User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #46
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,114
Please put me on the "in" list.
I will need a set of handgaurds with mirrors for my build bike.
Top clamp will be for xr os bar so 38/40x100 , would prefer an all black setup.
Thanks,
Assfault
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #47
wlkn_mn
out riding

Oddometer: 94
in

Chad,
Include me on the list to receive the coupon. I plan on getting in on this!!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #48
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
I'll jump in and help out, this is what the fronts look like from the rear, the cover is black anodized aluminum.

Hi Doug, yes, but I didn't want to throw this out there yet, one of the reasons we went with the new SX design is it allows for a lot of different mods. While I have time to entertain some of some mods, it'll bog me down if I get too many requests. Also don't know quite yet how to charge for it. This one is in black, has holes for LED indicators above the switches and a Powerlet mounting hole.

Cool!!! I haven't seen either of these on the web site for sale yet but hopefully when it is revamped for this sale (fingers crossed) we can order this cool stuff. I would go for the blinker guards and the top clamp shown!
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #49
cdogg44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
What is the best way to tell if these clamps will interfere with my GPR V2 stabilizer on an XR650R? I'd like to get a Baja Designs key switch in place of one of the Powerlets if that'd be possible as well.

I'm looking at adding a top clamp, Vapor mount, new bars and handguards, but am limited by the stabilizer in the front and then trying to check the oil between the bottom clamp and gas tank.

Also, did you mention if you can get the handguards in black?

Thanks!
cdogg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #50
trinc4me
n00b

Oddometer: 6
HDB May 2011 discount

In.
trinc4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #51
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdogg44 View Post
Can the HDB Handguards be had in anodized black?
Also, could you post a picture of the back of the handguard with the blinkers installed so I could get an idea of what they look like and the wiring?
cdogg44,
You can get the handguards and/or top clamp black anodized. Note that Paul is now offering an option where everything except the handguards are black anodized. If you are setting up a bike that will be dropped early and often on rocky ground, some prefer to not have the black handguards (but black everything else) so the black doesn't get scraped up. But then, there are those of use that dig the battle scars, but it's nice to have the choice to mix and match the black and bare billet.

Here is a picture of a black anodized setup that OKDQ posted on the HDB top clamp and handguards thread. Note that he used the original HDB top clamp design which no longer available (except perhaps for a bit of old stock).

Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #52
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderTheX View Post
Cool!!! I haven't seen either of these on the web site for sale yet but hopefully when it is revamped for this sale (fingers crossed) we can order this cool stuff. I would go for the blinker guards and the top clamp shown!
The modified SX clamp is a one off so that won't show up in any of the website pics.

The hand shields with integrated LED turnsignals have been on Paul's website for a while. They are under page 2 of 3 on the Replacement Parts section HERE. Sometimes it's hard to notice that there are multiple pages under certain sections, so make sure to look for additional page links at the bottom of page.

Historically, the handguards have shipped with two sets of plain hand shields; a black set and a white set. The handshields with the integrated turn signals are built to order, I believe, and so have been built one off and the cost has been based on the then current cost of LED/parts, etc.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #53
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
Bike is an 08 BMW GS Adv with ROX Risers. Would I be able to keep the risers and just replace the top have of the riser?
Steelrain,
If your question wasn't answered in my post #26, let me know and we can discuss your specific situation, but basically the appropriate HDB top clamp dimensions (width) will depend on if you are using the Rox Pivoting Risers or the Rox Anti-vibration Risers. If it's the former, your HDB top clamp will end up being the same width as your original top clamp bolt pattern width. If anti-vibration, probably 10 - 20mm wider than stock.

To get started, you can put a metric ruler to your current Rox top clamps, as they currently sit on the bike, to check the width in millimeter (mm). Most top clamp widths run between 96mm - 100mm though there are some cases where they are as tight as 84mm or as wide as 108mm. Still, don't come at me with a rough measurement of 55mm or 234mm. Ha.
It's pretty easy to get a measurement within 1 or 2mm of accuracy even with a basic ruler. The width measurement should be from top clamp bolt center to top clamp bolt center. As mentioned in post #26, Rox Risers usually let you go a bit wider than ideal, but not any narrower than idea (by moving the two independent rox risers out slightly).
Old 04-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #54
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,013
Is the powerlet hole the same size as a standard lighter socket?

Can the handguard signals be run in series with stock signals for added conspicuity?

Also I see on your site a pic of a Garmin streetpilot in a billet protector, but don't see it on the list of items.
Is this a one-off or discontinued?
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:18 AM   #55
ArgyBargy
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I'm in!

Please add me to the "in" list. Thanks for managing this!
ArgyBargy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #56
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnivore View Post

Can the handguard signals be run in series with stock signals for added conspicuity?

Also I see on your site a pic of a Garmin streetpilot in a billet protector, but don't see it on the list of items.
I can answer the first one. No, the powlet hole is smaller than a standard lighter socket. These powerlet holes are 18mm.

LED have very little draw, but I don't know if stock turn signal wiring could handle the load of both the stock turn signals and the additional ones. Maybe someone else could pipe up if they have wired signals in such a manner. A possible side effect could be slow blinking, but that may depend on the bike and the type of blinker setup. My opinion is the more conspicuous the better. (that is why I always use hand signals along with my blinkers).

I'll defer to Paul on the availability of Garmin Streetpilot billet protectors.

Chadx screwed with this post 04-21-2011 at 08:44 AM
Old 04-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #57
fishkens
Further...

Oddometer: 5,147
In!

I'll compile my list of parts over the next week.

Thanks!
fishkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #58
dendrophobe
Motorbike Junky

Oddometer: 859
In please, thanks!
2006 Ducati Sport 1000, Black
Custom built Ducati GT1000 Scrambler, Red
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #59
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnivore View Post

I haven't made any mounts for Street Pilot, or any other Garmin with the exception of the little Foretrex models. You might have seen someone using a Ram mt, and on Ram mounts I recommend the type that replaces one of the top clamp bolts, they're very stout.

On any mods to the top clamps, I think they're going to have to be back burner projects, things like mounting a key switch, don't actually fit in the standard top clamps and it pretty much defeats the purpose of a group buy if I start getting a lot of special requests. So lets take that off the table for this group buy.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #60
killurtv
free range moron

Oddometer: 640
Awesome deal!!

I am in, thank you.