Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #256
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuck View Post
He sent his email to BMW they sent a GSG9 squad to neutralize him for turning a HP2 into a boxer Monster.

/feeling like hes waiting for that infinite number of monkeys/typewrites/ink/paper/time
when they showed up the Krauts took off the tac gear, laid down the HK416's, and took turns riding the bike

Joe-Please stop eating your corn the long way!
moosemeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #257
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
when they showed up the Krauts took off the tac gear, laid down the HK416's, and took turns riding the bike

Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #258
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat

Oddometer: 5,843
Quote:

So I guess it's still not running. Did you graduate MMI?

1996 M900, "Patience" 2012 GS "Sonar" 2008 Megamoto "Big Blue" 2008 S2R "WTF"
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #259
Gun Smoke
Banned

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
When one uses "bro" in conversation and brags about their thread views rather then if the thing actually runs and you expected integrity????
Yeah integrity went out the window when he said he was going about getting a non "r title". The only reason one would go to the trouble of doing that would be to steal some unsuspecting buyer. If I bought that bike and then saw this thread without the seller disclosing the fire I would literally fly to Haiti and hire a witch doctor to put a life long hex on the douche bag that "burned" me like that.
Gun Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #260
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

QUOTE=Gun Smoke;19813051]Yeah integrity went out the window when he said he was going about getting a non "r title". The only reason one would go to the trouble of doing that would be to steal some unsuspecting buyer. If I bought that bike and then saw this thread without the seller disclosing the fire I would literally fly to Haiti and hire a witch doctor to put a life long hex on the douche bag that "burned" me like that.[/QUOTE]

Hey Gunsmoke, Do you like Apples?

There is a few dozen Rich Chineese Gangsters in line already for the purchase.

How do you like them apples?

GFY
Old 10-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #261
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypolack View Post
So I guess it's still not running. Did you graduate MMI?
Yes I did.

But I guess I will have to post a picture of my transcript with the 4.0 gpa and my BMW of North America Certification for it to be believable right?

Old 10-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #262
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes I did.

But I guess I will have to post a picture of my transcript with the 4.0 gpa and my BMW of North America Certification for it to be believable right?

Sadly, that's probably the least this crowd would expect.
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #263
Gun Smoke
Banned

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Yes I did.

Are you going to disclose the fire to your rich Chinese buyers or use your (non R title) to screw em?

BTW nobody doubts you have skill and the bike looks fucking awesome I just think it's a major douche bag move to try and pass that thing off with a non R title. Even if you disclose to the buyer what about the next guy. Don't be a douche bag; it stinks like fish.
Gun Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #264
bikecat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
Yeah integrity went out the window when he said he was going about getting a non "r title". The only reason one would go to the trouble of doing that would be to steal some unsuspecting buyer. If I bought that bike and then saw this thread without the seller disclosing the fire I would literally fly to Haiti and hire a witch doctor to put a life long hex on the douche bag that "burned" me like that.
For those of us not living in the USA, what is a non-R title? Just want to understand the context.

Cheers
bikecat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #265
gazoo
Wandering

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikecat View Post
For those of us not living in the USA, what is a non-R title? Just want to understand the context.

Cheers
An "R title" is a rebuilt or salvage title. It varies by state, but generally it means a vehicle that was severely damaged and then restored to working order using replacement parts.
gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #266
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikecat View Post

Cheers
Obviously, an "R" title (different states have different terminologies to express the same condition, here it is called a "salvage title") significantly diminishes the value of the vehicle regardless of the quality of the reconstruction.

I have been following this thread as have many others, and this is the only comment I have seen fit to add. I agree that trying to hide a rebuilt or salvaged title is simply wrong, although I wouldn't rule out sarcasm on the part of Moosemeat. I thought this build was being done so the OP would have this machine to ride, not to resell to an unsuspecting "Chinese gangster." In the one event, kudos, the other is for each reader to judge.

Doing this to create a personal ride, I find the effort laudable. To do this to resell the vehicle to an unsuspecting third party is always unethical and usually illegal in most states. The act carries certain penalties depending on the severity of the circumstances and frequency of occurrence. In some states, the penalties are modest ($1000 per event unless the vehicle is determined to have been stolen) in others, more severe. In general, the cost of doing it if caught is not equal to the up side of potential returns, so it is a relatively common scam. Happens all over the world, though this seems like the hard way to get 'er done.

Pampero screwed with this post 10-16-2012 at 09:15 AM
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #267
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
Obviously, an "R" title (different states have different terminologies to express the same condition, here it is called a "salvage title") significantly diminishes the value of the vehicle regardless of the quality of the reconstruction.

I have been following this thread as have many others, and this is the only comment I have seen fit to add. I agree that trying to hide a rebuilt or salvaged title is simply wrong, although I wouldn't rule out sarcasm on the part of Moosemeat. I thought this build was being done so the OP would have this machine to ride, not to resell to an unsuspecting "Chinese gangster." In the one event, kudos, the other is for each reader to judge.
1 - Thank you for that!

2 - I think so too... At first I thought you would keep that bike, too bad
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #268
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
1 - Thank you for that!

2 - I think so too... At first I thought you would keep that bike, too bad
I guess I missed it.
Other than joking, when did he say he wouldn't?
Old 10-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #269
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat

Oddometer: 5,843
Quote:
Yes I did.

Well, in that case, congratulations. We'd all still like to see the bike running.

Whatever you decide to do with the bike, its kinda hard to sell if it ain't runnin I guess. . . . . despite the 'professional' Certification.

Oh, and by the way, you do know you haven't exactly made friends with a few BMW dealership owners through this thread. . . . . . Good luck in your job search though.

1996 M900, "Patience" 2012 GS "Sonar" 2008 Megamoto "Big Blue" 2008 S2R "WTF"

hillbillypolack screwed with this post 10-16-2012 at 05:08 PM
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #270
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,831
nice job!

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote