ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #31
donnh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
LInk to my Sasquatch 2011 Pictures

Hey all - I never did get around to posting a ride report but today I uploaded some of my pictures. Here is a link if anyone wants to check them out: 2011 Sasquatch Ride pictures
donnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #32
donnh
Gnarly Adventurer

Question Who is signed up for 2012????

Are you going? Let us know.....
Old 05-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #33
geena
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Thumb Link to 2011 Sasquatch Ride Footage

This vid pretty well sums up 2011 from start to finish, spectacular roads and great groups of peeps. I look forward to doing it again this year.

http://youtu.be/cp-d6KCS7hc
geena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #34
geena
Adventurer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnh View Post
I do believe I am, I'm wondering if Tim, Dean, (your better 1/2 ;) You would be interested in riding out to Idaho together from Seattle, NW area.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #35
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,363
I'm out,2 sasquatches and 2DNF's,I think it's trying to tell me something !!.

Alan..aka the sidecar dude!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #36
Deanman
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by geena View Post
I do believe I am, I'm wondering if Tim, Dean, (your better 1/2 ;) You would be interested in riding out to Idaho together from Seattle, NW area.
I am signed up. I talked to Tod from Bremerton, (Not sure if he's on ADVRider), he rides a F800GS and we rode together last year. Planning on meeting him on my way and ride over together on Saturday, and camp out somewhere in between here and there on Sat night.
Deb, I'm glad you are going, and would love to meet up with you (and anyone else going) in Seattle.
We wanted to leave Saturday rather than trying to ride all the way over on Sunday. It's a long way from my house in Port Angeles to McCall, Idaho. Don't want to have monkey butt before I even start, right?
I have reservations for 2 nights (Sun and Mon night) at Ponderosa State Park, and am about to make reservations for Tues and Weds night but haven't quite decided where yet. I may leave Thurs night unplanned to add to the adventure
I went from 4 weeks paid vacation down to 1 with my new job, but having done it in 2010 and 2011, this ride has been fun enough that I'm blowing the week on it. Screw Christmas. Too hard to ride in the snow.
Tom does a good job of putting it on, they carry your gear, give you GPS tracks... what's not to like?

Looking forward to it!
Deanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #37
geena
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanman View Post
I am signed up. I talked to Tod from Bremerton, (Not sure if he's on ADVRider), he rides a F800GS and we rode together last year. Planning on meeting him on my way and ride over together on Saturday, and camp out somewhere in between here and there on Sat night.
Deb, I'm glad you are going, and would love to meet up with you (and anyone else going) in Seattle.
We wanted to leave Saturday rather than trying to ride all the way over on Sunday. It's a long way from my house in Port Angeles to McCall, Idaho. Don't want to have monkey butt before I even start, right?
I have reservations for 2 nights (Sun and Mon night) at Ponderosa State Park, and am about to make reservations for Tues and Weds night but haven't quite decided where yet. I may leave Thurs night unplanned to add to the adventure
I went from 4 weeks paid vacation down to 1 with my new job, but having done it in 2010 and 2011, this ride has been fun enough that I'm blowing the week on it. Screw Christmas. Too hard to ride in the snow.
Tom does a good job of putting it on, they carry your gear, give you GPS tracks... what's not to like?

Looking forward to it!
I'm down with leaving Saturday as it's "wasteful" to wait the whole weekend anyways. I'd have to meet you during the week at night as I take the photographer's pace as noted in earlier thread, (Trying to see if Tim is going and ride with him during week) but I'm in. (ooh need to get registered) Were you thinking of "slabbing" it the whole way or finding a few meanderings along the way? Lemme know and let's figure out where/when to meet on Saturday.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #38
Deanman
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by geena View Post
I'm down with leaving Saturday as it's "wasteful" to wait the whole weekend anyways. I'd have to meet you during the week at night as I take the photographer's pace as noted in earlier thread, (Trying to see if Tim is going and ride with him during week) but I'm in. (ooh need to get registered) Were you thinking of "slabbing" it the whole way or finding a few meanderings along the way? Lemme know and let's figure out where/when to meet on Saturday.
I'm planning on taking the most scenic way I can find, within reason, and would like to avoid I-90 entirely. Was thinking of heading down to Tacoma, then us 12 around Mt Rainier and through Yakima, Kenewick and Lewiston then 95 south to the Ponderosa campground.
I was planning on camping out Saturday night somewhere along the way, probably near Kenewick but wherever I feel like it. I don't have any firm destinations for Sat night.
I'm reserved Sun and Mon night at Ponderosa State Park, Century 2 on Tuesday night, and Lewis & Clark resort on Weds and Thurs night, and will be happy to share the sites with people.
I can meet up in Seattle on Sat morning anytime around 10ish. I know Seattle pretty well so just say where & when & I'll be there.
Deanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #39
ridahoan
fun seeker

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
I'm so stoked that this ride is going to be happening in all the places I've been wanting to ride in Idaho but was reluctant to ride solo.
I'll be heading to McCall from Moscow early Sunday, probably just stabbing it on Hwy 95/55.
Maybe I'll meet some of you along the way. Looking forward to it!
P.S. Watch for deer. We have had two motorcycle fatalities this year in Idaho from deer collisions.
ridahoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #40
geena
Adventurer

Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanman View Post
I'm planning on taking the most scenic way I can find, within reason, and would like to avoid I-90 entirely. Was thinking of heading down to Tacoma, then us 12 around Mt Rainier and through Yakima, Kenewick and Lewiston then 95 south to the Ponderosa campground.
I was planning on camping out Saturday night somewhere along the way, probably near Kenewick but wherever I feel like it. I don't have any firm destinations for Sat night.
I'm reserved Sun and Mon night at Ponderosa State Park, Century 2 on Tuesday night, and Lewis & Clark resort on Weds and Thurs night, and will be happy to share the sites with people.
I can meet up in Seattle on Sat morning anytime around 10ish. I know Seattle pretty well so just say where & when & I'll be there.
Here is a "route" somewhat, all asphalt, but a bit more scenic and not major hiways. A nice bit on 410 from "here" but then some major boring bits to Kennewick as you get towards Hanford there are not many choices, However after Kennewick looks pretty enticing-twisty heaven for asphalt. "Scenic?" I can include dirt if you'd like, however it is 370 miles to border. Lemme know and I can adjust. I've set up the event in ASR so we can have route/meeting place etc,. set. Will talk more this weekend with you. http://goo.gl/maps/BljR

geena screwed with this post 05-31-2012 at 04:15 PM Reason: adjusted route after noting start is in McCall, ID
Old 06-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #41
chasindirt
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Hi Donn (&Deb) - We [Kim & Kerry] are signed up. Met you two last year at Rally in the Gorge [w/ yellow 650gs]. REALLY looking forward to the tour.
chasindirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #42
donnh
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasindirt View Post
Hi Donn (&Deb) - We [Kim & Kerry] are signed up. Met you two last year at Rally in the Gorge [w/ yellow 650gs]. REALLY looking forward to the tour.
Hey- wow! I was thinking bout you two because we won't be able to make the rally this year. I'm glad we'll be able to ride together. ALSO a big honor to be the subject of your post #1 on ADVrider. Deby says hi.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #43
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,512
See you next year!

I've been thinking about going on this for a couple-three years now. Fiancee and I are buying two 650GS soon (why, FFS, do people list bikes for sale and then not respond to calls or emails??!!!?!?!?!) so we can do rides like this together. Since the ride is in July, and my birthday's in July, I think I just figured out my 2013 birthday present: a week of DS riding!! WOOT!!!

Now to get her to 'surprise' me with it.....

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #44
Mrs1911fan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
I've been thinking about going on this for a couple-three years now. Fiancee and I are buying two 650GS soon (why, FFS, do people list bikes for sale and then not respond to calls or emails??!!!?!?!?!) so we can do rides like this together. Since the ride is in July, and my birthday's in July, I think I just figured out my 2013 birthday present: a week of DS riding!! WOOT!!!

1911fan
Hmmmm....my birthday is in August...I think I just figured out my 2013 birthday present: a week of DS riding!!
WOOT!!!
Now to get Mr 1911fan to 'surprise' me with it...

Mrs1911fan
Old 06-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #45
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
...... 1911fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs1911fan View Post
Now to get Mr 1911fan to 'surprise' me with
Mrs1911fan
Uh......I hate to be the one to spoil the surprise.....but.......

...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote