ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #496
2whlrcr
gooligan
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Oddometer: 5,604
Smudge is a loser.

But I'm a winner with this TOTP!
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #497
MPH
Studly Adventurer
 
MPH's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Gurnee, IL
Oddometer: 690
Team OASISS is fielding only a 2-bike team for this ride, so we have a WR and a DRZ loaded in the diesel crew cab, munchies in the fridge for rides to and fro, sammich fixin's, hydration pack is cleaned, filled, and will enjoy natural refridgeration, clocks set behind and alarm set for 4:30.

Bike has new drive gear and fresh fork rebuild, carb is clean and running like a top.

When I pulled it out of the trailer, I heard a high-pitched squeek, located it to the rear hub. Uh-oh. Pried up the dust seal carefully w/ a small screwdriver only enough to insert a needle attachment of my grease gun, squeeze squeeze squeeze squeeze/ooze, removed, massage seal back into place, test, no more squeek.

Can't farkin' wait to ride. I predict not sleeping more than a coupla hours tonight.

See all y'all tomorrow morning.

Mark (and Dan)

MPH screwed with this post 11-02-2013 at 05:42 PM
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #498
Smudge!
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Smudge!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: $hithole
Oddometer: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layton View Post
First smudge bails and now moose.

Will any FCR guys show m

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

When did I bail, I never said I was going.
Smudge! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #499
Smudge!
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Smudge!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: $hithole
Oddometer: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
Smudge is a loser.

But I'm a winner with this TOTP!
I hope you little thighs can handle your ride tomorrow!!
Smudge! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #500
Mad Jack OP
TOYS IN THE ATTIC
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: NW IL
Oddometer: 123
Sat. night

Shat I lost a post again.
ride is 50 miles one lap.
SLIPPERY everywhere.
Muddy Swampy only a handful of places.
XR400R helped to keep my but off the ground for a full lap.
50 miles is a long way for some bikes their is a gas stop you transport.

roostn done for today [rite Tim W.]

Mad Jack
Mad Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #501
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!
 
OU812's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Buffalo Grove IL and Killing Threads...
Oddometer: 8,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
Smudge is a loser.

But I'm a winner with this TOTP!
Jeebus you sound like ........
Moose!
MPH I'll try to find ya in the big field. :)
__________________
AMA, NRA, AFL-CIO Forrest City.
Getting Old ain't for pussies....................Lorazapam
Even when you do something right people will think you didn't do anything at all.
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #502
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!
 
OU812's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Buffalo Grove IL and Killing Threads...
Oddometer: 8,902
What a blast! Fell plenty and got stuck once.
Got to meet many and overall best time ever!
I'll be sore for days!
Huge thanks to all that made this happen!
__________________
AMA, NRA, AFL-CIO Forrest City.
Getting Old ain't for pussies....................Lorazapam
Even when you do something right people will think you didn't do anything at all.

OU812 screwed with this post 11-03-2013 at 06:03 PM
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #503
2whlrcr
gooligan
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Oddometer: 5,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
What a blast! Fell plenty and got stuck once.
Got to meet many and overall best time ever!
I'll be sore for days!
Nice meeting you OU812. Too bad ole Moose is done for the year.

I got two loops in. The start guy told me I was the first one to start the second loop. But that made sense, since they gave me number one at registration.

Loved the single track. Put up with the field crossings.

Oh and I did something I've never done in all the years of Morrison enduro and this trail ride. I fell on the swinging bridge on the first lap. I was maybe the fourth or fifth guy across and my front tire washed out right near the end. I fell off the bridge and landed on the bank. Had it happened a few feet earlier, I would have went in the drink. My bike stayed on the bridge and the club guy came over to help me. It was so slippery, we could barely lift the bike and push it up to the end, because we couldn't get any footing. After that, I just wondered how many people the bridge was gonna claim.

2whlrcr screwed with this post 11-04-2013 at 04:06 AM
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #504
Fro
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Illinois
Oddometer: 3
Slip & Sliding on the swinging bridge

Hey there brother, don't sweat it.
I must say, of all the years I have road and helped with this event... This was the slipperiest I/we have ever seen the bridge. The frost really did a number to it this morning. I hope man and machine are just fine.
The man at the start gate. Fro
Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #505
MPH
Studly Adventurer
 
MPH's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Gurnee, IL
Oddometer: 690
FULL CONGRATS AND RESPECT to the Brushpoppers, land owners, and everyone who helped to put on such a PERFECT frickn' day. I hate the swinging bridge so thoroughly, though this year was better than last, I stayed in front of the wave, but still wanted to dab a foot, kept my eyes on the prize: the gate at the other end. My buddy slipped mildly but he was OK. We heard about the offs there when talking to the bridge guy, and wondered how the morning's frost might somehow come into play.

Home and hoisting a brew or two.

Mark
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #506
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!
 
OU812's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Buffalo Grove IL and Killing Threads...
Oddometer: 8,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
Nice meeting you OU812. Too bad ole Moose is done for the year.

I got two loops in. The start guy told me I was the first one to start the second loop. But that made sense, since they gave me number one at registration.

Loved the single track. Put up with the field crossings.

Oh and I did something I've never done in all the years of Morrison enduro and this trail ride. I fell on the swinging bridge on the first lap. I was maybe the fourth or fifth guy across and my front tire washed out right near the end. I fell off the bridge and landed on the bank. Had it happened a few feet earlier, I would have went in the drink. My bike stayed on the bridge and the club guy came over to help me. It was so slippery, we could barely lift the bike and push it up to the end, because we couldn't get any footing. After that, I just wondered how many people the bridget was gonna claim.
I think I heard about that. Pretty Dayum slick I imagine !
__________________
AMA, NRA, AFL-CIO Forrest City.
Getting Old ain't for pussies....................Lorazapam
Even when you do something right people will think you didn't do anything at all.
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #507
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!
 
OU812's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Buffalo Grove IL and Killing Threads...
Oddometer: 8,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
FULL CONGRATS AND RESPECT to the Brushpoppers, land owners, and everyone who helped to put on such a PERFECT frickn' day. I hate the swinging bridge so thoroughly, though this year was better than last, I stayed in front of the wave, but still wanted to dab a foot, kept my eyes on the prize: the gate at the other end. My buddy slipped mildly but he was OK. We heard about the offs there when talking to the bridge guy, and wondered how the morning's frost might somehow come into play.

Home and hoisting a brew or two.

Mark
Hell ya! Best demanding dualsport as far as this old MXr for sure!
Moose was missed!
__________________
AMA, NRA, AFL-CIO Forrest City.
Getting Old ain't for pussies....................Lorazapam
Even when you do something right people will think you didn't do anything at all.
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #508
Dan888
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dan888's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Rkfd IL
Oddometer: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
FULL CONGRATS AND RESPECT to the Brushpoppers, land owners, and everyone who helped to put on such a PERFECT frickn' day.
+1 x2 etc to what MPH said.

An event like this takes a lot of work from the club members, and the generosity of some great landowners. Awesome trails again.
THANK YOU BRUSHPOPPERS !!!

Glad you didn't go swimming 2Wheels I heard there were quite a few that lost it on the bridge. I think your odds get worse every time you make it across.

Nice to meet you OU812, Layton, Ronaldo, Fiddler.

Good to see a bunch of my FCR buddies there too.

Dan
Dan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #509
Smudge!
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Smudge!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: $hithole
Oddometer: 324
I rode, had fun.
Smudge! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #510
2whlrcr
gooligan
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Oddometer: 5,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge! View Post
I rode, had fun.
167 this morning, Smudgie.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014