Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #1816
Lulu7404
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post
we can make you a firmer one if you like!

Bundy

Thanks for the PM Bundy. It shows you stand behind your product and are willing to make things right if needed. I wrote you back that a buddy just ordered the standard foam kit for his 06 450 EXC and I will hop on that once it is installed and see if I like the soft or firm foam better. I do like the extra knee relief, but the height did make it challenging to get on bike a few times in some off road situations. If this seat was firm and didn't sink as much when I sat on it, I don't know if I could use it, with a 30" inseam.

Thanks again for the offer.

Brad
Lulu7404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #1817
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
what are you getting the vibrations from? scalloped tires?

I suppose, don't really know. I just know it was driving me crazy, and was only on the right side. Took me a while to track it down though, and it was loud enough I thought something was really loose up front.

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #1818
ABYSS
KTM

Oddometer: 1,198
me to

Quote:
The mirrors are part of the highway dirtbikes.com system. They are designed specifically to work with the hand guards that have a built in pivot point for the mirror. There is no point in buying the mirror if you dont have the system as you won't have a way to mount it. The system is designed to work together and they work great! (I have them on 5 of my bikes... Love 'em)

If you break a mirror you just buy another mirrior... No big deal... But you'll have to get lucky to break one... I cartwheeled my bike in the rocks during our night ride tonight on a crazy steep descent with a flat front tire. My plastics are scratched all to hell but the hand guards (and the rally tree) all came out fine even with the bike resting upside down on them

Only thing that sucked is I shredded my favorite jersey as I tumbled ass over teakettle down the hill

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

a few week back I got side swiped by a deer in the woods knocked me off the bike like a fly swatter. the only damage was one fo the HWDB plastic guards was torn off. the Mirror just folded in the incident and wasnt even scratched.

these things are the absolute best guards there are, you will find NOTHING andI mean nothing stronger or better quality
ABYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #1819
500excguy
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote from HARCUS ""We need to make a plug for the hole in the cylinder. For that we need a 12 mm x 1.75 bolt about .80 in (20 mm) long. I found a slightly longer bolt at my Ace Hardware & cut it to the noted length. If you do need to cut it, be sure to deburr the end cleanly so as to not damage the threads in the head. It looks like this...""

The thread pitch on my 2013 500exc is 1.50, not 1.75....

Blaisracing makes a block off kit with full instructions.

Here is a link:

http://blaisracingservices.com/KTM/K...prod_1072.html

Cheers,

Paul
500excguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #1820
helotaxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500excguy View Post
Blaisracing makes a block off kit with full instructions.

Here is a link:

http://blaisracingservices.com/KTM/K...prod_1072.html
Not to berate those guys, but I used all KTM parts on the engine itself and a Moose Racing tank breather filter for $20. Look at the fiche for the XC-W to find the block off plugs/bolts and copper washers.
helotaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #1821
ABYSS
KTM

Riddle me this

Why are you guys doing this the hard way. You are making way to much out of it. just goto your dealer and order the parts for a XCW and install them and be done with it.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #1822
helotaxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABYSS View Post
Why are you guys doing this the hard way. You are making way to much out of it. just goto your dealer and order the parts for a XCW and install them and be done with it.
That's exactly what I said. It was easier for me to order mine rather than go to the dealer though because the closest dealer is 80 miles away. Cost me more in gas than the parts cost.
helotaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #1823
Hukamosh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
smog

Quote:
All the parts for de smog came in the ktm briefcase that came w/ my exc.
Hukamosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #1824
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by hukamosh View Post
all the parts for de smog came in the ktm briefcase that came w/ my exc.
x2

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #1825
Lulu7404
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
what are you getting the vibrations from? scalloped tires?
alpine loop, corkscrew gulch, hurricane pass... my metzlers have 900 miles on them and this is off road slow speed not on road high speed vibs. May even be vibs from motor. Will tighten up the screws again and see if it helps.. Didn't really know how tight to make them, the little washer was already starting to buckle into the plastic by the nut

I may need to work on my suspension setting a bit too. I was getting quite a bit of deflection off the rocks on those trails...

**I know ABYSS, I need to take it to Brian at SMS...** haha filling my piggy bank as we speak for a good re-valve job. But these trips to Colorado take a toll on the farkle account.

When I get some of my GoPro video's that have it audible uploaded, I will post up. And good idea putting the foam on the guard instead of the mirror Steve.
Lulu7404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #1826
ABYSS
KTM

Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by helotaxi View Post
That's exactly what I said. It was easier for me to order mine rather than go to the dealer though because the closest dealer is 80 miles away. Cost me more in gas than the parts cost.

Niot tryiong to upstg anyone. My point was instead of riggin just get the exact parts.

I have a XCW. And don't have these challanges
Old 07-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #1827
ABYSS
KTM

I didn't day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu7404 View Post
alpine loop, corkscrew gulch, hurricane pass... my metzlers have 900 miles on them and this is off road slow speed not on road high speed vibs. May even be vibs from motor. Will tighten up the screws again and see if it helps.. Didn't really know how tight to make them, the little washer was already starting to buckle into the plastic by the nut

I may need to work on my suspension setting a bit too. I was getting quite a bit of deflection off the rocks on those trails...

**I know ABYSS, I need to take it to Brian at SMS...** haha filling my piggy bank as we speak for a good re-valve job. But these trips to Colorado take a toll on the farkle account.

When I get some of my GoPro video's that have it audible uploaded, I will post up. And good idea putting the foam on the guard instead of the mirror Steve.
A word. even after suspension work you will still need to take it out and adjust everything for your Enviorment & Style

I noticed some deflection on the mirror too when stowed I have already modded and the minor annyance is gone.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #1828
AussieClay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
not true
Didn't think so....
AussieClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #1829
AussieClay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Now that I think about it.. didn't I do a full review of this in this thread back when I installed it?

edit: check this out - start reading at post # 5.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773406

Hope this helps
Appreciate the info Geek. I hadn't seen your build write up.... nice work!
AussieClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #1830
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Now that I think about it.. didn't I do a full review of this in this thread back when I installed it?

edit: check this out - start reading at post # 5.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773406

Hope this helps
Its a great looking setup!

Does it bring the handlebar mounting position back towards the rider, or are the risers offset to counteract that ?

I note the scotts submount with triple clamp positions the handlebar equivalent to position #3 of the stock adjustments, citing thats the most popular position.

I ask the question because if you're tall, you want the bars higher, but not back towards you.
bill1960 is online now   Reply With Quote