ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 04:23 AM   #601
rtwdoug OP
prominent underachiever
 
rtwdoug's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Alabamski Oblast, Redneckistan
Oddometer: 3,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardP View Post
I hope that side car doesn't take a 16" tire. Doug might fit one of my Duro tires which are allegedly in his garage...
Hey Bernard
yep, they are in my garage. I sent you an email when I got them, and then got busy finishing the bike, & forgot to send another, as I didnt get a reply.
Sorry about that, but look at the bright side, they wont wear out while in my shop

Doug
__________________
www.motosapiens.org
My bike hotel in Bulgaria. ADVriders get 1st beer free!

rtwdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:04 AM   #602
mmx74
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Kiev region. Ukraine. Central Europe
Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby-S View Post
Max, I have to ask...

Is the reason you say this because of radiation worries or do the people around the area consider the area sacred? (out of respect for the dead or something like that)

Bobby
Of course i have said it because of radiation worries (It may kill, no doubt), and because it else may cause him REALLY BIG problem with helth, and with our environmental laws ( Court, Jail, etc. you know...). And this can cause break of his trip shedule... :Here in Ukraine we have no superstition about dead, or sacred areas etc... And of course Chernobyl is in a restricted (because of radiation) area today and next 300 years(Decontamination period)... I think that the old sidecar does not worth those problems... (Imagine: Man slowly dying of radiation in the jail, instead of fun riding round the world). Without any jokes.
mmx74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:53 AM   #603
Scotty J
Obedient Consumer
 
Scotty J's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: 19TBG9657161168
Oddometer: 273
I thoroughly enjoy Doug's rides and especially his writing style, but I've just found someone just as bonkers. RTW on an Indian? Hardcore. On a hardtail through a combat zone? Wicked hardcore. But RTW on a go kart?


...fuck me:
http://deansgarage.com/2011/stan-mot...cumnavigation/
__________________
I'll quit before I fail.
Scotty J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:59 AM   #604
Beater
Is it broke yet?
 
Beater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Oddometer: 3,070
IN. Capitol I and Capitol N.
__________________
Fred
'85 R80RT G/Sified <|> '91 R100GS Bumblebee (103K miles and climbing) <|> '73 R75/5 LWB
Airhead Zen: Ride - Repair - Ride - Maintain - Ride - Repeat
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:03 AM   #605
BernardP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwdoug View Post
Hey Bernard
yep, they are in my garage. I sent you an email when I got them, and then got busy finishing the bike, & forgot to send another, as I didnt get a reply.
Sorry about that, but look at the bright side, they wont wear out while in my shop

Doug
No worries, I am keeping myself busy with another project. Maybe you can deliver them on your trip to Africa next year in your radio active side car

Looking forward to following your adventures.
BernardP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:14 AM   #606
DCrider
Live from THE Hill
 
DCrider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Oddometer: 4,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallRob View Post
Doug, just how do you know penguin pussy is so cool? Im sure we're all ears for your explanation on this
So a penguin, a cat, and a biker walk into a bar in Alabama...


Great start so far, looking forward to hearing more about the world from the seat of the Dirtster
__________________
ADV'ing from America's fine Crapital...
DCrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:50 AM   #607
peterdejongh
Adventurer
 
peterdejongh's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: belgium
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwdoug View Post
. I didnt know about Sinus, I just sent him an email, as I will head to Turkey on Monday. It would be great to meet up with him



Doug
Hey Doug,
Great to see that you are back on the road again ! Looking foward to follow your adventures...
You'll be heading to Turkey.. I hope you have received your card to use on the highways back again from me. I have send it back a few months ago

Peter
__________________
My Balkan adventures
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629748

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591808

"Little by little, one travels far"
JRR Tolkien
peterdejongh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #608
Bobby-S
Adventurer
 
Bobby-S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Illinois
Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmx74 View Post
Of course i have said it because of radiation worries (It may kill, no doubt), and because it else may cause him REALLY BIG problem with helth, and with our environmental laws ( Court, Jail, etc. you know...). And this can cause break of his trip shedule... :Here in Ukraine we have no superstition about dead, or sacred areas etc... And of course Chernobyl is in a restricted (because of radiation) area today and next 300 years(Decontamination period)... I think that the old sidecar does not worth those problems... (Imagine: Man slowly dying of radiation in the jail, instead of fun riding round the world). Without any jokes.
I didn't mean the question as a joke. I didn't know.... To me that particular sidecar would be a very cool thing to have. A similar sidecar would be OK but that particular one would be special just because of where it is from... Of course you are correct in that it would be foolish to get if it cannot be made relatively safe. I do not know what it would take to decontaminate it but just riding a motorcycle isn't 100% safe so I can understand trying to overcome some problems to get it.

Here in the USA there is the saying that "One mans trash is another mans treasure"

However I have also seen some pretty strange things that the local people thought of as monuments.
Bobby-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:28 AM   #609
DCrider
Live from THE Hill
 
DCrider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Oddometer: 4,014
Another Dirtster , maybe already posted but did not see

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657449
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORPRINCEJJ View Post

__________________
ADV'ing from America's fine Crapital...
DCrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:41 AM   #610
pdxbrit
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pdxbrit's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 304
You better hold on tight and not slip off the back of that seat!
__________________
I wanted a FUN to ride bike...all ego aside...no bar hopper
no chick magnet..just a fun ride...The KLR is it...enjoy it. - Cire99

Track me on my Delorme Inreach SE

pdxbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #611
mmx74
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Kiev region. Ukraine. Central Europe
Oddometer: 40
To BOBBY-S

OK Bob I agree with your conclusion
mmx74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #612
fredgreen
Is it Spring yet?
 
fredgreen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Nova Scotia, Canada
Oddometer: 479
It's got the latest is broomstick technology for a kickstand as well....Sweet
fredgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #613
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motorfiets's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North of Jack Daniel's, South of Country Music
Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgreen View Post
It's got the latest is broomstick technology for a kickstand as well....Sweet
__________________
Ben
My Photo's
Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #614
Flys Lo
cool hand fluke
 
Flys Lo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: between my last drink and my next one
Oddometer: 321
The swing arm on that is pretty trick. Not so sure about the chain tensioner though...
__________________
Adrian, Central & South America, 2011/2012
02 GS & 08 WR250
I know violence isn't the answer. I got it wrong on purpose.
Flys Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:25 AM   #615
b0mb3r
Old Git
 
b0mb3r's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Sunshine Coast QLD
Oddometer: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxbrit View Post
You better hold on tight and not slip off the back of that seat!
it couldnt' pull the skin off a rice pudding
__________________


White pig

b0mb3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014