Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #1531
Tomaz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
Thanks, what is a good method of measuring, shy of having an oring cone?

I have a 730/A, BTW
Hi Cross-Country,

RB730/A ((before November 2012) oring spares are available on our website - RB735vA .
Or on your local store with these specs :
  • Top : Viton (Shore 75) / AS568A-Dash # .121 : (26,64mm/1.049" x 2,62mm/1.03")
  • Bottom : Viton (Shore 75) / AS568A-Dash # .122 : (28,25mm (1.112" x 2,62mm/1.03")
Please feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Tomaz Pessanha
F2R
Tomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #1532
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,409
Thanks Tomaz!

Amazing customer service, as always!
cross-country is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #1533
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,656
And back to the towers again...

Below is the back plate that is a straight bolton to the KTM690/450RFR's for the Mk1 RB holder. Managed to make it from a 3mm aluminium, hard anodised it black an its performance will be tested on Friday when the Australasian Safari begins
It follows the RB profile. The only difficulty was to ensure that the top part matches the two factory side plates.

At this point Pete640 and MakS provided all the help I was needed to make the plate. I would like to thank them both for their help and I hope that I can return the favour in the near future

I was worried about the side web welding, so we welded both sides of the webs. There is also intermittent welding behind the sheet bends in order to ensure that if any cracks decide to initiate at that point, there will not be a catastrophic failure

Old 09-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #1534
HalfFastMoto
bRad

Oddometer: 1,111
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post
And back to the towers again...

Below is the back plate that is a straight bolton to the KTM690/450RFR's for the Mk1 RB holder. Managed to make it from a 3mm aluminium, hard anodised it black an its performance will be tested on Friday when the Australasian Safari begins
It follows the RB profile. The only difficulty was to ensure that the top part matches the two factory side plates.

At this point Pete640 and MakS provided all the help I was needed to make the plate. I would like to thank them both for their help and I hope that I can return the favour in the near future

I was worried about the side web welding, so we welded both sides of the webs. There is also intermittent welding behind the sheet bends in order to ensure that if any cracks decide to initiate at that point, there will not be a catastrophic failure

This looks very stout!
12 Christini 450 AdvRally
13 Christini 300 E
HalfFastMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #1535
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 833
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #1536
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,630
pilo,

Maybe this is a better thread than the Baja Rally thread for the info on your phone setup.

What do you have going on with the phone repeater?
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #1537
pilo
Rhymes with below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
pilo,

Maybe this is a better thread than the Baja Rally thread for the info on your phone setup.

What do you have going on with the phone repeater?
Uller,

It's not a repeater but a fully independent device that provides rally odo functionality (adj tenths) and a compass. Version 1.0 will be ready soon, but we have lots of future functions planned.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:57 AM   #1538
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilo View Post
...we have lots of future functions planned.
Very cool! iOS? Android?

But be careful with the added functions. If it does anything beyond what a basic odometer and digital compass do, it may not be allowed in many rally events. Navigation is supposed to be mostly by the rider, not a computer. Dakar already has rules against anything like this.
HogWild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #1539
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,435
Rallye functions are a small part of the market!

I'm sure there are plenty of others with $$$ looking for a bike specific product
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611461
Email. Turtleshell5@icloud.com
Pete640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #1540
ArthDuro
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,974
Quote:
Uller,

It's not a repeater but a fully independent device that provides rally odo functionality (adj tenths) and a compass. Version 1.0 will be ready soon, but we have lots of future functions planned.

that there in a life-proof case is all I would ever need
consider me signed up hehe
details when ready please
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #1541
pilo
Rhymes with below

iOS is first. Functionality will be locked or optional for certain instances. Ultimately this is not the Dakar guys' first choice, but as a backup or for the rest of the gazillion of us who want decent functionality without the high cost of a specific device, it should be good. As good used iphone 4 is about $100. Some things are still to be worked out, but my partner and I (adv whateverdood) have some fun plans. The idea is to make rally even easier to the motorcycle masses but still be able to be used for competition.

I've run stages I've created myself with a few buddies, and honestly even lame graded roads turn into an amazing time when suddenly you are navigating instead of just following (and eating) the dust of the guy immediately in front of you. Any riding loop turns into a race with your buddies. Everyone starts at one minute intervals and I PROMISE you the stomach butterflies come, even when you are just horsing around wiht your best friends. It's racing, but without the dust of a bomb run start, course markers, etc. The problem is that in order to experience this fun with your buddies everyone needs $1000 worth of gear on the front of the bike. Our vision is to change that...
Old 10-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #1542
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,656

Congrats on the device and the time spent and the thinking and everything !! This is nice, I am always following people who create something new !

Sounds like a plan for the masses ! I think that target is spot on. Racers themselves most of the time they want one function and not even a menu. They want to see one thing and don't want to get lost in the functions/menus etc. But as you say, for the masses this will be brilliant.
Hook up that to a couple of ANT+ sensors, plus its a phone so you have a phone functionality anyway (during rest times you can still play tetris ).. The amazing thing is that even a middle market phone is far more advanced than any rally computer available today...

640 Armageddon screwed with this post 10-01-2013 at 08:45 AM
640 Armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #1543
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,029
Quote:
Damn that looks good Phil, I'm stealing that pic if it's ok, can't wait to see the rest of what you have planned for the app.

Sorry I couldn't get a mount done in time, be safe down there and good luck.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #1544
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,630
Quote:
iOS is first. Functionality will be locked or optional for certain instances. Ultimately this is not the Dakar guys' first choice, but as a backup or for the rest of the gazillion of us who want decent functionality without the high cost of a specific device, it should be good. As good used iphone 4 is about $100. Some things are still to be worked out, but my partner and I (adv whateverdood) have some fun plans. The idea is to make rally even easier to the motorcycle masses but still be able to be used for competition.

I've run stages I've created myself with a few buddies, and honestly even lame graded roads turn into an amazing time when suddenly you are navigating instead of just following (and eating) the dust of the guy immediately in front of you. Any riding loop turns into a race with your buddies. Everyone starts at one minute intervals and I PROMISE you the stomach butterflies come, even when you are just horsing around wiht your best friends. It's racing, but without the dust of a bomb run start, course markers, etc. The problem is that in order to experience this fun with your buddies everyone needs $1000 worth of gear on the front of the bike. Our vision is to change that...
Sounds cool. I can't wait to hear more as I fall into the group that still needs to purchase the nav gear....

Good luck with the race!
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #1545
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,518
I love the idea of the smart phone app as an affordable navigation tool. Even better (maybe a future feature) would be if it could take the new "enduro" roll chart format from Rally Navigator, and display the roadbook too!

BUT, at least with the coming Diabolical Rally, smart phones, iPads, and similar devices will not be allowed for any aspect of navigation. That's the case with Dakar too. The reason is it's too easy to use these devices to cheat. I can think of all kinds of ways to use a smart phone app to gain unfair advantage over other competitors. And I know if it's not clearly stated in the rules, someone will eventually outsmart everyone and use an electronic device to do what nobody else can do. As a race organizer, one of my jobs is to try to keep everyone on a level playing field, and keep the challenge high. And I'm super motivated to uphold the challenges that difficult navigation present. The more we let "smart" electronics into rally navigation, the more an essential part of rally is lost.

The one element of this that I'm still in favor of is if such a device was very limited in its capabilities, and were controlled and handed out by the race organization (like they do at Dakar with the special GPS unit). In that way, everyone would be assured of having the same basic tools and nobody would have advanced devices that take the challenge away from rally navigation.

I also think it could be great for those just coming into rally. As an affordable tool for practicing on "play" routes it seems perfect!

HogWild screwed with this post 10-01-2013 at 12:08 PM
HogWild is online now   Reply With Quote