ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #46
Yaki-man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnh View Post
Are you going? Let us know.....
Well, signed up for this ride today and really looking forward to a week of riding. Hope to camp most of the week, unless it starts flooding

Does anyone know the campground that will be used for the first couple of nights?
Yaki-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #47
joeman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
the ride starts in McCall and the "suggested" campground is Ponderosa State Park.

I booked a campsite there for Sunday and Monday nights. I have not booked anything for Tues. night in Salmon yet. May wait until I get there unless someone here suggests that is not advised.

Really looking forward to the ride.

joe
joeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #48
el' hefe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Campgrounds

Doubt I will be on this ride , but I just went through the McCall area, and it is awesome out there!

The Ponderosa Campground is family orientated, very clean, and has a nice beach that is great after a long day of riding. If you are not into the organized campground atmosphere, there are numerous cowboy campsites along Lick Creek Road, which starts out just around the corner from Ponderosa Campgrounds.

Just wanted to share this info for your planning purposes.

And don't speed on the portion of Lick Creek Rd that is within the town/city limits. I was let off with a warning.
el' hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #49
rockyroad OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Is there anyone from the Oregon doing this years Sound Rider Sasquatch Tour?
rockyroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #50
Yaki-man
Adventurer

Not having received my packet yet from Soundrider, is there a general area in the Ponderosa State Park that will be used as a meeting place on Monday or camping?

I am getting a late start on Sunday and will not arrive until around 9pm Sunday.

Traveling alone and hope to meet some of you for traveling partners. Willing to share campsites if anyone would like.

Thank you

Denis
Old 07-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #51
joeman
Adventurer

Nothing specific about where in Ponderosa. I booked on-line a couple of weeks ago. Not too many sites left at that point.

The check-in is between 6-8pm on sunday at "the Mill." 326 N 3rd st in McCall.
The ride starts on Monday at 9:00 at the Super8.

Joe
Old 07-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #52
kvandewalker
Northern CA

Oddometer: 1
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by threecows View Post
Is there anyone from the Oregon doing this years Sound Rider Sasquatch Tour?
Hey threecows-
We (Kerry and I) are coming from Yreka (on the CA/OR border). We can meet up with you on the way there.
kvandewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #53
geena
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanman View Post
I am signed up. I talked to Tod from Bremerton, (Not sure if he's on ADVRider), he rides a F800GS and we rode together last year. Planning on meeting him on my way and ride over together on Saturday, and camp out somewhere in between here and there on Sat night.
Deb, I'm glad you are going, and would love to meet up with you (and anyone else going) in Seattle.
We wanted to leave Saturday rather than trying to ride all the way over on Sunday. It's a long way from my house in Port Angeles to McCall, Idaho. Don't want to have monkey butt before I even start, right?
I have reservations for 2 nights (Sun and Mon night) at Ponderosa State Park, and am about to make reservations for Tues and Weds night but haven't quite decided where yet. I may leave Thurs night unplanned to add to the adventure
I went from 4 weeks paid vacation down to 1 with my new job, but having done it in 2010 and 2011, this ride has been fun enough that I'm blowing the week on it. Screw Christmas. Too hard to ride in the snow.
Tom does a good job of putting it on, they carry your gear, give you GPS tracks... what's not to like?

Looking forward to it!
Just got the horrible news from work, won't let me out for the whole week :( So I'm not able to go this year. :( Dean, you'll meet Phoenix this coming weekend @ Riders For Health Scavenger Hunt, he is still planning on going and will be huffing it from Oregon on Crater Lake trip up to McCall. I hope you all have an awesome time!!
geena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #54
donnh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Back from Sasquatch 2012

Another Sasquatch in the books - had fun riding with everyone!

Here is a link to some of my pictures: Sasquatch 2012 donnh pictures

donnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #55
joeman
Adventurer

thanks for posting the photos. Someone stole my camera while I was checking into the hotel in Kamiah. Pretty dissapointed that all my photos are gone.

Joe
Old 08-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #56
Yaki-man
Adventurer

donnh,

Thank you for sharing your photos with us. Already, bringing some memories back from the ride a few short days ago.
Really nice to meet everyone and gain some knowledge and experience from you.

Denis
Old 08-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #57
chasindirt
n00b

Oddometer: 4
LOVED this trip!!! Great roads, GREAT people, great skills learned. Thank you everyone for your patience, guidance, photos, and the beer at the end of a very dusty trail. Looking forward to next year!
chasindirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #58
chasindirt
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnh View Post

Another Sasquatch in the books - had fun riding with everyone!

Here is a link to some of my pictures: Sasquatch 2012 donnh pictures

THANK YOU for sharing! You three (D,D,G) are especially awesome.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #59
Yaki-man
Adventurer

Would anyone that attended the Tour no about a camera being lost on the Magruder Corridor? The following post appears it could have been someone in our group.

Denis

"Hey guys,

Pass this around. I'm an ADV Rider and reporter at the Idaho Statesman. I just wrote a story about a ride, and a guy called to tell me he found a camera that he thinks someone lost during a motorcycle rally on the Magruder Corridor around Aug. 20. He wants to return it to its owner. He was scant on details, but I know it was a digital Canon camera. Anyone with details or intel can contact me at rphillips@idahostatesman.com. Let's make it a project to get this camera back to its owner. I have the guys' contacts if I get some information about the owner.

Roger Phillips aka phillipsrog "
Old 09-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #60
chasindirt
n00b

Post Ride photos

My first attempt at using a photo sharing album. Good Luck!
Not many photos, spent most of my time with my hands on the bars instead of on the camera. Few of people because I was in the back of the pack.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chasinl...7631430224706/

- Kerry