Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #61
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXracer View Post
I really enjoyed reading about your trip through and around Death Valley. I've made a few trips there myself in the past year. I usually stay in Goldfield at the Santa Fe Saloon. Clean, modern room but no food. I did find out on one of my trips there that the one gas station that's still open also serves home cooked meals. The meatloaf is worth the trip. I'm planning another trip to Goldfield in late October to take more pictures. By the way, the old coart house is still active and the judge is very friendly. If you stop in to visit, check out the old mug shot photos and the ball and chain in the sheriff's office just across the hall! Everyone is really friendly and willing to tell stories about the old town.
Thank you for reading our report BMXracer. We plan to go back to Death Valley and spend a few more days there exploring. I am pretty sure we missed quite a bit. Goldfield did make an impression for sure. The town was very cool and there were so many trails just off the road leading to who knows what. I only saw 2 living souls as we cruised through. It is good to know there is food and gas and interesting people to talk to. We will definitely spend more time in the area. Have a great trip in October.
PinkPillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #62
deej
Deej (Deric)

Oddometer: 508
Just found this report. Wow! Its great to see and read about someone else that went on some of the same areas my cousin and I did back in July when we rode to the Grand Canyon. The Goldfield Hotel, that was cool, I have some more pictures, even of the inside. It looks like someone tried to fix it back up but ran out of money. Thanks for the great report.

2005 ST 1300--2006 250S--2006 XT 225
deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #63
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej View Post
Just found this report. Wow! Its great to see and read about someone else that went on some of the same areas my cousin and I did back in July when we rode to the Grand Canyon. The Goldfield Hotel, that was cool, I have some more pictures, even of the inside. It looks like someone tried to fix it back up but ran out of money. Thanks for the great report.
Thank you for reading deej. I would love to go to the Grand Canyon!! It is on the list for sure. We didn't stop to look inside the hotel. Next time we venture that way, I will make sure we stop for a bit longer. To go inside--that would be awesome.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #64
vaish
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Thumb

nice ride , the photographs are great .. i loved it
vaish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #65
Davethestick
Registered Rider

Oddometer: 72
Great Ride report! I hope to make that Loop once it warms up again.
Davethestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #66
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaish View Post
nice ride , the photographs are great .. i loved it
Thanks for checking it out vaish!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #67
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethestick View Post
Great Ride report! I hope to make that Loop once it warms up again.

Thanks Dave t s. I can't wait to get back there again next year. April was a perfect time to go. The nights are probably pretty chilly right now.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #68
dimitris_greece
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Great photos..!

Nice report.. it is like a story.. I like your photos. They 're great, are you perhaps a professional photographer?? ;-)

I like the details in your photos.. :-) Keep up the good work
dimitris_greece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #69
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks so much dimitris_g! I am many things, but a pro-photog is not one of them. I take hundreds of photos on these trips and some come out decent. Glad you enjoyed the report and story telling.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #70
HOFNAR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
I just ran across your RR and was impressed with your photos and text. I plan on going to DV in May 2012 and am interested in seeing some of the same spots you visited. However, I'm going to be riding a sport tourer (Suzuki Bandit) and would like your feedback as to whether those dirt/gravel roads you traveled are street tire friendly? Thanks and again, great report. Take care.
HOFNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #71
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFNAR View Post
I just ran across your RR and was impressed with your photos and text. I plan on going to DV in May 2012 and am interested in seeing some of the same spots you visited. However, I'm going to be riding a sport tourer (Suzuki Bandit) and would like your feedback as to whether those dirt/gravel roads you traveled are street tire friendly? Thanks and again, great report. Take care.
Hi HOFNAR. Glad you liked the report. I would only just suggest staying away from Titus Canyon with full on street tires, otherwise, if you are looking for a crazy adventure--give it a shot, and turn around if it gets too gnarly. We have dual sport tires on the BMW and the way we came in was a quite rough in a few spots. You might be able to come in from the other side? It was smoother there. Rhilote should be no problem, same with getting to Scotty's castle, all paved. Make sure you check out Larryboy's DV reports, they are filled with info about the area. I bet it will be very hot in May. Have a great trip.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:20 AM   #72
WaywardSon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,315
Thumb

Nice job on the report! There is just a lot of amazing country out West...wish I were closer. Thanks for taking the time to take us along.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #73
linksIT
nOObie

Oddometer: 256
linksIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #74
TheAdmiral
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 883
Awesome

I could've missed an awesome ride report. Sometimes I'm glad someone finds these ride reports and brings them up top. I really like the history you added to your ride report, both new and old photo's. In post #20 your first photo almost looks like an old Borax 20 mule team wagon. Interesting stuff. Glad you posted this RR, and I'm happy I got the chance to read it, although rather late. Better let than never, right? Thanks for sharing.

Admiral's Voyages http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788178
TheAdmiral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #75
Vinbowie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
Sure wish I could take that ride.
I would need weeks to do it from Maryland.
Love it though ,
Thanks
They just stand back and let it all be." Springsteen
Vinbowie is offline   Reply With Quote