ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > Australia > OZ Vendors & Flea Market
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2015, 03:44 AM   #1
DRjoe OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,318
Jebtech custom fabrication and motorcycle accessories

Hi I've been making one off parts and building up adventure bikes part time for the last 6 years and now I've decided its time to go full time.
This has only been possible with help from a lot of mates met on this great website so thanks advrider and all the inmates that make it what it is.

What I do:
I can take a customers vague brief or specific idea and design a part or a whole bike to meet the criteria I can then build it using a variety of materials such as Aluminium, carbon fiber and other composites, steel and plastics.
From custom headlight assemblys to 100hp 2wd custom built adventure bikes anything is possible.

I will also be introducing my Yenkro product line which will include products like bash plates and fairing kits.
Unlike the jebtech custom stuff all the Yenkro products will be bolt on parts and accessories that the customer can order off the shelf and then fit themselves.

For enquirers and orders email, call or send me a pm
Email: brazier.joe@gmail.com
Phone: 0409 493 046
http://www.jebtech.com.au

DRjoe screwed with this post 05-16-2015 at 03:00 AM
DRjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:47 AM   #2
DRjoe OP
Beastly Adventurer

Yenkro dr650 fairing kit

2 years in the making and its finally finished.

I've spent the over two years testing and refining this kit to be an easy to bolt on, functional, cost effective and stylish bit of gear.
I've had testers all over Australia and one in America running the kits and they've all been a roaring succses even the very first frame mounted prototype is still going strong touring America for well over a year.
After all the many tens of thousands of kilometres testing I'm now happy to start selling the kits.

What's in the kit
First off the kits is mounted to the bikes frame using existing bolt holes so no drilling or welding is required.

The main bracketry is then attached to the frame via a urethane rubber mount made in house specifically for the job, this rubber mount isolates the fairing kit from vibration and allows the entire assembly to flex from side to side so small offs won't bend the brackets or bust any mounts, in a big off the assembly can pivot round on the mount bolt which limits damage to the kit and any accessories you have mounted to the dash.

The main brackets is the mounting point for the fairing and headlight, intergrated into the bracketry is large dash panel that the end user can customise to suit there needs. For example a GPS, radio and digital speedo could be mounted or even your satellite tracker, switches for your heated grips and other auxillery electrics.
There is also a cross bar under the fairing chin that can be used for mounting auxillery lights or anything else you can think of to bolt under there.

Improvemnts in handling have reported by testers and that's due to having the headlight and all the auxillery gear mounted to the frame instead of all that weight being strapped to the forks.

The headlight is built in Italy by triom s.p.a and is the same type that was used the ktm 690sm (you know the one with the funny beak and truck stack exhausts)
All the testers report much improved lighting with the new headlight and I've found due to the large deep reflector the light does work even better when coupled with high output halogen bulbs.

The fairing panel itself has been designed to offer maximum wind protection for the long transports whilst still being small enough to take on the more challenging terain, I've personally tested this kit for many hrs in single track and terain where trials bike normally hangout hey I've even managed to land the bike on its face and it only suffered a few scratches.
The panel is made using a mix of woven glass and inegra high strength synthetic cloth bonded together using viynle ester resin and finished in tough durable gell coat.
At the moment the kit can be suplied with a panel to fit either the 30L safari tank or the 25l acerbis.

The kit is completely bolt on No cutting, welding or drilling to your fame is required just remove your old healdight and associated brackets, reroute some cables and wiring then bolt the kit on and if you want you can mount accessories and aux lighting.
I've left the dash and light mount cross bar blank and undrilled becaus we all like to do things diffently and we all use different accessories so you can customise it to your needs.

Price
$1200 RRP but for the first batch I'm offering 20% off for all preorders so that's $960 plus postage for for the complete kit

To order you can email, call or send me a pm
Email: brazier.joe@gmail.com
Phone: 0409 493 046

At the moment there is upto a month lead time.

Pics of the kit to follow.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:10 AM   #3
DRjoe OP
Beastly Adventurer

Brackets dash and urethane mount

Dr650 fairing kit fitted with a 25l acerbis tank

Action shot (30l safari tank)

DRjoe screwed with this post 05-12-2015 at 05:22 AM
Old 05-12-2015, 05:21 AM   #4
DRjoe OP
Beastly Adventurer

Drz400 fairing coming soon.

I'm working on a drz400 version to suit the 28l safri tank.
We're just testing at the moment but should
Have something available to order in a month.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #5
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,930
What Joe Said

After I broke my DR650 in half due to normal use, Joe figured I might like to help with destruction testing one of his prototypes.

Its really well designed, offers better wind protection than my previous SFB screen, is hardly any heavier than the stock arrangement with all its steel bracketry and glass light, and to top it off, the bike steers better with all the weight off the bars and onto the frame.

We liked it so much in fact, that another bike I built up for a mate had to have one too.

Only thing I haven't done yet is crash test it, but I do have some confidence that it'll survive as well as can be hoped for.

And compared to the alternate, there is no additional weight attached to the Safari tank, which is also a good thing I reckon.

Recommended
Old 05-12-2015, 10:09 PM   #6
DRjoe OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks Steve, glad to hear you and your mate are enjoying them.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:15 AM   #7
grrant1058
Motorcyclist 24/7

Oddometer: 354
Yep got one of Joe's fairings on my DR also. It is fantastic for doing long trips - you don't appreciate how much wind drag you cop until you fit one of these. Plus being frame mounted it takes a lot of the reciprocating mass off the handlebars. You can definitely feel how much better it steers / tracks across rough or rocky surfaces. It also provides a common surface to mount your GPS, route holder, speedo etc. A lot of thought has gone into making it relatively crash proof as well. I rate it money well spent and would do it again no prob.

Cheers - Ron.

grrant1058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:48 PM   #8
CCCC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Yenkro fairing kit for Suzuki DR650

Hi Guys and Gals
Just heard that Joe from Jebtech has ditched the day job and gone full time
Having searched for a fairing that was functional but also looked good I had just about given up until I seen a pre production fairing Joe had made. I hunted Joe down and got my hands on one of his fairing. I must note here that the fairing I got was an early prototype, the production model has had some small mods that make it an even better product.
What do I think of the Yenkro Fairing? Put simple it's awesome. Offers good wind protection, gives you an upgraded headlight and also provides a place to mount GPS, speedo, switches, spot lights etc while moving all the weight to the frame thus lightening up the steering.
Having rode from Port Hedland to the Canning Stock Route(all dirt) I had a chance to see if any build problems arose. Not only did it perform faultless it also survived a crash have ended my ride.
From Mid June my bike will be in Perth should anyone want to come and have a look
Now we all talk about the lack of products being produced in Australia. Well let's put our money where our mouth is and support Joe's Aussie made products!!
Best of luck Joe
Cheers
Chris

note: I asked for mine not to be powder coated. Also no tools need to remove the fairing, just undo two clips and off it comes.

CCCC screwed with this post 05-14-2015 at 12:13 AM
CCCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:58 PM   #9
philth
philth

Oddometer: 6,402
Ive been using Joes Fairing for nearly a year now and I reckon its awesome
Great protection, no buffeting and tough as nails... Joe is a crash bandicoot and has punished his one beyond the normal call of duty
I ran this set up to Darwin and found it actually increased the top speed of the bike with better aerodynamics

Will be running this set up next week on the DRZ 400 for a desert trip
and it feels spot on and looks hot too!
Old 05-13-2015, 09:47 PM   #10
suspensionmatters
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I'm a fussy bastard. I am happy with perfection....unless it can be improved. I like neat and tidy, some might even say I have a slight case of OCD. I love good quality and this is easy to see in the brands I use/stock or simply my Snap On tool box. Anyone that has been in my workshop will vouch for this.

Same goes for my bikes. If I'm going to fit something, it has to be the best, not some cheap copy from China. Once again, anyone that has seen one of my bikes will vouch for this. Besides, there is nothing I'd rather spend my money on than my bikes.

So when it came to building my latest bike for this years ADV-X, I searched high and low for a headlight/fairing upgrade and even considered building my own. That was until I found the JebTech fairing. It ticks all the boxes.

It's well designed providing a perfect dash height/angle for easy reading of speedo's and GPS's. Its super easy to remove/refit. Has good aerodynamics with little buffeting. The new headlight is light, bright and provides a good light spread. Its tough and its stylish.

The only thing I don't like about it is....all the people commenting on how good it looks and asking where they can buy it.

It has really transformed the old DR from a short trip bike to a comfortable long distance tourer. Do yourself a favour and bolt one on.
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2015, 06:57 PM   #11
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,688
Having seen Joe's custom one off pieces for different customers, I would highly recommend Jebtech for any bespoke work that you can think of for your bike.
Now just to get my bike back together and into his workshop for my rear tanks

If you don't want the piss taken, stop giving it away!
Chop Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:34 AM   #12
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post

After I broke my DR650 in half due to normal use, Joe figured I might like to help with destruction testing one of his prototypes.

This is a nice pic, but the fairing actually looks even better in the flesh

Very stylish bit of gear

Obviously made with a lot of attention to detail
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:26 PM   #13
DRjoe OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for the suport and feedback fellas I realy appreciate it.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:14 AM   #14
thecanoeguy
just a yobbo from oz

Oddometer: 1,915
Hello
are you going to be doing one for the KLR , to suit a safari tank, I will be your guinea pig , it will replace the shitty stockers that brea when you blow on to them
thecanoeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:45 AM   #15
DRjoe OP
Beastly Adventurer

Hi
I'm sure I could look into it for you
I think the best way to go about it would be send some pics of the stock setup and how its mounted to the bike, I should be able to judge from the pics if it can be done.

Send pics to brazier.joe@gmail.com

Thanks