Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #3466
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1960 View Post
For a 2013 500 xcw

Will the HDB (HighwayDirtBike) topclamp for the OEM perches fit the BRP rubber mounted submount ?

http://www.brpmoto.com/products?page...tegory_id=1208

With the brp rubber-mounted submount fitted, how high can the forks be raised in the triple clamps. I read somewhere there's less clearance compared to the OEM perches.
I am 6'1" and that was not a concern of mine but here is a pic of unit on my 500. you can see that it does hamper the upward movement of the forks if you need to bring them up. Besides that, I love the rubber mount and it works great.I have no head shake or roughness on the road with knobbies but I also use a steering stabilizer.

I also use the hdb set up with it and love it.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #3467
Nomad
High Speed Low Drag

Oddometer: 250
I installed a powerlet in my HDB setup this weekend...charges everything I need, this thing is awesome!

oh and here's a comparison between the stock seat foam and the Seat Concepts seat. i really didn't mind the stock seat but it did get pretty old on the long days of riding. The SC seat is a great improvement.

Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #3468
Wentjo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
Filter sock

I have the 2.9 gal Acerbis tank on my bike and was wondering if anybody knew who makes a filter sock that fits in that hole? It's about 2 1/8" inside diameter.
Wentjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #3469
Saltydog86
village idiot

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentjo View Post
I have the 2.9 gal Acerbis tank on my bike and was wondering if anybody knew who makes a filter sock that fits in that hole? It's about 2 1/8" inside diameter.

I'm going to tailgate this question with another....

Anybody know if the Acerbis 2.9 will fit with Enduro Engineering radiator braces installed?
05 Yamaha XT225
03 Honda Goldwing GL1800
Saltydog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #3470
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
I have the Acerbis 3 gal on my 500 xcw

Just fitted the the Profill sock Pt no. #ACE0001

http://www.profill-australia.com/e-store/STORE.html

There's a thread on KTMtalk about it

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=468480&st=30
bill1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #3471
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifdickerson2006 View Post
I am 6'1" and that was not a concern of mine but here is a pic of unit on my 500. you can see that it does hamper the upward movement of the forks if you need to bring them up. Besides that, I love the rubber mount and it works great.I have no head shake or roughness on the road with knobbies but I also use a steering stabilizer.

I also use the hdb set up with it and love it.

Thx for that info
My HDB topclamp has the powerlet and BD ignition switch mounted the same as Nomad's.
Going by your pic, it looks like those switches will clear the submount and Scotts damper ?
What do you reckon is the maximum the forks can protrude above the triple clamp with the rubber submount ?
Looks like about 10mm from your pics ?
Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #3472
Nomad
High Speed Low Drag

Oddometer: 250
Quote:

good info man! I was pretty bummed when my ktm sock wouldn't fit my acerbis tank and have been looking for something that works.

Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #3473
Wentjo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

Thanks for the info, just order one.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #3474
Wentjo
Gnarly Adventurer

Head light switch

Does anybody know if I can get a switch to turn off my headlight when I don't need it? I saw one from Sicass that looked like it had low/high and off on it but I'm not sure.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #3475
GS eh!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Sicass Switch

Quote:
Does anybody know if I can get a switch to turn off my headlight when I don't need it? I saw one from Sicass that looked like it had low/high and off on it but I'm not sure.
The Sicass Switch has a proper off position, as well as an indicator light for high beam and signals.

This one.

http://sicassracing.com/store/produc...ion_bar_switch
GS eh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #3476
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Thx for that info
My HDB topclamp has the powerlet and BD ignition switch mounted the same as Nomad's.
Going by your pic, it looks like those switches will clear the submount and Scotts damper ?
What do you reckon is the maximum the forks can protrude above the triple clamp with the rubber submount ?
Looks like about 10mm from your pics ?
Just measured it. 12.5mm from top of fork clamp to rubber sub mount. And your switches should clear.worst case you would have to buy the slimmer sicass ignition switch.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #3477
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
FTB

Pity the mapping on our bikes couldn't be adjusted with the User Setting Tool. Instead, we have to get a dealer to remap with the XC1 tool and there's only the one map upgrade (EU map) that I know of.
I note Aussieclay reckons the AP function on the JD tuner helped alleviate the hesitation you speak of.
I wonder how the range of adjustment from the JD tuner on our bikes compares to bikes with ECU's that are compatible with the UST ?

Re bike geometry, I'm running 115mm rear sag with the X bushing lowering the rear 14mm and forks raised slightly in the clamps.
In other words, the rear sits around 12mm - 1/2" lower than stock in relation to the front.
For dualsport riding I find this adds stability with no noticeable (to me) downside.
I did try 120-125mm rear sag on the 500, but like you with your 525, I found it made the rear suspension feel harsh.
Ultimately, I would like the rear lowered 1" and front around 1/2" but this can wait until a shock rebuild is due, ie internal spacer and re-valve.

That sheathing for the FI hose was something I had lying around from another bike. Don't know where to buy it unfortunately.

Regarding the JD Tuner I exhanged emails with a tuner (well known in KTM circles for modified motors) and he says on his Dyno runs he's found better numbers soley going with the EU map, the JD Tuner gave him sub par numbers. Though something as subtle as off idle response like Aussie Clay mentioned may not even show up on a dyno run so it may indeed be beneficial for that matter.

Now that I spent the money on reburning the EXC map with the competition map, in hindsight thinking I should have just paid for an SXF ECU that takes programming input.

Good to hear the bike is handling well with your chassis set-up numbers. In regards to the lines showing on the top of the fork tubes above the triple clamps where are your fork tubes set? Next step is to take a file to the shock mounts and install the X bushing.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #3478
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
Regarding the JD Tuner I exhanged emails with a tuner (well known in KTM circles for modified motors) and he says on his Dyno runs he's found better numbers soley going with the EU map, the JD Tuner gave him sub par numbers. Though something as subtle as off idle response like Aussie Clay mentioned may not even show up on a dyno run so it may indeed be beneficial for that matter.

Now that I spent the money on reburning the EXC map with the competition map, in hindsight thinking I should have just paid for an SXF ECU that takes programming input.

Good to hear the bike is handling well with your chassis set-up numbers. In regards to the lines showing on the top of the fork tubes above the triple clamps where are your fork tubes set? Next step is to take a file to the shock mounts and install the X bushing.
5mm top of fork cap to surface of triple clamp.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #3479
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifdickerson2006 View Post
Just measured it. 12.5mm from top of fork clamp to rubber sub mount. And your switches should clear.worst case you would have to buy the slimmer sicass ignition switch.
Ok, 12mm should be enough if/when the need arises.

Re the switch clearances, I'll email Paul and see if he can confirm.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #3480
boostracer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
You can just put a switch in the wire to headlight. That's what I did with mine & wired the small bulb in the light to the hot side of the toggle so it's on all the time, (for the daytime run requirement if it applies).
boostracer is offline   Reply With Quote