ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 04:04 AM   #3706
Johnnyktm
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Spain
Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzedf View Post
Picked up my 2013 today!
Congratulations, and enjoy the new bike!!!!
Johnnyktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #3707
Dirty in all
Adrenaline Junkie
 
Dirty in all's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Connecticut
Oddometer: 168
I got them online @ ktm-parts. They are DNA black hoops with orange hubs, the orange striping is home depot electrical tape. Been looking for a paint scheme and thats my test run. Kind of matches the stock theme but I havent decided if I'm gonna commit to paint yet.
Dirty in all is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #3708
gplassm
Studly Adventurer
 
gplassm's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Western Mass
Oddometer: 579
Shrouds

Just a quick question here: I cracked a radiator shroud shortly after I picked up me bike. It seems a small log kicked up and smacked the left side shroud.

Are Acerbis or Polysport shrouds any less brittle than the OEM ones?

An OEM set of shrouds runs around $70, but they come with the OEM graphics. Aftermarket shrouds will need graphics, and I do not see the OEM graphics for sale separately, so I would need to buy a set of graphics as well, if I go that route.
__________________
Street bikes for the street. Dirt bikes for the dirt. Let's keep it that way.
gplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #3709
Colemanfu
King of all manfu
 
Colemanfu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: DAYTONA USA
Oddometer: 3,280
I have a set of stockers if ya want em - just pay to ship.
Should be in almost perfect condition - replaced em with black as soon as I got the bike.

Here is a pix - before I yanked em. Now they are collecting dust in the shed.


Funny to see the bike so new looking - I also must have been in the process of blacking out the tank - the top 1/3 is still white?

As she sits now......
__________________
Guns keep society safe.

Colemanfu screwed with this post 04-05-2013 at 06:34 AM
Colemanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #3710
gplassm
Studly Adventurer
 
gplassm's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Western Mass
Oddometer: 579
Wow. That is very nice of you! I will PM you...
__________________
Street bikes for the street. Dirt bikes for the dirt. Let's keep it that way.
gplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #3711
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer
 
wsmc831's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Central Oregon
Oddometer: 568
Colemanfum, is that seat concepts standard height seat?

Have one on my 690 enduro and really like it, but am gaining a 500exc next month and wondering how people like the tall version, I've always used EE tall soft but think I'll go with SC for this bike.
__________________
1290, April delivery
97 TL1000S
2010 690 EnduroR
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #3712
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,534
Pensacola Area Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu View Post
As she sits now......
Next time you pass through the panhandle area give us a shout. We have some great riding (for florida) and about 5 new 2012/13 in the group.

I know a ridge where I can get you to almost 300 ft elevation!

Enjoy your post ...
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #3713
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Santa Paula, CA
Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmc831 View Post
Colemanfum, is that seat concepts standard height seat?

Have one on my 690 enduro and really like it, but am gaining a 500exc next month and wondering how people like the tall version, I've always used EE tall soft but think I'll go with SC for this bike.
I would love to hear your comparison of both bikes. I have been struggling with which one to get, but now leaning towards the 500 EXC...
Humanbeingexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #3714
Colemanfu
King of all manfu
 
Colemanfu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: DAYTONA USA
Oddometer: 3,280
G - biker carma, no worries but let me know if you did not get my PM. Sometimes our work filter is not a fan of me goofing off . Shit, Nomad gave me one of his rear turns for my little TW last week. This site is great for stuff like that. Lurkers take note!

wsm - just the regular replacement from SC - nothing special other than me cutting off the tag to clean up the look.

Vico - was going to Tree Man last month but the draw of Bike Week kept me in town. I'll be sure to let ya know when I do make "out west". Next trip is with Pete (LXIV Dragon) who goes to TM - going up to Murphy NC and the Dirty Beaver in a few weeks.

Action shot from last week up in VA.

Yes the light works I just turn it off in an effort to save the bulb (on my 3rd????)
__________________
Guns keep society safe.
Colemanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #3715
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: The Delta Ghetto, GA (aka PTC)
Oddometer: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by gplassm View Post
Wow. That is very nice of you! I will PM you...
Hey! I need a RH shroud! How about if I pay for Colemanfu to ship them to me, and then I'll ship the LH on to you? You get the LH one for free, not even shipping! Will PM as well.
__________________
Machete don't text!

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #3716
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: The Delta Ghetto, GA (aka PTC)
Oddometer: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmc831 View Post
Colemanfum, is that seat concepts standard height seat?

Have one on my 690 enduro and really like it, but am gaining a 500exc next month and wondering how people like the tall version, I've always used EE tall soft but think I'll go with SC for this bike.
I went with the Seat Concepts standard seat on my mine and I absolutely love it! best aftermarket seat I have ever had. I went with the all carbon fiber (no gripper) and I swear it has eliminated monkey butt. I think the gripper seats I had been using were part of the problem. I am 6' tall and usually go with a tall seat, but didn't want to make it any harder to touch the ground. So, i got Pivot Pegz and reversed them before mounting to give me another 12mm of seat to footpeg distance.
__________________
Machete don't text!

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #3717
Nomad
High Speed Low Drag
 
Nomad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu View Post
G - biker carma, no worries but let me know if you did not get my PM. Sometimes our work filter is not a fan of me goofing off . Shit, Nomad gave me one of his rear turns for my little TW last week. This site is great for stuff like that. Lurkers take note!

wsm - just the regular replacement from SC - nothing special other than me cutting off the tag to clean up the look.

Vico - was going to Tree Man last month but the draw of Bike Week kept me in town. I'll be sure to let ya know when I do make "out west". Next trip is with Pete (LXIV Dragon) who goes to TM - going up to Murphy NC and the Dirty Beaver in a few weeks.

Action shot from last week up in VA.

Yes the light works I just turn it off in an effort to save the bulb (on my 3rd????)
Murphy NC?! a really good friend of mine owns an outdoor store downtown Murphy called Appalachian Outfitters. do me a favor and stop by to have a look around if you have time, Ron the owner is one really cool dude. If you do get the chance let him know chad says hey and make sure he tells you a joke. he knows about a million.
__________________
2012 KTM 500 EXC
NON SEMPER ERIT AESTAS
www.motoex.org


Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #3718
Lulu7404
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Just north of Big D
Oddometer: 265
kickstand woes

Any of you guys that have a set of 17" wheels have to replace or cut down your kickstand? It lowered the bike so much that I can flat foot it with a 30" inseam. But if I walk away with the kickstand down and the wind blows it wants to go over on the right side.
Comments or suggestions welcome.

ps I have a seat concepts tall that I have been meaning to list on here. I ended up swapping it out for their regular height. It was super comfortable, but with the above mentioned inseam, was a bit too much to overcome in difficult terrain. Anyone interested $100 shipped CONUS. Shoot me a PM.
__________________
13 KTM 350XCF-W -- new hotness
13 KTM 250XCF-W -- hers
Lulu7404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #3719
E-Ticket2
E-Ticket
 
E-Ticket2's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu7404 View Post
Any of you guys that have a set of 17" wheels have to replace or cut down your kickstand? It lowered the bike so much that I can flat foot it with a 30" inseam. But if I walk away with the kickstand down and the wind blows it wants to go over on the right side.
Comments or suggestions welcome.

ps I have a seat concepts tall that I have been meaning to list on here. I ended up swapping it out for their regular height. It was super comfortable, but with the above mentioned inseam, was a bit too much to overcome in difficult terrain. Anyone interested $100 shipped CONUS. Shoot me a PM.
The wife is 5'2" ... so we have to cut down *every* kickstand after lowering her scoots.
Out best luck has been with carefully measuring how much to remove, prying out the plastic foot, cleaning everything up, and being able to insert the plastic foot back into the end of the kickstand leg.

Now! YMMV, as the kickstand leg is tapered ... not completely hollow.
It really comes down to careful measurements, cutting *once,* and then doing what ever is necessary from that point on.

Good luck! - ET
__________________
"... AYHIN ...."

Mine: '12 KTM 350 EXC-F; '99 Honda VFR 800i Interceptor
Wife: '08 KTM 250 XCF-W; '04 Honda CBR600 F4i
E-Ticket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #3720
Colemanfu
King of all manfu
 
Colemanfu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: DAYTONA USA
Oddometer: 3,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu7404 View Post
Comments or suggestions welcome.
Yea, stands pretty much upright with those little wheels. Lean it against something. Or put the back tire on a little piece of wood to get it up in the air some.
__________________
Guns keep society safe.
Colemanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014