Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #121
bluepoof
insert pithy saying here

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
We will introduce a lower-spec suits (similar to Lombard V4 or Mojave 2) suit for $399 in 5 regular sizes (XS, S, M, L, XL) and two color choices --- if we can get 50 commitments (with a certain deposit) ahead of time. Fair enough?
Oooh, cool! I have a few friends who aren't on ADV (I know, I know, but they have one or two redeeming qualities) who would likely be interested in this. I'll put feelers out.

Quote:
The first batch of Revolution orders are almost ready and will be shipping soon. i hope everybody who ordered one will post pictures and feedback.
I'm super psyched for mine. It's like waiting for Christmas! I'm beyond excited that my suit arrival time is coinciding with my back injury healing enough to be able to do some all-day rides.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #122
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,720
17 new pictures on the product page now showing the upgraded materials:
http://www.teizms.com/revolution-wom...suit-p-63.html

teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #123
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Old 07-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #124
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Old 07-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #125
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Old 07-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #126
soewe812
Wag more Bark less

Oddometer: 999
That suit is great looking.
soewe812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:53 AM   #127
katego
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
thanks for the new pics... I've been waiting to see the color combos.

-k
Old 08-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #128
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

First batch of Revolution suits to leave the factory by Friday.. we will ship them to you guys as soon as they arrive
Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #129
JagLite
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 966
Cool2 Supersuit

My wife is very excited about the new Revolution. I was not surprised (as some were) at the cost.

Your other suits are a fantastic deal and I knew you could not price a custom fit woman's suit at anywhere near that price point. I agree with many that it is a LOT of money and we will be saving up for months to be able to buy one for her.

However, I have bought two other riding jackets and one armored pants for her that she wears, and likes, but...
They don't fit her shape very well, bunch up, are too tight in some places and too loose in others and generally are just not "right". I have spent at least half the price for a Revolution on her (clothing) gear already and still she doesn't like how they fit so, to us, your custom sizing suit seems like the best way to go to get something safe, comfortable, usable in any riding condition, and that will last for several years.

We figure that if it only lasted three years it would work out to less than $350 per year and it should last much longer than three years considering how little we actually get to ride during our short summers.

I am hoping to get one of your suits for myself as I have wanted a one piece suit for years but I will put mine off so we can get her a Revo for next summer. I have two jackets that are ok, a rain suit, and heavy (and good) First Gear overpants that I can wear as I have for years.

My wife is a professional seamstress and she well knows what goes into making and fitting clothing. She says the suit is a lot of money but is a very good deal for what you get for your money. We just don't buy expensive things.

Long gone are the days when we felt we were "safe" if we wore a helmet, long pants, and shoes that covered our ankles.

The price of the Revolution is actually MORE than two of the four bikes we ride cost. (used of course)

I can understand that some women will go with other suits, usually, if not always, with off the rack compromise fit at a lower price. We go that way for most things we buy, but once we have bought two, or three (or more) of the same item trying to get what we want we see that we have paid more than if we had just gone with the best from the start.

I have done that with tools so many times! And her riding boots....

May I suggest:

How about a nice short video of a gal (your beautiful wife?) putting on the suit and riding away, then cut to her riding to stop, slipping out of the suit and waking away wearing nice comfortable and stylish clothing? Make it with a nice music background, no speaking required. That will demonstrate to all that a one piece suit makes sense and is easy to just "take it off, take it all off..." Hmmm, I wonder if you could use that music from the shave cream commercial?
James
JagLite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #130
jacqui
Falling overrrrr....

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
I understand that some women may be skeptical about this concept, but i really do think that you will learn to love the convenience. When i take a break for gas (lets say every 200 miles), i want to take off my suit and take a break in my jeans.. Not walk around & eat my lunch with hefty riding gear (be it a suit, or jacket and riding over-pants).

Hmmm....and if it's pouring rain?

I'd like to see more venting, on the back and possibly underarms.

life is short...go for a ride
jacqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #131
Jewels
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
I have been looking into a one piece mainly for commuting. I have comfortable two piece riding gear but I think that the one piece would be a little faster and more convenient for work. Anyway, the one thing that I would love to see added to this suit is a Velcro badge pocket. I have one on my safety vest and it makes it a lot easier to get into the secure parking garage.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #132
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

jewels - small changes like that can e discussed. since the suits are custom made, we do have some room something like that. we wont be making design changes but little features like that can definitely be added

jacqui - there are arm, underarm, chest, back and knee vents on the suit. I guess we should upload some pictures highlighting the underarm vents.

jaglite: some parts of the video idea are good :) we will work on that meanwhile, check out this video. The zipper set is exactly the same, so you would wear this suit the exact same way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyh4SHodOK8
Old 08-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #133
Jewels
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
jewels - small changes like that can e discussed. since the suits are custom made, we do have some room something like that. we wont be making design changes but little features like that can definitely be added
Good to know. Unfortunately I am going to have to save for a while longer.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #134
jacqui
Falling overrrrr....

Oddometer: 118
Quote:

jacqui - there are arm, underarm, chest, back and knee vents on the suit. I guess we should upload some pictures highlighting the underarm vents.
Yes! Please show the views of all the vents.

life is short...go for a ride
jacqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #135
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

are you ready for the revolution? As a reminder, if you have any issues with the custom suit - we will take care of it.. your complete satisfaction is the goal here..

teizms screwed with this post 08-25-2011 at 12:10 PM