Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #2311
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1960 View Post

Been trying to get my hands on one for over 4 months, but they have been out of stock. I emailed them about a week ago and they are hopeing to have some out in a month but have been having some production issues with the manufacturer in china. They have told me they should have some ready in a month for 4 months now. If and when I get my hands on one I will report on it.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #2312
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,337
Love the idea, but looks like they only come in 41, 45 & 50T?
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #2313
ABYSS
KTM

Oddometer: 1,198
I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
Can't find an EXC or XCW 500 for a decent price (anything less than full retail), the local dealer has made me a "good deal" for a 2013 XCW 450.

There are plenty of XCW 500's in Western Washington, I guess the dealerships want to make all of their money on this one bike.

Some guys have been sitting on them for more than a month now.
god forbid that you pay what everyone else pays...
ABYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #2314
ABYSS
KTM

my 2 cents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifdickerson2006 View Post
Been trying to get my hands on one for over 4 months, but they have been out of stock. I emailed them about a week ago and they are hopeing to have some out in a month but have been having some production issues with the manufacturer in china. They have told me they should have some ready in a month for 4 months now. If and when I get my hands on one I will report on it.

the retention mechanism for the cush sprocket isnt perfected. a buddy of mine has had flex issues.Stick with a cush drive its more exensive but proven system
Old 09-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #2315
trailjammer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifdickerson2006 View Post
My cousins dualsport business is http://www.familyoffroadadventures.com/ this is just a side business for my family we do it for fun and if it makes a little money thats fine too.I have always been an offroad rider. started riding when I was 5yrs old, a few years back started getting into riding a little street riding in the summers just cause its so dry and hot where I live. I picked up a ducati monster and loved it, it actually helped me with soe of my offroad riding and vise versa. a couple years ago I got into dual sporting so I could ride more with my family instead of just offroad. so when the 500 came out i sold my Monster, my Atk ds, my klx 650 r ds, ktm 453 and bought the 500 with a sumo set up and dirt set up. takes a half hr to make it a street bike and it is very fun, in the tight twisties it would kick my ducatis ass.
That's cool. So Lawrence Borgens is your cousin? I did that adventure ride last year. It's a lot of fun. Not that difficult, but the snow was a lot of fun to play in and the scenery around Yosemite is great. I can't make it this year though. Fiance's bday got me staying home. lol I sent Lawrence a message via his FB page a couple weeks ago. I want to donate a Trailjammer Designs KTM Exhaust Heat Shield for his Raffle. I never heard back from him. By the way, that raffle is awesome. Lots of great product. If you talk to him, send him my way so I can get him one for his raffle. I make them for '07-'11 and all the 2012-2013 KTMs. Check 'em out. sorry. shameless plug. www.facebook.com/trailjammer408. k. Thanks! I'll try calling him too, again.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #2316
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABYSS View Post
god forbid that you pay what everyone else pays...
If I were to believe what the dealers are telling me...

Sales suck.
They can't move product.

So if sales are that bad and you can't move product you sell at MSRP to make that extra $500.

There are no KTM 500's in Washington state, "I" have the only one left, they are hard to find.

Riiight, I found 12 in the state, one dealership has 4 in stock.

KTM is discounting their 2012's to the tune of about $1000 on average.

Is it really that hard to knock a couple hundred dollars off the price of a 2013?

Last year I bought the last 2011 KTM XCW 300 in Western Washington for $1000 under MSRP.

Yet this year the same dealer won't budge on one of his two XCW500's or his EXC500.

I know what my friends paid for their 500's and it was nowhere near MSRP.
Of course they bought them before everyone know how good they really are.

If my local dealership had any 500's I could get a deal.

Finally, one of the dealers called me up yesterday and offered me an XCW 500 for MSRP minus freight and setup, plus he's willing to give me a few more dollars for my 530 as a trade (since here in Washington you get a break on sales tax based on the trade in value of the vehicle).

If I were to have bought a 2012 when they hit the sales floor I would not expect a deal, however, KTM is selling 2013 models, the bike has been out for two years now.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #2317
ABYSS
KTM

Just pulling your chain man

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
If I were to believe what the dealers are telling me...

Sales suck.
They can't move product.

So if sales are that bad and you can't move product you sell at MSRP to make that extra $500.

There are no KTM 500's in Washington state, "I" have the only one left, they are hard to find.

Riiight, I found 12 in the state, one dealership has 4 in stock.

KTM is discounting their 2012's to the tune of about $1000 on average.

Is it really that hard to knock a couple hundred dollars off the price of a 2013?

Last year I bought the last 2011 KTM XCW 300 in Western Washington for $1000 under MSRP.

Yet this year the same dealer won't budge on one of his two XCW500's or his EXC500.

I know what my friends paid for their 500's and it was nowhere near MSRP.
Of course they bought them before everyone know how good they really are.

If my local dealership had any 500's I could get a deal.

Finally, one of the dealers called me up yesterday and offered me an XCW 500 for MSRP minus freight and setup, plus he's willing to give me a few more dollars for my 530 as a trade (since here in Washington you get a break on sales tax based on the trade in value of the vehicle).

If I were to have bought a 2012 when they hit the sales floor I would not expect a deal, however, KTM is selling 2013 models, the bike has been out for two years now.

while it is true they have been out for awhile the dealers down here cant keep them on the floor, My local dealer has a waiting list for all of his 500 XCW stock what ever he can find the problem is the guys that still have them are in areas where they cant get full boat pricing but that is what they want since the more populated areas are gettng it tey want here peice of the pie. .

I paid what my dealer was asking and I have been riding one and others havent. It boils down to how bad do you want it and do you want to watch from the side lines or be in the ride. I opted for being in the ride rather than the vulture sitting onthe tree branch trying to get every morsel I can. truth be told I dont regret my decision a single minute. My XCW has surpassed the press and the hype and I am loving it.

best of luck to you sir
Old 09-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #2318
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,364
Replaced my stock rear with a Dunlop MX51. It's slightly larger and not DOT but it sure looks nasty. I got about 1300 miles and 75 hours out of my stocker. I think the new bike learning curve contributed to it's fast demise .

I'll take it for a proper rip this weekend and see how it does in the Florida sand.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #2319
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailjammer View Post
That's cool. So Lawrence Borgens is your cousin? I did that adventure ride last year. It's a lot of fun. Not that difficult, but the snow was a lot of fun to play in and the scenery around Yosemite is great. I can't make it this year though. Fiance's bday got me staying home. lol I sent Lawrence a message via his FB page a couple weeks ago. I want to donate a Trailjammer Designs KTM Exhaust Heat Shield for his Raffle. I never heard back from him. By the way, that raffle is awesome. Lots of great product. If you talk to him, send him my way so I can get him one for his raffle. I make them for '07-'11 and all the 2012-2013 KTMs. Check 'em out. sorry. shameless plug. www.facebook.com/trailjammer408. k. Thanks! I'll try calling him too, again.
No, not to difficult but the scenery is very nice, with me living 4 hrs away its nice to meet up with them and ride and help out, and the raffle is very cool.I will call him and send him your way asap. it will probably be my Aunt Janet who calls she is the one who handles all the raffle stuff. Hope to see ya there next time. And I will check out the heat shields thats probably the one thing I do not have on my bike, was just gonna wait for the stock one to break but it seems to be holding up well.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #2320
Stu
Buffo Maximus

Oddometer: 894
Dunlop MX31s

I put MX 31s on my 500. At 110/90 they sling sideways a lot. Great for mud. I think I will go back to MX51s.

The JD Jetting Tumer 6X works great. I had to back off of the suggested setting for the accelerator pump to keep it from suddenly stalling out at low RPMs. It is worth the money.

Stu
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #2321
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABYSS View Post
while it is true they have been out for awhile the dealers down here cant keep them on the floor, My local dealer has a waiting list for all of his 500 XCW stock what ever he can find the problem is the guys that still have them are in areas where they cant get full boat pricing but that is what they want since the more populated areas are gettng it tey want here peice of the pie. .

I paid what my dealer was asking and I have been riding one and others havent. It boils down to how bad do you want it and do you want to watch from the side lines or be in the ride. I opted for being in the ride rather than the vulture sitting onthe tree branch trying to get every morsel I can. truth be told I dont regret my decision a single minute. My XCW has surpassed the press and the hype and I am loving it.

best of luck to you sir
I still have a 2011 XCW 300 and a 2010 EXC 530 to ride, so I am far from "sitting on the sidelines".
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #2322
Bartron
Bike Punisher

Oddometer: 693
Has anyone installed either the Kriega rear haul loop or the new alloy/web loop inserts into their fenders? I'm looking for creative ideas about placement.

==================================
:: Furious Basterds: Velox, Vehemens, Oblivio
::
:: "For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible. For those who do, none is necessary."
Bartron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #2323
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Universal thin switch wireing picture

Here are some pictures I took of how the wireing should be from the universal thin switch housing I bought from HDB/Tusk brand. I did not splice into the wires themselves but used the plug from the oem switch and added new bullets connectors and here is how it should look. If any one needs further info please let me know. Please understand I am by no means good with electrical stuff but I thought it would be nice to post this pic for other people possibly in the same situation. The black wire (ground) loops back into the lower last position of the plug.

In order LT to RT Top to Bottom
1.white 2.black 3.solid blue
4.blue w/white stripe 5.green 6. black loop from #2

Stifdickerson2006 screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 12:59 PM Reason: better descrption
Stifdickerson2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #2324
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu View Post
Replaced my stock rear with a Dunlop MX51. It's slightly larger and not DOT but it sure looks nasty. I got about 1300 miles and 75 hours out of my stocker. I think the new bike learning curve contributed to it's fast demise .

I'll take it for a proper rip this weekend and see how it does in the Florida sand.
I was never a big dunlop fan until I tried the mx 51, I really like that tire, it is pretty predictable. after my last set of mx 51's I tried the Motoz Tires IT Tractionator and am now onto the same tire but DOT and for my riding style you get the same if not better tractability better predictability , last way longer and you can run higher air pressure but still get the feel of lower air pressure with less risk of pinching a tube, very easy to put on due to the natural rubber used and the cost is about the same. Here is a picture of my set with about 100 miles on them 25 of it in very deep river bed sand at high speeds.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #2325
Stu
Buffo Maximus

Oddometer: 894
Bikes

Nice Turnip back there! I rode one coast to coast and up into Canada in '64. Only one Joe Lucas episode.

Stu
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote