User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #31
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
Zecatfish:

Nice pics! Great that your son(?) is already taking to biking.

Seeing his DT125 reminds me of the brand new '77(?) DT125 I purchased for my wife. Sharp little scoot (for its day). On her very first ride on it up in the Shores Lake area, she dropped it on a pile of rocks and caved in the left side of the tank! I used to ride it to/from work at times. Memories!
Old 05-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #32
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Oddometer: 7,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
Zecatfish:

Nice pics! Great that your son(?) is already taking to biking.

Seeing his DT125 reminds me of the brand new '77(?) DT125 I purchased for my wife. Sharp little scoot (for its day). On her very first ride on it up in the Shores Lake area, she dropped it on a pile of rocks and caved in the left side of the tank! I used to ride it to/from work at times. Memories!
Thanks, and yea he is my son, he is over here jonesing for an XT250.
We had a great time too.
The DT125 got looks everytime we stopped, Yamaha sure made a lot of fond memories for alot of people with those DT's.

The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #33
Bell47Pilot
MonkeyButt

Oddometer: 1,759
I didn't take a single picture so I wasn't there, didn't ride in the rain, hail, lightening, and mud. I didn't get dirty.......And I definitely didn't have a blast

Tried to keep my BS knob turned to "1", but it slipped up to "11" a couple of times (it's only sposed to go to "10"). Sorry if I shoveled it to deep. It was fun!
Ride On
Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010 #1
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the
boundary of disaster. (Sterling Moss)
Bell47Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #34
Ware
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
I would argue that's the bridge over Clear Creek in Chester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
Stopped on the West Cedar Creek bridge to get a couple of pictures.

Ware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #35
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,441
Okie perspective... well, one of us, anyhow.

Newner, Tomski74, and I left JumpJet's house in South Tulsa at around 0930. He graciously provided us breakfast. We would be riding in shitty rain ALL DAY and we made the best of it. My one-piece rainsuit managed to collect rainwater in the crotch and within 5 minutes of leaving the house, I was soaked. We rode in the rain from 0930 to 1645. No pics, as I don't have an underwater camera.

We had reserved Cabin C and were expecting several other Okies to join us- RedDirtJoe, Dirt2007, and Throttlemeister.

Here are some pics from Saturday and Sunday's ride home.

The lone wolf himself, Throttlemeister rode with us a bit and we captured his mug on film.

Our old pal, Crashit joined us for our Saturday's ride. He had a blast and it was great seeing him / riding with him. Looking forward to the Ozark Overnighters revival.

This is the one water crossing that defeated us and we turned in retreat. (Last year, JumpJet swamped his bike here and it wasn't NEARLY as high.)

We were having a fun cat and mouse game of roosting each other. I blamed Newner for killing my headlight and weakening it's structure, which permitted its evential demise (later). Fortunately, I had a spare aux light for legality.

Crashit was missing a sidestand.

Headlight problems were the theme of the day. JumpJet lost a bit of hardware. We blamed Harley Davidson.

So I guess I had a spectacular crash. We were doing a track I called the 215 mini-loop. It was a bit challenging with some pretty gnarly hills with wet, sloppy rocks, roots, and last fall's leaves to make speed modulation difficult. I was leading and on a downhill I got going too fast (maybe I was in 2nd instead of first?) and pinballed the front wheel over some roots and rocks before careening down the hill. The bike and I slid about 30 feet. The headlight, bars, tank panniers, and shifter took the most of the impact and I was shaken, but ok. Somehow sliding on the rocky downhill derailed my chain as well. That's when I noticed a missing roller too. Not sure if it was crash-related. Crashit was behind me and was pretty concerned that I might be injured. It was a blur for me, so I'll let him convey what it looked like.

Of course we pressed onward. Though I was uninjured and the bike was serviceable, My head wasn't right for a bit and my riding was sloppy. I dropped the bike several more times and couldn't commit to the slick downhill stuff like usual. I eventually shook it though. The rest of the day was awesome.

From here, we separated as a group. We all blame Newner, but he, Tomski74, and Crashit missed a critical turn and ended up back at the lodge early. JumpJet, RDJ, Dirt2007, and I continued to ride and had a hell of a time. The mud puddles were intense and the deepest I have ever experienced (over the headlight in some places). My boots now reek and will need to be sterilized, I think. No pics for the rest of the day/evening from me.

We missed breakfast Sunday morning and planned our route home. Nothing was set, and we just felt our way back with the help of Throttlemeister.

Stopped at Natural Dam for a sec.

Stopped in Cedarville at Ima Jerk BBQ for some great food. Dirt2007 met us there.
This is a HALF rack of pork ribs.

From there, we dispersed a bit. JumpJet had to be home at a decent hour so he dead-headed to Tulsa via superslab. Dirt2007 trucked on as well. Throttlemeister departed, leaving Tomski74, Newner, and myself to find a route home. We spun the Nuvi wheel and hit the jackpot. It was a fun, diverse route.

We found a minor water crossing which was partially paved and slick with algae. I watched Tom cross successfully after I did and saw Newner get about half way across before I was satisfied that all were safe and turned around to hit the gas. I guess I just missed seeing Newner bite it hard. Tom missed it too. So ten minutes later, I see a horse in the road and stop to take pics. That's when Tom and I realize that Newner is gone. Tom goes back to get him and he rejoins the group for some repairs. Amazing how fast things can go wrong. Anyhow we pressed on...

That's it for pics. Heck of a weekend. Rain sucks, but we were blessed with fair weather on Saturday and Sunday.

I'm planning to ride the TAT in 3 weeks. Now I have some repairs to do.
DirtyDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #36
njoytheride
NJOYN' THE JOURNEY

Oddometer: 846
had a blast

great food, great stories (mostly true), great ride (hardly any dust) and no major boo boo's. A big thanks to all involved, lots of fun. Thanks O'leary for leading the troops. awesome day of riding. really enjoyed the ride. Njoytheride..
njoytheride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #37
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware View Post
I would argue that's the bridge over Clear Creek in Chester.
Well if you say so I won't argue with ya! That is why I purchased a GPS camera so I wouldn't make mistakes like that but when I went to use it at the start of the day the battery was dead so I had to use the other one. Thanks for correcting me on that.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #38
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by njoytheride View Post
great food, great stories (mostly true), great ride (hardly any dust) and no major boo boo's. A big thanks to all involved, lots of fun. Thanks O'leary for leading the troops. awesome day of riding. really enjoyed the ride. Njoytheride..
The pleasure was all mine Craig. Glad you did Njoytheride!
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #39
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons1 View Post
Sorry you guys had a such a wet weekend. I spent 6 days in NWA last week and the weather was perfect. We rode almost 900 miles. Loaded up and headed back to Fort Worth in the the truck on Friday morning. It rained hard all the way home.

We bumped into these guys near Turner Bend last Sunday. When I told the the guy in the red kayak I was riding a WR250R said he knew 10Cup. Small world.

Hey thats My Father In Law in the kayak! He was just telling me this afternoon about running into you guys.

Glad you guys got to ride some. I was busy all weekend around the house.

Scotty I think that DEUCE would have made it across the river, bridge or no bridge! That thing is awesome, poist up some more pics and info on it!

tcourdin screwed with this post 05-22-2011 at 08:35 PM
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #40
Bell47Pilot
MonkeyButt

Oddometer: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by njoytheride View Post
+!!

Had to be hard herding such a large gaggle of cats O'leary!
Ride On
Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010 #1
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the
boundary of disaster. (Sterling Moss)
Bell47Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #41
devrodirt
devro

Oddometer: 505
i don't got no ride report, cuz i didn't git to go!

I hate all of you that got to ride SLAP! I wish it would have rained a LOT more and all of you would have been stuck in a cabin for 72 hours with Catfish!!!

I'm going to scorn all of you and talk bad about you....until next year when maybe I get to go too!!!

Thanks for the ride reports, all, I really enjoyed them.

ride straight,
devro
Out here where you can breathe. Lyle Lovett
devrodirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #42
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Thanks for the great ride O'leary. I had a great time.
Good luck my friend with your new life as a married man. Hope to meet you on down the road and let me know how things are going, even if it is just touching base once in a while on our BS or Ride Report thread. Rock On! U Get it!?
Colorado/Moab 2012
Old 05-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #43
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47Pilot View Post
+!!

Had to be hard herding such a large gaggle of cats O'leary!
Aw Shucks Mikey! Twernt nothin! Seriously, I don't think you could ask for a better group than what we had. That was a piece of cake! Great time!
Colorado/Moab 2012
Old 05-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #44
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,605
Damn what a weekend for my son to graduate...not that I'm griping. Great reports everyone! I truly wish I could have been to both the graduation and SLAP.
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #45
lewismedlock

Oddometer: 12,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz charlie View Post
i truly wish i could have been to both the graduation and slap.
+1
lewismedlock is offline   Reply With Quote