ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #196
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

Oddometer: 2,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrueg1 View Post
Next ride fill the the Camelbak with the fruit blended drink so while you're waiting for the nit wit train to get their bikes over the twigs you can have brunch on the trail.
Any intrest in Fox Valley or Badlands Thanksgiving weekend dude ?
Old 11-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #197
Mad Jack OP
TOYS IN THE ATTIC

Oddometer: 119
The Bitter End

Wow 163 riders, most having a great time. Thank You to all who supported this event.

Yes it was tough, that 1st section I didn't experience till the day before, and believe it or not was tamed down and cleaned out from the original lay out and on event day support crew went in and cut out at least 2 more logs.During the bottle necks. I did mention logs and creeks didn't I ?? Not twigs and a puddle.

Ah the cable bridge well into it's 3rd decade and resurfaced completely at least three times held up well. Don't worry you second lap Men you didn't see the broken board on the first lap because it was not broken till a bike crashed on it...ouch!! No he didn't go swimming;hung on to cables for dear life is what I was told. [wouldn't you?] 1" fence style" also started breaking out boards and with help from the land owner was fixed during the ride. LOVE our land owners, because we would have no events with out their land and support. 5 or more were out there mixing it up with the rest of you enjoying the event.

I'm sorry to anyone who didn't make the second lap due to the noon cut off. But the club had a huge mission to tear down and clean up everything before dark to try and please the deer hunters and keep our promises to all the land owners. we want to do this again don't we??

Yes things could have been done differently with this being our first event with this theme, tough offroad dual sport, like Forrest City Riders great event we all enjoy Brush Poppers are 100% democratic club and voting on everything makes decisions on every detail very difficult to change last minute.

I feel the riders have spoken loudly with the turn out being more than 2 times what we have had for our longer gentler more road oriented Dual Sports.

How many of you saw the gayest super heroes in the worlds history out there in costume for their first lap? The shat on one # plate was a lie.

To end this drool we did pull some items off the trail. A couple of Il. tags, gas cans,tire repair in a can,a light,and goggles. PM me if you can id any of this and wish to collect it.

The Bitter End not the easy finish is over

Mad Jack
Mad Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #198
skrueg1
lets go ride bikes

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Dog View Post
Any intrest in Fox Valley or Badlands Thanksgiving weekend dude ?
Very interested however, my wife and kids are heading to our cottage in Mi and they're allowing me to tag along. We're spending the weekend with some family. Should be peaceful.
Rain check?
Badlands is kinda far of you, no?
skrueg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #199
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,256
Where are those videos?
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #200
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,141
Been Busy sourcing a new car. And I tell yah, maybe its just me, but watching myself go through the woods, all I can think is "this is incredibly boring" and "I am going way too slow"

I'll get to it....soon

Andrew
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #201
reedski
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Mad Jack, Just wanted to directly thank you and the other member of the Brushpoppers for the opportunity to ride. It was a day I won't soon forget. Absolutely incredible.

2whlrcr, I assume from the previous posts, you were the one in the yellow Ranger/bike that passed me on the way home, north of Sabula. I had the maroon Expedition pulling the black enclosed. I live about 5 miles south of Belleuve. Speaking of that, if you or anyone you know is ever interested in a place to ride, we own some farmland and timber that might be a fun time. There aren't really any trails in the timber yet but I might start working on that this weekend.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to next year.
reedski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #202
DX man
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Great ride Brush Poppers!
Jack i did not get a chance to throw any roost on your XR but mabe next time.
I brought some newbies from the south and told them if they didnt have fun on this ride a new hobby was in order.
Needless to say all had a great time.

As a past member of the Poppers i do miss the spirited meetings and the and enthusiasm of your great club!
DX man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:51 AM   #203
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrueg1 View Post
Very interested however, my wife and kids are heading to our cottage in Mi and they're allowing me to tag along. We're spending the weekend with some family. Should be peaceful.
Rain check?
Badlands is kinda far of you, no?
3 hour drive, shit almost every riding area is a 2-3 hour drive for me, that's why I joined Azzie, it's only 85 miles away.

But I always go to Badlands or FVOR T-day weekend.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:01 AM   #204
2whlrcr
gooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedski View Post
Mad Jack, Just wanted to directly thank you and the other member of the Brushpoppers for the opportunity to ride. It was a day I won't soon forget. Absolutely incredible.

2whlrcr, I assume from the previous posts, you were the one in the yellow Ranger/bike that passed me on the way home, north of Sabula. I had the maroon Expedition pulling the black enclosed. I live about 5 miles south of Belleuve. Speaking of that, if you or anyone you know is ever interested in a place to ride, we own some farmland and timber that might be a fun time. There aren't really any trails in the timber yet but I might start working on that this weekend.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to next year.
Guilty. I figured you just some gay MX'er getting back from Mt Carrol. I help with the Zwingle races and will probably be there tomorrow tearing down arrows.

Are you a farmer? If so you probably know Dr. Paulson. He's a friend of mine.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #205
reedski
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Yep. Chris is our neighbor, and vet! I actually sold him my old 250 honda. He and his kids have a ball on it.
reedski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #206
2whlrcr
gooligan

I used to race bicycles with him. Tell him you know Mike.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #207
andrewgore
Team MGH

Here is the slow boat to 2 miles worth of riding. First 30 minutes:

I'll Upload the rest as I finish rendering\uploading.

Andrew
Old 11-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #208
2whlrcr
gooligan

I'm sure glad I rode around that first big bottleneck.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:45 PM   #209
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

Nice vid, you missed the Pine Tree section right in the last 40 seconds of it, there was a sharp right, no arrows, I had to look for it.

When Skerg & I found you and Dan88, you musta been waitng for us, what I wanna see on the Go-Pro is when you 2 almost hit turning left on that transfer section, that next section was about as good as it gets.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #210
andrewgore
Team MGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Dog View Post
Nice vid, you missed the Pine Tree section right in the last 40 seconds of it, there was a sharp right, no arrows, I had to look for it.

When Skerg & I found you and Dan88, you musta been waitng for us, what I wanna see on the Go-Pro is when you 2 almost hit turning left on that transfer section, that next section was about as good as it gets.
I believe that section is uploading right now. Whatever the 2nd 30 minutes equals. Yeah, the joy of having "tail lights" and not paying attention to arrows. I honestly thought right then that most folks woulda "layed her down" Good ol BMW kept upright.

Sorry about that BTW. I shoulda been hanging back another 10-20 feet or so.

Andrew

more video soon.