Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #1726
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,811
Uffff!!!! That brunette on the fiddle is Smokin' Hot!!!

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:30 AM   #1727
MrKiwi
Ageing Enthusiast

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRide13 View Post
Oh YES
Old 08-29-2011, 04:27 AM   #1728
vaish
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
wow ..nice going :)
great ride my friend ..

take care
vaish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #1729
j911brick
Squidinator

Oddometer: 513
My father just sent this to me. Made me think of Doug.

AFP - Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday described leather-clad bikers as brothers and boasted of the "indivisible Russian nation" after roaring into a biking rally on a Harley Davidson.
The black-clad Putin led a column of bikers, their lights blazing into the night sky, who drove into a mass biking rally held on a former Soviet warship in the Black Sea port city of Novorossiisk.
Putin, an avowed fan of bikes, appeared to be riding the same massive three-wheeled Lehman trike conversion motorbike he rode to a similar meeting of the bikers in Ukraine last year.
Cheered by the biking faithful, Putin immediately took to the stage upon arrival and delivered a demagogic speech which managed to combine patriotism, historical memory and the motorcycle, state television pictures showed.
"I want to tell you, brothers, it's really great that you have not forgotten the heroism of the past," he told the crowd.
Recalling that Novorossiisk had been freed from Fascist occupation 68 years ago, he added: "These pages of history are in a striking way linked with the motorcycle because it was easiest to take children away from firing by motorbike.
"This historical memory is the cement which makes people of different peoples, ethnic groups and religions into one indivisible Russian nation, and creates a great Russia!," he said.
He said the defenders of Novorossiisk had a great slogan which was "relevant today for bikers and for Russia... Only movement forwards!"
The bike provides an ideal vehicle for Putin's trademark hardman antics which are becoming ever more familiar in Russia as he seeks to convince Russians he remains their strongman ahead of elections.
Russia is to hold presidential elections in March with many commentators expecting that Putin will seek to return to the Kremlin.
The massive rally was organised by a Russian biking group by the name of "The Night Wolves" and Putin now appears to have become firm friends with their leader Alexander Zaldostanov, who goes by the name of "the surgeon".
The state ITAR-TASS news agency described the rally as an "international bike show... with a patriotic direction."

R1200GSA; Honda Hawk GT; Honda NSR250 SP Rothmans; Honda RS250 GP; Honda CRF250X; Honda 300 Dream.
http://www.bikepics.com/members/j911brick/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3CPzKpZYSU

Porsche (several)
http://members.rennlist.com/j911brick/rennlist3_002.htm
j911brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #1730
lukeman
Cool Hand

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by j911brick View Post

AFP - Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday described leather-clad bikers as brothers and boasted of the "indivisible Russian nation" after roaring into a biking rally on a Harley Davidson.
The black-clad Putin led a column of bikers, their lights blazing into the night sky, who drove into a mass biking rally held on a former Soviet warship in the Black Sea port city of Novorossiisk.
Putin, an avowed fan of bikes, appeared to be riding the same massive three-wheeled Lehman trike conversion motorbike he rode to a similar meeting of the bikers in Ukraine last year.
Cheered by the biking faithful, Putin immediately took to the stage upon arrival and delivered a demagogic speech which managed to combine patriotism, historical memory and the motorcycle, state television pictures showed.
"I want to tell you, brothers, it's really great that you have not forgotten the heroism of the past," he told the crowd.
Recalling that Novorossiisk had been freed from Fascist occupation 68 years ago, he added: "These pages of history are in a striking way linked with the motorcycle because it was easiest to take children away from firing by motorbike.
"This historical memory is the cement which makes people of different peoples, ethnic groups and religions into one indivisible Russian nation, and creates a great Russia!," he said.
He said the defenders of Novorossiisk had a great slogan which was "relevant today for bikers and for Russia... Only movement forwards!"
The bike provides an ideal vehicle for Putin's trademark hardman antics which are becoming ever more familiar in Russia as he seeks to convince Russians he remains their strongman ahead of elections.
Russia is to hold presidential elections in March with many commentators expecting that Putin will seek to return to the Kremlin.
The massive rally was organised by a Russian biking group by the name of "The Night Wolves" and Putin now appears to have become firm friends with their leader Alexander Zaldostanov, who goes by the name of "the surgeon".
The state ITAR-TASS news agency described the rally as an "international bike show... with a patriotic direction."
If only doug ran into putin...
Currently: 04 Tiger 955i | 85 BMW K100RT stripped
lukeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #1731
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeman View Post
If only doug ran into putin...

I'm pretty sure Doug went to a party with these guys on his last trip to Russia....

check out the pics here...some of this looks familiar...definitely an interesting bunch

http://nightwolves.ru/foto/bc/

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #1732
rtwdoug OP
prominent underachiever

Oddometer: 3,645
I've been wanting to go to that big Night Wolves party, as I know some of those guys. I may try to go next year. It would be cool to get my picture with Putin.

I'm still in Vladivostok, waiting to get the bikes. the boat got here saturday, but no room to dock yet. it should dock later today.
Poly is more impatient than I am, she is new to the 'ship & wait' game. Its all part of travelling, being held up by shipping companies & other delays. Our bikes are not their priority, they probably dont even like doing it.
I'll be happy when we get them tho, as the sooner we leave, the less KM per day average I have to maintain to get to Bulgaria by September 23rd, as we are hosting a Horizons Unlimited meeting at the motocamp. her flight from Moscow is on the 20th. Its doable, but not gonna be much fun.

I really didnt think this thru all the way, when I decided to ride back to BG. If I had a lick of sense, I'd ship the bike to Moscow by train.
But, Poly wanted to make a bike trip, & Tom said we could use his, and as she supports me with my dumb ideas, I wanted her to have a trip this summer also.
Its only about 12,000 km back, how bad can it be?

Doug

rtwdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #1733
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwdoug View Post

Doug
Old 08-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #1734
Armydad
Prov. 3:5-6

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDOKA View Post
One word... diesel! If I could only figure out how to put a diesel engine on my binke...wow! They have them on quads, but never have seen one on a bike yet.

A little late, but check this out if u had'nt already :
http://pnwriders.com/motorcycle-talk...s-us-army.html
Armydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #1735
IRideASlowBike
Banned

Oddometer: 1,786
Quote:

I wonder if the irony of Putin speaking about the "indivisibile Russian nation" after riding to the rally on a Harley Davidson has escaped everybody.
IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #1736
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
I find it interesting that Putin rode in on a 3-wheeler HD........His ego must have been deflated having to ride an American product.
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #1737
matman1972
Lost in the woods.

Oddometer: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallRob View Post
I find it interesting that Putin rode in on a 3-wheeler HD........His ego must have been deflated having to ride an American product.
I could have lent him my 650 ural. that may have deflated his ego even more!
Confusion to our enemies.Zaphod for president!!
matman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #1738
JamesOn2Wheels
Banned

Oddometer: 422
12K riding bitch...

How bad can it get...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwdoug View Post
I've been wanting to go to that big Night Wolves party, as I know some of those guys. I may try to go next year. It would be cool to get my picture with Putin.

I'm still in Vladivostok, waiting to get the bikes. the boat got here saturday, but no room to dock yet. it should dock later today.
Poly is more impatient than I am, she is new to the 'ship & wait' game. Its all part of travelling, being held up by shipping companies & other delays. Our bikes are not their priority, they probably dont even like doing it.
I'll be happy when we get them tho, as the sooner we leave, the less KM per day average I have to maintain to get to Bulgaria by September 23rd, as we are hosting a Horizons Unlimited meeting at the motocamp. her flight from Moscow is on the 20th. Its doable, but not gonna be much fun.

I really didnt think this thru all the way, when I decided to ride back to BG. If I had a lick of sense, I'd ship the bike to Moscow by train.
But, Poly wanted to make a bike trip, & Tom said we could use his, and as she supports me with my dumb ideas, I wanted her to have a trip this summer also.

Doug
JamesOn2Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #1739
JamesOn2Wheels
Banned

Oddometer: 422
Charlie Daniels

oh poor Charlie...thought he had it....'til NOW.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRide13 View Post
JamesOn2Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #1740
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 5,210
Quote:
AFP - Prime Minister Vladimir Putin "I want to tell you, brothers...
Hearing the leader of a nuclear power talk like Alex is a bit unsettling.
Same look in the eyes as Putin's KGB glazed visage.
Spooky, my bolshy bratchny brat.

bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote