User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
BenFongTorres OP
Banned

Oddometer: 831
1200GSA eats R1 for lunch on twisty backroad

Of course I have no idea what the skill level of the Yammie rider was today but when he came up on me like I was standing still (and I'm a minimum 20 mph over the posted) and started to ride my ass I quickly decided I had enough of his crap and dropped a gear and whacked open the throttle. My big GSA is surprisingly nimble in the twisty bits and I know how to ride her. I checked my mirrors about a minute later and he was WAY back of me. Looked like he was going wide in many of the tight corners and then would give it all it had on the straights to try and catch back up. He never did. I took a turn off about ten miles up the road and I saw him blast past the turn at what looked like triple digits. No doubt looking for me and wondering WTF happened to the guy on the big dirtbike.

Can someone say EL SQUIDO?!

BenFongTorres screwed with this post 05-01-2011 at 10:36 PM
BenFongTorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial9xs View Post
Of course I have no idea what the skill level of the Yammie rider was today but when he came up on me like I was standing still (and I'm a minimum 20 mph over the posted) and started to ride my ass I quickly decided I had enough of his crap and dropped a gear and whacked open the throttle. My big GSA is surprisingly nimble in the twisty bits and I know how to ride her. I checked my mirrors about a minute later and he was WAY back of me. Looked like he was going wide in many of the tight corners and then would give it all it had on the straights to try and catch back up. He never did. I took a turn off about ten miles up the road and I saw him blast the turn at what looked like triple digits. No doubt looking for me and wondering WTF happened to the guy on the big dirtbike.

Can someone say EL SQUIDO?!
A large percentage of sport bike riders (actually all kinds of riders) are not very fast on twisty roads. I have passed a lot of sport bikes on my R1100GS, KLR650, XT350, and even some on my 150cc scooter.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote