorsports,

Thank you so much for taking the time to consider women's needs in the motorcycling world. When it comes to one piece suits, there is definitely a severe draught for selection, customization and customer service to the general, women's population.

You've pulled through in providing a marketable opportunity for not just yourself, but for women. It is true, what you have said about "big companies not wanting to sink money into women's gear" and you are spot on with your reason.

I appreciate how you've selected quality materials to put into this custom suit and haven't apparently seem to skimp on the quantity of the material nor then stitching. Many times, women's gear (and I am sure to keep costs down due to women's gear being a money pit and thus deemed failed venture by the manufacturers) tends to have thinner material or less of the quality material and often interwoven with poorer material.

A custom suit will always fit better than a generic suit off the rack. Women's body proportions vary immensely and I am pleased to see that "off the rack" I will be able to have a suit that will fit "me".

As some previous posters have noted, sussing out a higher end suit that is on par with your apparent quality, brings the price difference down.

Thanks again for putting such great effort and positive enthusiasm into helping the women riders out here by providing us with a suit specifically made for us. Looking forward to being able to order up your Revolution suit soon!
butterflymethane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #113
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflymethane View Post
Dear Teiz Motorsports,

Thank you so much for taking the time to consider women's needs in the motorcycling world. When it comes to one piece suits, there is definitely a severe draught for selection, customization and customer service to the general, women's population.

You've pulled through in providing a marketable opportunity for not just yourself, but for women. It is true, what you have said about "big companies not wanting to sink money into women's gear" and you are spot on with your reason.

I appreciate how you've selected quality materials to put into this custom suit and haven't apparently seem to skimp on the quantity of the material nor then stitching. Many times, women's gear (and I am sure to keep costs down due to women's gear being a money pit and thus deemed failed venture by the manufacturers) tends to have thinner material or less of the quality material and often interwoven with poorer material.

A custom suit will always fit better than a generic suit off the rack. Women's body proportions vary immensely and I am pleased to see that "off the rack" I will be able to have a suit that will fit "me".

As some previous posters have noted, sussing out a higher end suit that is on par with your apparent quality, brings the price difference down.

Thanks again for putting such great effort and positive enthusiasm into helping the women riders out here by providing us with a suit specifically made for us. Looking forward to being able to order up your Revolution suit soon!

You are most welcome!!!

let us know if you have any questions!
Old 06-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #114
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

We have started work on our first set of orders for the Revolution suit. Get your orders in ASAP if you want to be part of that shipment.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:37 AM   #115
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2012

Oddometer: 776
Why I haven't ordered...

The suit looks great and is something that I have wanted in gear since I started riding 5 years ago. I wasn't expecting this to be that much different from the Men's offerings so the initial price was a shock.

Your logic is sound... women vary a lot and a smaller market but I have been bit by the "custom made" in this industry way too often. A competitor recently mentioned promised custom made... it was off the rack, marked up by the customer, returned, still didn't work but was now my fault for how I marked it... that left a sour taste in my mouth. I tried custom one piece suit off e-bay... but that wasn't quite right, didn't quite fit and would cost a tremendous amount to send back to Pakistan for alternations (although I bought it from a "NY" firm). I also tried buying custom suits from a Thailand tailor who did do the measuring... all of these things have been total failures for me which represent monetary losses with nothing to show for it.

I would order the suit tomorrow if you measured me, fitted me, and I picked up the final product from you. I'm just leary about giving anybody measurements taken from a non-tailor and expecting it to be right.

Maybe I should plan a road trip to Austin?

I really want this suit to succeed; I've just been bit by the custom tailor thing three times now.

Good Luck... I'll be watching.

Lisa
Old 06-06-2011, 04:48 AM   #116
DantesDame
Ridin' Fool

Oddometer: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny_Taggart View Post
I would order the suit tomorrow if you measured me, fitted me, and I picked up the final product from you. I'm just leary about giving anybody measurements taken from a non-tailor and expecting it to be right.
Lisa

When I ordered my stitch I went to a local seamstress whom I had worked with extensively for other jobs and had her take my measurements. This way I knew that they would be accurate and comprehensive.

I can fully understand the hesitation on your part, however. I will say that everything I've read from these guys is that they'll "take care of you" with regard to making your final product fit well. But I'll let them tell you that

http://www.dantesdame.com/ <--- Rides! Rides! Rides!!
DantesDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #117
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny_Taggart View Post
The suit looks great and is something that I have wanted in gear since I started riding 5 years ago. I wasn't expecting this to be that much different from the Men's offerings so the initial price was a shock.

Your logic is sound... women vary a lot and a smaller market but I have been bit by the "custom made" in this industry way too often. A competitor recently mentioned promised custom made... it was off the rack, marked up by the customer, returned, still didn't work but was now my fault for how I marked it... that left a sour taste in my mouth. I tried custom one piece suit off e-bay... but that wasn't quite right, didn't quite fit and would cost a tremendous amount to send back to Pakistan for alternations (although I bought it from a "NY" firm). I also tried buying custom suits from a Thailand tailor who did do the measuring... all of these things have been total failures for me which represent monetary losses with nothing to show for it.

Maybe I should plan a road trip to Austin?

I really want this suit to succeed; I've just been bit by the custom tailor thing three times now.

Good Luck... I'll be watching.

Lisa
Well its risk free on your side, IF it gets messed up, we will fix it.. even if that means making a new suit... That is just to assure you that this is a risk free proposition for you.. We are not going anywhere and running off if something goes wrong... You can read about us and our service here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...33219&page=163

There are 150+ pages of feedback on advrider about us...

What i have written above is just to assure you that we will stand behind our product and services. This will not be like your previous experiences!!!!

Now.. moving on.. we can obviously minimize the risk by taking measurements properly. If you are worried about this, we can do it in multiple ways.. You can visit a local tailor and get the measurements taken professionally. Or you can video chat with us and we can guide you and let you know if you are doing it correctly. Obviously you will need a friend to help you take the measurements properly.

So you see.. this is still manageable and possible and is going to be RISK FREE on your end.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #118
soapartist
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
We are now accepting orders for this suit. Just give us a call at 888-808-8349 is you have any questions.

Just went to look at this site. There are quite a few really nice suits, and the man suits are very reasonably priced.... My simple request is to find a place to buy a ladies suit that compares to the guys both in quality, and in price.
How come the men's suits (like the Mojave2 all weather 4 seasons for $349, if custom add+$100= total $449?) are offered with a "custom" option if you add $100, but the ladies is $899 to start because it is always "custom"?
I'd like the same choices the guys have with the same $$ amounts, and same option for $100 customizing.
Maybe I need to order a mens riding suit, and have it customized for $100?

soapartist screwed with this post 07-29-2011 at 08:53 AM
soapartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:41 AM   #119
lucas123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
I don't understand why Teiz isn't marketing the custom-sized men's Lombard suits as another, less-expensive option for the ladies. Heck, you can even order one in two different shades of pink!

from the website's Custom Orders section...

"When you order a custom suit with us, we make a new pattern just for you. Instead of altering an existing suit, we make a brand new pattern and suit to your exact specifications to ensure a perfect fit."
lucas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #120
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapartist View Post
Just went to look at this site. There are quite a few really nice suits, and the man suits are very reasonably priced.... My simple request is to find a place to buy a ladies suit that compares to the guys both in quality, and in price.
How come the men's suits (like the Mojave2 all weather 4 seasons for $349, if custom add+$100= total $449?) are offered with a "custom" option if you add $100, but the ladies is $899 to start because it is always "custom"?
I'd like the same choices the guys have with the same $$ amounts, and same option for $100 customizing.
Maybe I need to order a mens riding suit, and have it customized for $100?
Thank your for the support.

In answer to your concerns, they have been addressed several times on this forum. Please take a look at this post:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=111

The mens custom sizes are MUCH easier than women sizes. we can even send them a standard size and they will just let us know what they want to change like increase the inseam a bit, decrease the sleeves a bit. There is too much variation in women's sizes for us to be able to do that effectively.

The mens suit with similar features has been priced at $599, without the liners or custom sizing. So with liners and customization, it approaches the price of the revolution suit. The only difference is that suit will definitely see some quantities, where as the Revolution will continue to see very limited production which is something we already knew even before offering the suit. We offer the suit only for one reason: to show our support to women riders. If women show us their support, we would definitely to be encouraged to introduce more gear at various price points (which we really want to). But the commitments are seriously lacking. Introducing a product takes times and money and if in return i am going to get a handful of orders, it is not going to even recover my initial costs.

This is not meant to be a rant or digg at women riders at all. I am just trying to clarify that we aren't being biased or unfair towards you gals. In fact, i really really want to introduce more women's gear. I have several designs and drawing lying around for womens gear that we are eager to produce but just cant risk. We are a small company so the risk are far too great for us to invest in something like this without a commitment from you. Maybe its a chicken n egg situation (make the suit n then we will buy or commit to buying then we will produce), but undoubtedly we are at the riskier end of it.

How about this:
We will introduce a lower-spec suits (similar to Lombard V4 or Mojave 2) suit for $399 in 5 regular sizes (XS, S, M, L, XL) and two color choices --- if we can get 50 commitments (with a certain deposit) ahead of time. Fair enough?

In other news - we have new pictures of the Revolution coming very soon. The first batch of Revolution orders are almost ready and will be shipping soon. i hope everybody who ordered one will post pictures and feedback.