ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #16
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC
 
buckscreek's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Vacy
Oddometer: 743
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries they make everything from retractable pencils to aeroplanes, not just Sigmas!
buckscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #17
dakdakdave
an older,wiser noob!
 
dakdakdave's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Oddometer: 383
Hi pezz,good to see your joining the yellow terrors.I don't know about the price difference but would a clake be any cheaper?

http://www.clake.com.au/FAQ.php

just thinkin out aloud.
dakdakdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #18
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap
 
Pezz_gs's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Sydney Skunkworks
Oddometer: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakdakdave View Post
Hi pezz,good to see your joining the yellow terrors.I don't know about the price difference but would a clake be any cheaper?

http://www.clake.com.au/FAQ.php

just thinkin out aloud.
Have seen the Clake but are pretty expensive at As at July 2008 the CLAKE retails at AUD $1180 (plus taxes if applicable).
The Rekluse is much cheaper. I think the clutch take up would make iot much easier for me as I 'SIT' on the bike and extended standing isnt an option.

Once I get an R65 engine out of the Disco I will start on the head dismantling.

Ray, Sidecar is on the drawing boards
I may pass on the R69S unless I come into some additional cash.
It was a great deal too

Joe, will be an interesting tide with Left Hand Rear Brake

I also have to build up an Airhead Dirtbike for an inmate here too. That will take about 2 weeks
__________________
Airhead Tragic
I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are missing
XR460/4 - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497905


Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #19
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001
 
WILL_S's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: goodly satisfactory place, qld
Oddometer: 2,075
I think you can get a revloc dyna ring for the drz
http://www.revloc.com.au/prod24.htm

Look like another interesting build happening.
WILL_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #20
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 17,104
Thumb The BitsaMitsuzuki DRZ project bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
In post 2, the crank photos, is that a Mitsubishi logo?
This is the Skunkworks fellas... NOTHING should surprise ANYONE...??!!

If I know Pezz, he's probably figured out a way to take an old Galant piston, machine up a new connecting rod (from some ancient Massey Ferguson stuff he has in the shed) and using an old PMU Tomato soup can as a cylinder liner, make a 483 cc kit for the DRZ...!

As usual Perry, this will undoubtedly be another interesting and thoroughly entertaining build project... ya' mad bastard!

What's the record you're shooting for this time around... 100 feet... 200 feet... a WHOLE kilometer mebbe?


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:47 PM   #21
Luushen
Victorian
 
Luushen's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Oz
Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezz_gs View Post
Have seen the Clake but are pretty expensive at As at July 2008 the CLAKE retails at AUD $1180 (plus taxes if applicable).
The Rekluse is much cheaper. I think the clutch take up would make iot much easier for me as I 'SIT' on the bike and extended standing isnt an option.

Once I get an R65 engine out of the Disco I will start on the head dismantling.

Ray, Sidecar is on the drawing boards
I may pass on the R69S unless I come into some additional cash.
It was a great deal too

Joe, will be an interesting tide with Left Hand Rear Brake

I also have to build up an Airhead Dirtbike for an inmate here too. That will take about 2 weeks
..


PeZZ........

i have a mate that got his CRF250 with the Clarke control and he hated it, so he removed and replaced it with normal clutch lever, ill ask him how much he wants for it, there may be the slightest chance of it being free

__________________


Luushen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:01 AM   #22
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Mudgee, Australia
Oddometer: 4,204
I think what we all want to know Pezz is.....will it have a race pipe
__________________
“Yesterday afternoon I was planning to ride Dakar, this morning I was planning to throw up in my helmet” - Boris Mihailovich
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:56 AM   #23
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap
 
Pezz_gs's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Sydney Skunkworks
Oddometer: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
This is the Skunkworks fellas... NOTHING should surprise ANYONE...??!!


What's the record you're shooting for this time around... 100 feet... 200 feet... a WHOLE kilometer mebbe?


Now Now there young fella!!!!

It was just a cosmetic facelift on the XR460/4 Rallye Raplica that let go, all done in the efforts of beauty. But it will rise again, sooner than you may think
__________________
Airhead Tragic
I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are missing
XR460/4 - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497905


Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:52 AM   #24
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 17,104
Laugh It's allergic to plastic... mate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezz_gs View Post
Now Now there young fella!!!!

It was just a cosmetic facelift on the XR460/4 Rallye Raplica that let go, all done in the efforts of beauty. But it will rise again, sooner than you may think


The XR4/400 is obviously like any heart transplant patient Pezz, the body is trying to reject the "foreign" matter... that orange plastic phallous (off the LC4...??!! mate... how could you?! ), the ice cream bucket handguards and the Malcom Smith replica desert tank... mate, the HONDA just had a massive siezure from all that plastic!

Better modify the org. steel tank, ditch the plastic bits and get the metal ying/yang balance back to suitable levels... then she'll go like a beaut' I reckon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:22 AM   #25
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Mudgee, Australia
Oddometer: 4,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post

mate, the HONDA just had a massive siezure from all that plastic!
Amen brother Troy.

I was a bit concerned about riding near this ....erm....masterpiece, should Pezz have had to "ditch it" i could well have been showered with small pieces of flying plastic shrapnel.
__________________
“Yesterday afternoon I was planning to ride Dakar, this morning I was planning to throw up in my helmet” - Boris Mihailovich
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:08 AM   #26
KTM_Paul
Sans KTM
 
KTM_Paul's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Sydney Oz
Oddometer: 1,389
At least it had the decency to break down outside a Dan Murphys
__________________
Royal Enfield MotoGP rider
KTM_Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:50 AM   #27
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 17,104
Pezz... always thinkin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM_Paul View Post
At least it had the decency to break down outside a Dan Murphys
Maybe that should read;

"At least Pezz had the forethought to plan the start outside a Dan Murphys..."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 05-03-2011 at 05:05 AM
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #28
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay
 
tripodtiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: you dont call wagga wagga wagga
Oddometer: 4,567
[QUOTE=troy safari carpente;15817666]This is the Skunkworks fellas... NOTHING should surprise ANYONE...??!!

If I know Pezz, he's probably figured out a way to take an old Galant piston, machine up a new connecting rod (from some ancient Massey Ferguson stuff he has in the shed) and using an old PMU Tomato soup can as a cylinder liner, make a 483 cc kit for the DRZ...!
/QUOTE]

Im waiting for him to work in the hubcab from a '63 Morris Minor.
__________________
rayb Crash Dummy (no testing involved)
Australian RD/RZ Owners Register

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #29
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay
 
tripodtiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: you dont call wagga wagga wagga
Oddometer: 4,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Maybe that should read;

"At least Pezz had the forethought to plan the end outside a Dan Murphys..."
fixt
__________________
rayb Crash Dummy (no testing involved)
Australian RD/RZ Owners Register

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #30
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap
 
Pezz_gs's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Sydney Skunkworks
Oddometer: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCray View Post
Im waiting for him to work in the hubcab from a '63 Morris Minor.
Well do you have one for me??

I have an idea for it now you mention it
__________________
Airhead Tragic
I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are missing
XR460/4 - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497905


Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014