ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
The Rizz OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 503
Front range motorcycle hangout spot?

I've lived in denver for almost two years and have yet to find the spot where the cool kids hang out with their motorcycles on the weekend. I'm not referring to the local harley bar. Thinking more along the lines of the Rock Store in LA or "the wall" in the san francisco east bay. Places where people stop mid ride and shoot the breeze. Thoughts?
The Rizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
Osprey!
a.k.a. Opie

Oddometer: 3,711
All the cool kids will be hanging out at the Avery Tap Room, this Friday evening.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552818
Old 05-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rizz View Post
I've lived in denver for almost two years and have yet to find the spot where the cool kids hang out with their motorcycles on the weekend. I'm not referring to the local harley bar. Thinking more along the lines of the Rock Store in LA or "the wall" in the san francisco east bay. Places where people stop mid ride and shoot the breeze. Thoughts?
You are talking street riding I presume. Can't help you there. Good luck in finding your spot.

For dualsport riding you have found the cool spot if no one else is there except you and your riding buddies. If other people are there it is not really a cool spot anymore.
toddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 3,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rizz View Post
Deckers, CO on 67 North of Woodland Park. Sit there eat an ice cream and chat with people. All types of bikes roll through, and car clubs too.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
Deano955
Insatiable

Oddometer: 3,840
If you ride a European sport bike there's a nice club that meets every Thursday night at The Bannock Street Garage in Denver and rides every Saturday morning. Saturday rides leave from the Starbucks in Golden on Hwy. 93.

http://www.denvereurotrash.com/DEMC/..._the_DEMC.html

Save $5 off your smugmug account with this coupon( 1qoLJk8tfsGWM )
Deano955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
Sinfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
Deckers, CO on 67 North of Woodland Park. Sit there eat an ice cream and chat with people. All types of bikes roll through, and car clubs too.
You might even see a guy on an XRR sitting there sweating profusely as he furiously tries to calculate whether or not he has enough gas to get back to the nearest gas station that he foolishly passed earlier
Sinfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #7
Tramontana

Oddometer: 1,992
Hey now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey! View Post
All the cool kids will be hanging out at the Avery Tap Room, this Friday evening.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552818

...this cool kid will be sipping libations from some yet to be selected campsite Friday evening! You are all invited over (if I knew where I was gonna be )

Cheers!

Memberships: AMA 222838, COHVCO #4409, Blue Ribbon Coalition, Rollins Pass Restoration Association, Tread Lightly!

KD0DHK - Amateur Radio FCC Technician Class

Tread Lightly! Master Tread Trainer.
Tramontana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:33 AM   #8
Concrete Cowboy
When in doubt GAS IT!

Oddometer: 81
GrandPrix Bike night out is the largest hangout I've seen. Keep a eye on there website calender. I don't see anything yet but its usually once every 2 weeks in the summer. Last time I went, it was at Boston's Pizza 470\Broadway mid week after work.
Also MorCo. Morrison Conoco SAT and Sunday, mainly meet up for canyon rides, see Colorado Sport Bike Club web site.
Colfax Shell Downtown Denver use to be big but I think that got shut down?
Concrete Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #9
woodmnctry
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Down town Morrison -- most weekends --- all types of bikes ---
G
woodmnctry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:04 AM   #10
ColoSean
950cc's of goodness

Oddometer: 645
There are big bike nights almost every week rotating between the walnut room and different hooters. Check the colorado sportbike club website for upcoming events.

I just went to Quaker Steak and Lube last night. THey have a bike night every wednesday, all summer long. The wings weren't bad either. Only down side is that I was the only 950 in the crowd. I parked between the Harley's and the Ruff Riders!
ColoSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #11
The Rizz OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu View Post
There are big bike nights almost every week rotating between the walnut room and different hooters. Check the colorado sportbike club website for upcoming events.

I just went to Quaker Steak and Lube last night. THey have a bike night every wednesday, all summer long. The wings weren't bad either. Only down side is that I was the only 950 in the crowd. I parked between the Harley's and the Ruff Riders!
That's awesome. Maybe I'll join you next time so there's two 950s!
The Rizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #12
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,130
Me 3
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #13
ColoSean
950cc's of goodness

Oddometer: 645
Sounds good to me! I'll post up next time I go.
ColoSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #14
ikonoklass
Kountersteering Krew

Oddometer: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
deckers, co on 67 north of woodland park. Sit there eat an ice cream and chat with people. All types of bikes roll through, and car clubs too.
+1
ikonoklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #15
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 3,869
Still Deckers is more like a "Rock Store" type place...I don't think people know what the Rock Store is about here...LOL Which is sad, its not a huge bike night...its typically friendly people on all modes of transportation. From Ferrari's to Jeep, to mopeds, to Choppers, to squids on Gixxers...its a place like the Rock Store for all. With great roads around to ride, from 67 and decreasing radius's to doing 140mph up Horsepower hill on 126 and being leaned over at 90+ mph. From Denver or Springs it makes a great loop.

Watch for the cops and the riders that go down daily up there...yeah its like hanging at the Rock Store.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote