Oddometer: 214
Great Adventure!!!!!!!!!!

svenoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #317
MoreCheese
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Good stuff!! Thanks for sharing.

I disagree that anyone can do a trip like yours. My health wont allow it, my wife wouldn't consider it and my life is too tied up in expenses to afford it. It is fun to dream though with inspiration from others (like yourself) that document their adventures.

MoreCheese screwed with this post 12-18-2011 at 09:57 PM Reason: can't spell health
MoreCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #318
pigpen
Gone Riding

Oddometer: 680
Thank you!

Jordan and Michelle,

Thank you for involving all of us that have followed your ADVenture!
I agree w/ you that anyone can follow in your tracks to do the same thing! Yes, anyone can!
When we are older; responsibilities, kids, health issues, etc., etc.,get in the way and cloud our vision and perceptions!
It is much harder but still doable! Priorities just need to change if we want to do this type of thing!
I have lived in a VW Westfalia for 5 years traveling in N/A and Baja in relative comfort! It was a palace! Traveling, riding, skiing, climbing, surfing, and windsurfing. That was easy and I was younger! I'm looking forward to doing it again on a grander scale sometime soon, but on a motorcycle! MUST CHANGE PRIORITIES!
I'm not old, but at 49 it's hard to find guys to go ride dirt on a weekend day, yet alone for two weeks, much less SIX months!

Michelle, My hat is tipped to you, for your willingness to take part in a huge trip like this! You have no idea how incredible of a journey to undertake this trip and be a part of... You are a shinning star in a sea of mediocracy!
Riding pillion on an inferior bike for these conditions! Aye to be young again,

Jordan, I realize you know how special Michelle is and you guys will travel together for along time!
I still am amazed that the little NINJA took you ,two up, to some of the worlds most incredible places in NA and SA!
Your a stud!! At 6'2" I would not take a NINJA 250 on a weekend ride, much less what you did!
I WOULD BE IN PAIN FROM THE RIDING POSITION after a few hours!
BTW I just finished reading your ride report after a 6 hour dirt bike ride in 30-43F temps, not a d/s ride but true dirt in the Northwest Oregon mountains. I'm tough, but I could not do what you two did on the 250!
Truly amazed as I have read ride reports that guys one up on far "superior" machines have ended in failure or have had major mechanical problems.
You both deserve huge kudos for attempting an undertaking as you have done, and taking time to share this w/ the ADV crowd!!

Again, thank you for sharing! Your adventures have just started!
Please keep us posted as to future travels even if it does not pertain to M/C!

Having fun is not a sport! It's a full time job for some of us!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:34 PM   #319
aDave
Lovin' Life!

Oddometer: 184
What an adventure!

So truly refreshing to read a report from first to last...thank you for such extra effort to write and post this. This has inspired so many of us to continue to get out there and ride the bikes that we have.

Blessings to both of you...and Merry Christmas.
Dave

Pacifism is a luxury of the defended.
aDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #320
BadDogMax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Redefines "Epic"

There was a point while following this report where it went from a ride report to an epic tale, not unlike reading a classic novel. Thanks so much for putting in the considerable effort to document it for us.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #321
verboten1
nein

Oddometer: 174
Laugh

Thanks for the great ride! I'm showing my fiancée, she just got a ninja 250!
'75 CB550F: Cafe Frankenbike ---'82 XV920: The Cruiser---'01 Ninja 250: Wifey's Bike---'00 KLR685: The adventure bike
verboten1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #322
Straightedge
Skin Donor

Oddometer: 32
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing your report with us, and with so much detail and suspense!
Got to love it when the epiphany of, "Hey! I've got some money, some time, and a wild hair (or two)" comes along like so many planets aligning.
Straightedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #323
bjorn240
Good with a map!

Oddometer: 306
Thanks for a great RR, and congrats on a beautiful adventure. I love Central and South America and I've a soft spot for pre-gen Ninjas as well, as I just picked up a 2005.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #324
egret
noob

Oddometer: 359
One of the best Latin America reports ! What an adventure !Proved once again that for the trip of your life , don't need the latest , biggest and most expensive bike . I hope you married your girl ...
All the best to you two ,
-zie egret.
egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #325
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder

Oddometer: 2,098
Thanks for sharing your amazing story !

are you guys still together almost 2 years later ?

any plans for another trip ?

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Just Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #326
ScootTour
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
small bikes are the win and NOT because they are cheaper.
They maneuver better, easier to keep them up on dirt road, easier to pick up when they fall and the slow speeds help you understand why you are on the journey to begin with
ScootTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #327
RockinTheRVA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Well, there went my afternoon! Thanks so much for sharing, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've had 4 Ninja 250's myself, can't find a more well rounded, easy to work on 250. Good choice in bike!

Sorry for bumping an old RR, but it was a good one and I'm glad I stumbled upon it!
RockinTheRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #328
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,246

A bump back up the list so that others that previously missed it might get a chance to enjoy the trip.

Treadless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #329
Blader54
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,087
Glad you bumped this up, Treadless. It really IS an incredible report. Whenever I hear people complaining that they need a bike of a certain (always large) size to take a long trip on, I tell them to read this RR. Taking a 250 Ninja down to Argentina! Not ONE rider, but TWO. WITH camping gear! And the OP was a rather tall fellow, 6 foot 4 or so iirc. Yes, I think they were close to 100 percent on tarmac, but they did it. And I guess pillion must not have been a bad seat, because iirc Michelle was very sorry to say goodbye to the bike when they flew home. A fine, fine report.
Blader54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #330
PDX Alamo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Laugh Awesome

Thanks for taking the time to write IMHO one of the top ten rr on here I have read
PDX Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote