User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
Draganee Racing OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Removing ESA ....any luck ?

Has anyone successully removed the ESA and installed conventional suspension result?... Needless to say I have not been convinced of the ESA's value and wish to install manually adjustable suspension... namely for compression advisability on my 13 GSA....code/diagnostic issues ?
Draganee Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #2
Draganee Racing OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
here is the response I just received from Ted Porter of the Beemershop...

"...
Hi Jeff,

The Telelever front end has it's own feel for sure, not as plush as a conventional fork in my opinion, but we can make it a lot better.

The Wilbers ESA shocks are certainly an improvement, but keep in mind ESA only gives you 3 damping settings and you cannot set front and rear differently, it's comfort normal or sport and that's all you get if you want to stay with ESA. Having said that, the Wilbers shocks which work with your ESA motors will be a big improvement over stock.

Since you have the last of the oil cooled twins, the ESA system can be removed from the bike without any warning symbols flashing at you, the bike doesn't care if it's on there or not. You could install manually adjustable shocks with a much wider range of adjustability and more available features such as separate adjustable compression circuits. We sell shocks from Wilbers, Ohlins, Hyperpro/Yacugar and more.

There are so many options a phone conversation would be best. Here are some numbers to ponder:

Wilbers ESA conversion, you send us your shocks, we install your adjusting motors on the new Wilbers shocks: $1349.00/pair. Here's my video showing the process on your rear shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf7MIVPfic4

Wilbers and other brands start at about $1450.00/pair and go up from there, too many choices to list, call me if you want to go over it all.

Thanks for your inquiry, let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Ted Porter
Ph: 831-438-1100 ext 113
Cell: 831-420-7776

Fax: 831-438-1104

BeemerShop, Inc.
5100 Scotts Valley Dr.

Suite 100
Scotts Valley, Ca. 95066
www.beemershop.com

Find us on Facebook

Draganee Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draganee Racing View Post
here is the response I just received from Ted Porter of the Beemershop...

"...
Hi Jeff,

The Telelever front end has it's own feel for sure, not as plush as a conventional fork in my opinion, but we can make it a lot better.

The Wilbers ESA shocks are certainly an improvement, but keep in mind ESA only gives you 3 damping settings and you cannot set front and rear differently, it's comfort normal or sport and that's all you get if you want to stay with ESA. Having said that, the Wilbers shocks which work with your ESA motors will be a big improvement over stock.

Since you have the last of the oil cooled twins, the ESA system can be removed from the bike without any warning symbols flashing at you, the bike doesn't care if it's on there or not. You could install manually adjustable shocks with a much wider range of adjustability and more available features such as separate adjustable compression circuits. We sell shocks from Wilbers, Ohlins, Hyperpro/Yacugar and more.

There are so many options a phone conversation would be best. Here are some numbers to ponder:

Wilbers ESA conversion, you send us your shocks, we install your adjusting motors on the new Wilbers shocks: $1349.00/pair. Here's my video showing the process on your rear shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf7MIVPfic4

Wilbers and other brands start at about $1450.00/pair and go up from there, too many choices to list, call me if you want to go over it all.

Thanks for your inquiry, let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Ted Porter
Ph: 831-438-1100 ext 113
Cell: 831-420-7776

Fax: 831-438-1104

BeemerShop, Inc.
5100 Scotts Valley Dr.

Suite 100
Scotts Valley, Ca. 95066
www.beemershop.com

Find us on Facebook

That red is painfull... Thats much better.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #4
Okie Preacher
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draganee Racing View Post
Has anyone successully removed the ESA and installed conventional suspension result?... Needless to say I have not been convinced of the ESA's value and wish to install manually adjustable suspension... namely for compression advisability on my 13 GSA....code/diagnostic issues ?
I pulled the ESA shocks off my '09 GS when they went soft around 25,000 miles. I went back with a set of Ohlin TTX's sprung for my weight. Completely transformed the bike. It not only improved the handling on dirt, rocks, and gravel but eliminated the chop on highway seams and irregularities. Not cheap, but hands down the best money I have spent on the bike.
Okie Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote