ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2011, 07:48 AM   #16
Deanman
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by king of mary's View Post
I signed up as well and if e-mail confirmation consists of an electronic receipt showing my payment then I too am confirmed.

I jumped on it as soon as I read the plan for this year's ride...sounds like a great way to spend a week in August.

The guidance above has convinced me to pick up GPS - current front runner is the Garmin GPSMAP 76CSx.

Another question I have is around fuel range. I still have the stock tank on my DR650SE and I would prefer to keep it that way vs. installing a larger tank and carrying around more fuel, weight and bulk than I need. I also like the stock fuel valve setup better than what I read about the IMS valve.

I recognize that the route for this year is different but any guidance from Sasquatch vets on what the range requirments have been in past years? Since they open this to 250cc class bikes it strikes me that it can't be too far between fuel stops.
I think you'll be in good company with that GPS. It's pretty popular in the ADV world. I got a deal on a 60cx and it works fine.

I don't think you ever go more than about 100 miles between fuel stops. You may want to get a bigger tank eventually but I don't think you'll need it for this one.

You'll have a great time.
Deanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #17
Timmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,300
I received my snail mail confirmation with an outline of the day by day routing (no details). It's looking to be a good and very different d/s ride.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #18
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,173
BbbbbbbUMP!!!

Here's yer link to Sound Rider's Sasquatch Dual Sport Ride this year.

The PDF Flyer says:

"You could win a Yamaha Super Ténéré.

All participants of this years Sasquatch Dual Sport Tour will be entered into AMA's Yamaha Super Ténéré giveaway promotion. "
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #19
donnh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Almost ready to ride!

Looking forward to doing this ride again this year. I'm still riding the Wee Strom and my wife is upgraded to a G650XC.
See you soon.
donnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #20
Deanman
Wannabe Adventurer

Gonna be a great week. I've upgraded from an old kick start DR350 to an '07 DR650. I like having a start button

I rode out to the end of Obstruction Point road last Sunday night, in the weak moonlight. Spectacular! I ate a sandwich in the parking lot while shooing away too-friendly deer. The last half of the road had just been fully cleared of snow the day before, so there were some muddy patches, but otherwise was in great shape. I'm looking forward to being there in the daylight!

See you all Sunday and/or Monday!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #21
LTCOliverNorth
Peeping Tom

Oddometer: 791
Hey Dean, I'll definitely see you there. (I rode in your group at the Altrider Ho river gig.)
LTCOliverNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #22
Dsport206
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
There's still room!

Got a note saying there's still room so those who want to get on the ride by way of walk-up should go to the Wildfire Grill in Port Angeles Sunday night between 6 and 8 pm, or go up to Hurricane Ridge Monday morning before 9am. The promoters have agreed to honor the pre-registration rate of $95 for anyone signing up Sunday night or Monday morning. I'm also told all the GPS routes have been ripped into track files as well so there's no way you can blow a turn on the route this year. Hurricane Ridge, Slate Peak, Haystack Rocks, and a lot of overlooks along the route will make this one of my ride highlights for the summer. The weather looks cooperative too.
Dsport206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #23
donnh
Gnarly Adventurer

Looks like I need to be packing rain gear. I might leave the mesh gear at home.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #24
Deanman
Wannabe Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCOliverNorth View Post
Hey Dean, I'll definitely see you there. (I rode in your group at the Altrider Ho river gig.)
Excellent! Yeah, that was a fun event. I think I remember which one you are, but I'm sure I'll remember you when I meet you in person again. It's hard (for me anyway) to remember names, let alone who belongs to which ADVrider name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsport206 View Post
Got a note saying there's still room so those who want to get on the ride by way of walk-up should go to the Wildfire Grill in Port Angeles Sunday night between 6 and 8 pm, or go up to Hurricane Ridge Monday morning before 9am. The promoters have agreed to honor the pre-registration rate of $95 for anyone signing up Sunday night or Monday morning. I'm also told all the GPS routes have been ripped into track files as well so there's no way you can blow a turn on the route this year. Hurricane Ridge, Slate Peak, Haystack Rocks, and a lot of overlooks along the route will make this one of my ride highlights for the summer. The weather looks cooperative too.
Yup, that's what I understood too from the Soundrider email. Tracks available upon request as well as the routes. Wildfire grill is good, a little upscale for my wallet but good food. I'll be checking in Sunday night and will probably head up to the Ridge early on Monday just to have some time to hang out up there.

I just checked Inaccuweather, and it says we might see some clouds and even some rain Monday here in Port Angeles (of course!) but should get better through the week. Most likely it will be hot on the East side of the mountains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnh View Post
Looks like I need to be packing rain gear. I might leave the mesh gear at home.
I am also debating on the rain gear. It takes up room I don't want to spare. I'll probably wait until Sunday or even Monday morning to make that decision. If I had mesh I'd bring it. Might be glad you did by Weds or Thursday. Let's hope anyway

But whatever the weather, see you all there!
Old 08-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #25
Dsport206
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Cartage

Remember, part of the deal is you get Cartage, so if you need to bring rain gear, but don't want to carry it simply toss it in the truck in the morning if it's going to be a nice day. Ditto on your camping gear. That's why the truck is there.
Dsport206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #26
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,514
It was a BLAST,well the first 4 days were ( then I broke down in George !!.

Alan...AKA the sidecar dude !!!
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #27
donnh
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NortwestRider View Post
It was a BLAST,well the first 4 days were ( then I broke down in George !!.

Ahh, wondered where you went. See you next year?
Old 09-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #28
BeyondPavement
Resource Conflict

Oddometer: 31
2011 Sasquatch Dual Sport Tour, Helmet Cam Footage

I was finally able to go through some of the helmet cam footage that my younger brother and I captured during the 2011 Sasquatch Dual Sport Tour... and then cobbled together the following video of the types of terrain we covered on this years ride. Another great event put on by Sound Rider (my second Sasquatch event.. my brothers third). Looking forward to more.

My Content Home Base:... McCallum Racing Enterprises
BeyondPavement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:21 AM   #29
GlobeTrotter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Thumb

Great job on the video! For those that missed it this year make sure to put it on your calendars for 2012. This was my 3rd Sasquatch and it just keeps getting better every year!

Tom, thanks for putting on another epic event and for providing GPS tracks this year. The tracks eliminated all of the nav. issues we experienced in years past.
http://terrafirma.smugmug.com/Charlie

"It's always been about motorbikes, always has been... always will be" - Ewan McGregor - Long Way Down
GlobeTrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #30
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,514
Did you guys take alot of " off course roads"???.I don't remember about 1/2 those roads.OR maybe I was going sooooo fast that it was just a blurrr..

Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote