User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #1321
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,314
master leaner

JP - I just lean mine ha but go in your tool box and get your favorite BFH and give it a good wack. I bet it pops right off.

Went for a ride yesterday morning along the Tomoka basin. I added the 10mm riser to the mix and moved the bars to the forward most hole. Now running all 3 EE riser pieces. Just about maxed out the throttle cables but much more comfortable in the seat and standing up. A must do for any 6 foot+ rider.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:02 AM   #1322
Hukamosh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
supermoto set up

Lulu, check ktmtalk for supermoto set up. I think I saw a set.
Hukamosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #1323
Davonat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
My 500

Looks like I got the pics to work finally....For a complete list of add-ons for this BAD BOY....... See post #1198.

Looks like my hurt rib is going to keep me out of the Loose Moose Enduro our club is sponsoring up in the U.P. of Michigan on the 9th&10th of June I woulda taken my class easy....... Oh well...... I will be all better for our trip To Colorado in July. Hope you like the pics...... Keep the seat side up & happy landings Davo www.upsandstormers.com

Davonat screwed with this post 05-30-2012 at 06:08 PM
Davonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #1324
Davonat
Adventurer

Old 05-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #1325
Davonat
Adventurer

Old 05-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #1326
jtmajors
OCD with motorcycles

Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308 Sniper View Post
OK,
I put a deposit on a 2013 KTM 500 EXC around 2 weeks ago. When are they scheduled for delivery to the US? The dealer says anytime between June and August. I need this bike now and am drooling over pics and vids. Great info guys. Now I need to save up more money to properly outfit it. This will be my first new bike purchase. Kinda sucks that I will have to upgrade it from the beginning just to make it run right, but I do know that it'll be worth it.
Thanks

Oh, and btw I had to redefine my bike collection to be able to afford this. I just sold my 03 CBR600RR and have for sale my 02 KTM 640 LC4 enduro which it will be replacing. It took about a month for me to pull the trigger, but I know it'll be worth it after riding a 2012 500 around a month or so ago.
I'm in the market for a new 500, too. Sold two bikes to get ready to buy this one. Any reason you are planning on waiting for the 13 and not getting the 12? What are the differences? I'm open to the exc or xcw.
jtmajors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #1327
wvridgerider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
Reliability

So how have these 500's been holding up? Might be replacing my XR400. I have been going back and forth, just keep the 400, or get a 690 or 500.
wvridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #1328
Mifune
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
New bike day

Finally picked up my 2011 500 EXC yesterday. Here's a shot of the mechanics finishing off some last-minute prep:

What are they doing? Well, here's a bit of advice. When you open it up to have a look at the valves or investigate a service note from the factory, don't forget to screw everything back on tightly before you let the sales person start the engine in front of the customer. This was taken after they'd finished wiping oil off the showroom floor.

And here we are back at home, after putting on the radiator guards and bash plate. Other accessorizing will have to wait.

Φίλα μου τον κώλο.

Mifune screwed with this post 05-27-2012 at 12:43 PM
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #1329
Mifune
Gnarly Adventurer

Promoto Billet Rack on 2012 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2on2off View Post
Just ordered my Promoto Billet rear rack. Should have it next Tuesday.
Have any of you already installed a Promoto Billet rear rack on your 2012 500? If so, would you mind posting a photo or a description of how you oriented the template on the fender for cutting the holes? This fender seems to have a slightly different shape from the one used to make the instructions and I'm having trouble finding reference ponits to guide the cutting.

Φίλα μου τον κώλο.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #1330
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,314
I added one and love it. I also put a Dirt Bike Gear bag on it. It's a stout piece.With 2 bolts you can remove the rack part - the bracket structure under the plasic stays in place. It took a bit of massaging. The templates are far from perftct. Put on the brackets and see where they line up with the needed holes. Start with a small hole then fit and re-fit after a little trim till ha get it perfect. The step down bit helped. You'll have to grind down some welds and perhaps the brackets? Not a project to rush - hard to cut into your new fenders as well. Once you get the idea of how it attaches your'll know what to snip, cut, and drill. I used some tin snips and a few razer blades and a cone drill bit. I only used the templates at a very rustic guide and did the rest by eye.

It(mounting brackets) attaches to the mini sub frame andthe rack hovers over the fender. The rack has to pass through the fender to mate to the mounting bracket. That's where ya want the clean cuts.

I must have taken the rear fender on and off a dozen times to get everything perfect. Not too hard just a little attention to detail needed, Good luck.

Colemanfu screwed with this post 05-27-2012 at 04:37 PM
Colemanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #1331
Mifune
Gnarly Adventurer

Discreetly removing smog stuff (EVAP & SAS)

For those of us who may not wish to advertise having made these changes, I'm wondering whether it would be sufficient to leave all of the equipment in place, but perform the following:

- obstruct the hose connecting the fuel catch cannister to the brass nipple on the inlet port of the cyclinder with a small piece of rod

- adjust idle to compensate for above

- remove hose from aux air circuit valve, fill valve with something like JB Weld, let dry, re-attach hose

Is anything else required?

Φίλα μου τον κώλο.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #1332
Mifune
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu View Post
...[snip]
I must have taken the rear fender on and off a dozen times to get everything perfect. Not too hard just a little attention to detail needed, Good luck.
Thanks. That's encouraging to hear.

Φίλα μου τον κώλο.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #1333
Davonat
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
For those of us who may not wish to advertise having made these changes, I'm wondering whether it would be sufficient to leave all of the equipment in place, but perform the following:

- obstruct the hose connecting the fuel catch cannister to the brass nipple on the inlet port of the cyclinder with a small piece of rod

- adjust idle to compensate for above

- remove hose from aux air circuit valve, fill valve with something like JB Weld, let dry, re-attach hose

Is anything else required?
If you plug the canister line to the engine.. you will have to unplug the other line, off of the T fitting so your Fuel tank has a vent. You could probably just plug the hose at the end of the Aux air, insted of filling it with JB too
Old 05-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #1334
308 Sniper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
I don't know anything about the 2013s, just heard that all of the 2012s were sold around where I am, so if I want new 2013 it is. I really haven't looked for used 2012 since I haven't sold my ktm 640 yet. I need to sell that before I get anything.
308 Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #1335
Mifune
Gnarly Adventurer

Good point. Removing the plug at the end of the very end of the vent line should do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonat View Post
If you plug the canister line to the engine.. you will have to unplug the other line, off of the T fitting so your Fuel tank has a vent. You could probably just plug the hose at the end of the Aux air, insted of filling it with JB too

Φίλα μου τον κώλο.