User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #196
DirtRider50
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Evo 1

I just got EVO 1 for my 2012 KTM 690 R Enduro (haven't installed yet). I only have the WINGS exhaust. Is it going to perform properly?

Also, I just realized that is not reccomended for highway use. I do a lot of highways. Will it I hurt my bike?

Thanks.....
DirtRider50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #197
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 3,231
I'm running the EVO 1 over my uni filter. Works fine. 2009 with FMF can & stock map.
Tip- take your time fitting it. I ended up filing the tabs shorter. They were too long and caused the cover to bow up. Heavy stress on screws too. I also added a Velcro strap over the screw edge to hold it down "just in case"

Sent from outer space with my Thunderbolt with Tapatalk.
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #198
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider50 View Post
I just got EVO 1 for my 2012 KTM 690 R Enduro (haven't installed yet). I only have the WINGS exhaust. Is it going to perform properly?

Also, I just realized that is not reccomended for highway use. I do a lot of highways. Will it I hurt my bike?

Thanks.....
Install the evo1 kit, upload evo1 fuel maps, have fun.
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #199
blakrj
Need to ride

Oddometer: 187
2011 KTM Enduro R (UK/AUS/EU) - stock map

Folks, I've got an Akra pipe and had the Akra maps loaded since day 1 on the bike from the dealer. I was contemplating going back to stock maps and more restricted exhaust (did I say stock) while using the bike for commuting or long road trips; but cannot for the life of me find a 2011 map for a non US bike - all that I can find is the following:

KM765US11B0215EPMap.hex OEM KTM 690 Enduro R EPT map 2011 model year with standard exhaust US only
KM765US11B0215FIMap.hex OEM KTM 690 Enduro R EFI map 2011 model year with standard exhaust US only

Wonder if anyone has some insight into the difference and if it could be used on EU bike?
www.airborneriders.com
blakrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #200
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakrj View Post
Folks, I've got an Akra pipe and had the Akra maps loaded since day 1 on the bike from the dealer. I was contemplating going back to stock maps and more restricted exhaust (did I say stock) while using the bike for commuting or long road trips; but cannot for the life of me find a 2011 map for a non US bike - all that I can find is the following:

KM765US11B0215EPMap.hex OEM KTM 690 Enduro R EPT map 2011 model year with standard exhaust US only
KM765US11B0215FIMap.hex OEM KTM 690 Enduro R EFI map 2011 model year with standard exhaust US only

Wonder if anyone has some insight into the difference and if it could be used on EU bike?
Do the UK/AUS/EU bikes have SAS and Canister? The US maps have controls for those devices which may need to be turned off if they don't exist on bikes outside the US. There may be other issues.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #201
AMa.
Topographer

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakrj View Post

You can use it. 2011 SMC EU maps and 2011 Enduro R US maps are identical.

SMC maps:
KM765EU11B0201EPMap
KM765EU11B0201FIMap

KTM 690 R 2012
AMa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #202
AMa.
Topographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJack View Post
Do the UK/AUS/EU bikes have SAS and Canister? The US maps have controls for those devices which may need to be turned off if they don't exist on bikes outside the US. There may be other issues.
EU bikes have SAS.

You can make modified maps by copy-paste with TuneECU. For example last summer I had following mod:

Switch position 1: Stock 2012 map for stock exhaust and stock airbox
Switch position 2: EVO1 map for Wings 83dB killer and Powerparts airbox lid
Switch position 3: EVO1 map +4% fuel trim for Wings 90dB setup (just in case)

It worked well. This way you don't have to flash the ECU and do 15 min initialization run every time you change your pipe/airbox lid.

KTM 690 R 2012
Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #203
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMa. View Post
EU bikes have SAS.

You can make modified maps by copy-paste with TuneECU. For example last summer I had following mod:

Switch position 1: Stock 2012 map for stock exhaust and stock airbox
Switch position 2: EVO1 map for Wings 83dB killer and Powerparts airbox lid
Switch position 3: EVO1 map +4% fuel trim for Wings 90dB setup (just in case)

It worked well. This way you don't have to flash the ECU and do 15 min initialization run every time you change your pipe/airbox lid.
Great idea, but wouldn't you want to do a reset-adaptation and 15 min idle when changing the switch position?
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #204
dmckiwi
Louder is always better

Oddometer: 66
won't start

A friend of mine has a 690r '09 thats been having an issue when starting, the bike starts fine from dead cold but once its been ridden and left to sit for a while it won't fire, you can crank it and it just cranks and cranks but won't fire unless you give it a little throttle.

He originally had a wings pipe on it and had the akra map but has put the standard pipe back on to see if that makes any difference which is doesn't, he had risers on the bars and the throttle cables were a bit tight so we re-routed those to take some tension off the cables, I connected it up to my computer and checked the voltage and it was all correct so he tried it for a few weeks to see if the cables were the issues but it made no difference.

Today I went around and we pulled the airbox out and tested the voltages open and closed which were all correct and within the factory range, the TPS was 3-98% even after the throttle reset. After confirming the voltages were all correct I remapped it from the Akra map that was on it to the factory maps, reset the throttle and did the 15min idle. After that the TPS had changed to 1-98% so better but not perfect. We wondered if the throttle cables could be still a bit tight so we tried adjusting each cable in and out half a turn but saw no difference in the % figures so set them back to where we started.
So after setting it back to the factory map, confirming voltages and have the TPS at 1-98% we left it for 20-30mins to see if the issue was resolved, hit the starter and same issue as before, its cranks until you give it a touch of throttle and then starts. He's going to run it for the week with the standard pipe to see what its like and then we'll put the wings pipe back on and I'll map it back to Akra map and try for another week.

As far as the bike goes its got a new fuel filter, new battery, no broke cables as far as we can see and its well serviced and apart from the starting issue when warm runs really well, it had the error code from disconnecting the air sensor when we had the airbox off but I cleared that and everything else was fine, is there something we are missing re the TPS being 1-98% or something else we should be checking?? I had hoped to find the voltage out and an adjustment would fix it but not luck, any suggestions would be welcomed as would love to fix it.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:56 AM   #205
AMa.
Topographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJack View Post
Great idea, but wouldn't you want to do a reset-adaptation and 15 min idle when changing the switch position?
Yes, if the hardware setup has been changed I would. If only mapping changes it doesn't need re-adaptation as far as I think -> at least when the changes are minor, like a little fuel trim.

The idea of having a stock map onboard was to be able to run the bike with decent amount of fuel if I -for some reason- change my stock pipe on and do not have a possibilty install stock map to bike ECU. It is not perfect solution, but it is better than the filthy-rich the EVO1 map is squirting.

Now I have a different setup. I have EVO2 air filter and modified EVO1 map with 0%, 3% and 6% fuel added. Attached video link will explain more, and hopefully will give a idea of throtte smoothness and response + sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt4hf23zOWM

KTM 690 R 2012

AMa. screwed with this post 04-27-2013 at 05:18 AM
Old 04-27-2013, 05:09 AM   #206
AMa.
Topographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmckiwi View Post
A friend of mine has a 690r '09 thats been having an issue when starting, the bike starts fine from dead cold but once its been ridden and left to sit for a while it won't fire, you can crank it and it just cranks and cranks but won't fire unless you give it a little throttle.

He originally had a wings pipe on it and had the akra map but has put the standard pipe back on to see if that makes any difference which is doesn't, he had risers on the bars and the throttle cables were a bit tight so we re-routed those to take some tension off the cables, I connected it up to my computer and checked the voltage and it was all correct so he tried it for a few weeks to see if the cables were the issues but it made no difference.

Today I went around and we pulled the airbox out and tested the voltages open and closed which were all correct and within the factory range, the TPS was 3-98% even after the throttle reset. After confirming the voltages were all correct I remapped it from the Akra map that was on it to the factory maps, reset the throttle and did the 15min idle. After that the TPS had changed to 1-98% so better but not perfect. We wondered if the throttle cables could be still a bit tight so we tried adjusting each cable in and out half a turn but saw no difference in the % figures so set them back to where we started.
So after setting it back to the factory map, confirming voltages and have the TPS at 1-98% we left it for 20-30mins to see if the issue was resolved, hit the starter and same issue as before, its cranks until you give it a touch of throttle and then starts. He's going to run it for the week with the standard pipe to see what its like and then we'll put the wings pipe back on and I'll map it back to Akra map and try for another week.

As far as the bike goes its got a new fuel filter, new battery, no broke cables as far as we can see and its well serviced and apart from the starting issue when warm runs really well, it had the error code from disconnecting the air sensor when we had the airbox off but I cleared that and everything else was fine, is there something we are missing re the TPS being 1-98% or something else we should be checking?? I had hoped to find the voltage out and an adjustment would fix it but not luck, any suggestions would be welcomed as would love to fix it.
Was the throttle calibration done (ON-open slowly-close slowly-OFF (with the key))?

Was the 15 min idle done starting with stone-cold engine?

Is the intake setup changed between 15min re-adaptations?

Are the SAI and O2 checked OFF in the Akramap? Is the SAS and O2 hardware still mounted to the bike and operational (not plugged etc) ?

Have you tried without the raisers?

I have similar TPS readings without issues. I never get 0-100%.

KTM 690 R 2012
Old 04-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #207
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
that bike sounds whicked and it feels like even with such a small vid.

Would that set up also fit a 09 690R?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMa. View Post
Yes, if the hardware setup has been changed I would. If only mapping changes it doesn't need re-adaptation as far as I think -> at least when the changes are minor, like a little fuel trim.

The idea of having a stock map onboard was to be able to run the bike with decent amount of fuel if I -for some reason- change my stock pipe on and do not have a possibilty install stock map to bike ECU. It is not perfect solution, but it is better than the filthy-rich the EVO1 map is squirting.

Now I have a different setup. I have EVO2 air filter and modified EVO1 map with 0%, 3% and 6% fuel added. Attached video link will explain more, and hopefully will give a idea of throtte smoothness and response + sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt4hf23zOWM

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #208
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 925
can someone confirm that for a 2010 enduro with a LV exhaust/standard filter i should use the smc maps?

the SMC maps are richer though?
fluff34567 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #209
AMa.
Topographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo.Ramos View Post
that bike sounds whicked and it feels like even with such a small vid.

Would that set up also fit a 09 690R?
Why not. You have to modify the bike-specific map, 2012 and 2009 are not inter-changeable.

If you have EU bike you should use this as a "mother" map for mods:
KM765EU0800231FI for fuel trim
KM765EU0800231EP for throttle trim

If you have US bike, I think it is OK anyway to use those maps. With TuneECU "Compare" -function I did not manage to find any differences between 08-10 EU and US stock maps. There was no US "akramap" available.

KTM 690 R 2012
Old 04-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #210
AMa.
Topographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff34567 View Post
can someone confirm that for a 2010 enduro with a LV exhaust/standard filter i should use the smc maps?

the SMC maps are richer though?
SMC maps and Enduro maps ( KM765xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) are the same as far as I have compared them with each other. I have not checked EVERY map.

I suggest you get rid of the stock filter, it is the most restricting item. You will get very little or no power gain at all with just the slip-on and software.

KTM 690 R 2012