Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #2926
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss314 View Post
Wonder what happened during your install?....just measured mine and it is at 8 1/2".

Hands down the best seat right out of the box. I have them on three of my bikes...a must have upgrade same as a stabalizer in my opinion.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Here is my brand new out of the box Seat Concepts "complete seat".

This is the factory made one they ship to you that they build. It is standard height. Carbon sides. Gripper top:

Informal "squeeze test" - I squeezed with my thumb until I could feel the seat pan:

vs. the stock seat:

Fit is perfect... just like the stock pan

Profile:

Top shape:

Right side:

Left side:

Pretty much the same thickness as stock - it is wider at the back than stock but not by a lot.
The big difference is the foam density.. only a ride will tell whether it works for my arse or not.
Hopefully I can sneak out for a few hours tomorrow before the snowstorm arrives this weekend.

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #2927
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Here is my brand new out of the box Seat Concepts "complete seat".

This is the factory made one they ship to you that they build. It is standard height. Carbon sides. Gripper top:

Pretty much the same thickness as stock - it is wider at the back than stock but not by a lot.
The big difference is the foam density.. only a ride will tell whether it works for my arse or not.
Hopefully I can sneak out for a few hours tomorrow before the snowstorm arrives this weekend.

Yep, 7 1/2" wide, same measurement that I got. Its a quality product but not wide enough for me .Easily modified though.
Look fwd to your ride review.
bill1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #2928
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1960 View Post
Yep, 7 1/2" wide, same measurement that I got. Its a quality product but not wide enough for me .Easily modified though.
Look fwd to your ride review.
Just installed mine, and it measured 7.5 across.

Garrett
Old 12-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #2929
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett View Post
Just installed mine, and it measured 7.5 across.

Garrett
Anyone try the +1" seat yet?
I just brought my 350EXC home today and I am already tired of the 2X4 they call a seat.

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #2930
The Rizz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Geek, granite workbench in the garage?? Damn, jigga.

Sold, stolen, or totalled: 2004 525 EXC, 2009 Street Triple, 2005.5 950 Adventure, 2003 DRZ400e, 2000 DR650, 2004 KLR650, 2003 DRZ400s, 2002 DRZ400s, 2003 FZ1, 1998 VFR800, 1996 Ninja 250 race bike, 2000 TL1000R, 2000 ZR7.
The Rizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #2931
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,013
Yeah

One of my clients is an interior decorator and she was redoing her kitchen - she offered me some of her counter tops so I took a big piece made a toolbox mid-shelf.

Fooker is heavy!

I'm planning to redo the entire garage in steal. All the workbenches will be stainless and all cabinets 18 gauge.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #2932
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoilSampleDave View Post
I just brought my 350EXC home today and I am already tired of the 2X4 they call a seat.
This is my 4th SeatConcepts seat so I'm not concerned about it's comfort. Haven't had a chance to try it yet as I haven't been on the bike since I bought it. Work and weather...weather and work... I'm installing studded tires soon so hopefully I'll get out and have some fun.

Garrett
Old 12-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #2933
kbear
Mudbiker

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
I bought the +1" seat for my 500 EXC, with the anti-skid cover. I found it way too tall for me. I have a 34in. inseam. I found I could barely swing my leg over the seat and I had difficulty touching the ground when in nasty terrain. Some of that was due to the anti-skid cover. It was very comfortable once on the bike and riding, but if I had to put my foot down for balance I was in trouble. So, I went and bought the standard height seat and I find it just as comfortable as the high one, and much more comfortable than the stock seat, due to it's additional width and firmness.
kbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #2934
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Yeah

One of my clients is an interior decorator and she was redoing her kitchen - she offered me some of her counter tops so I took a big piece made a toolbox mid-shelf.

Fooker is heavy!

I'm planning to redo the entire garage in steal. All the workbenches will be stainless and all cabinets 18 gauge.
I was half expecting you to say: Garage? That's my kitchen!
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #2935
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
I bought the +1" seat for my 500 EXC, with the anti-skid cover. I found it way too tall for me. I have a 34in. inseam. I found I could barely swing my leg over the seat and I had difficulty touching the ground when in nasty terrain. Some of that was due to the anti-skid cover. It was very comfortable once on the bike and riding, but if I had to put my foot down for balance I was in trouble. So, I went and bought the standard height seat and I find it just as comfortable as the high one, and much more comfortable than the stock seat, due to it's additional width and firmness.
Yeah, it's always a struggle to decide which is worse; knees that hurt from being bent to less than a 90 degree angle or the struggle to get a leg over a tall seat and touch the ground. Lowering the footpegs would be better, but I haven't seen an option to do that on these bikes. I have a 33-1/2 inseam and I am already having trouble getting a leg over the seat. But, I have the static sag jacked up because I need the next stiffer spring. I thought I might get enough drop to go with the +1 seat once I can set the sag properly. Based on your email, it isn't sounding very likely. Did you buy complete seats or just a foam? Did you already sell off the +1 version?

'13 350EXC-F
Old 12-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #2936
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone have a good suggestion to get the bars a little farther forward? I have them in the fourth position and it is better, but need #5...or maybe #6!
TIA

'13 350EXC-F
Old 12-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #2937
soutahduner
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Anyone have a good suggestion to get the bars a little farther forward? I have them in the fourth position and it is better, but need #5...or maybe #6!
TIA
rox risers
http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/ca...ublabel_id=324
soutahduner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #2938
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Yeah, it's always a struggle to decide which is worse; knees that hurt from being bent to less than a 90 degree angle or the struggle to get a leg over a tall seat and touch the ground. Lowering the footpegs would be better, but I haven't seen an option to do that on these bikes.
There's 3 options that I know of

http://www.ktm.com/service/catalogue...rts2013us.html

scroll down to bottom left of webpage, enter page 66.

or

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog...Path=23_99_106
bill1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #2939
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,334
Quote:
TIA
How tall are you? Moving the bars up is a lot different than moving them forward, which is going to affect the way the bike handles/steers (will make it twitchy).
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #2940
wvridgerider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 540
Turbo

Not sure if this was posted but saw it over on TT. http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/s...82#post3202382
wvridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote