Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #46
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Damn what a weekend for my son to graduate...not that I'm griping. Great reports everyone! I truly wish I could have been to both the graduation and SLAP.
I dunno Chuck.... if you had gone to SLOP your boy might be in restraints.

It's probably a good thing you were there to keep the mischief to a minimum.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:18 AM   #47
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,093
Thanks to everyone who showed up for SLAP and endured the piss poor wx. What little riding that was done seem to have been enjoyed by all who did ride.

I didnt ride at all during SLAP..yeah, a couple of us rode to Ozark on thurs for dinner, but thats all the riding I got in. I was content to sit in the lodge all weekend listeng to some bench racing and my goat ring tone

I didnt really get out and take any pix, only a few.

Santa (out of uniform) with Zecatfish's boy, Rocky

WR seemed to be in a cloud all weekend..visibility sucked!

and so since the wx sunday wasnt much better than fridays, foggy and damp, everyone packed up and headed home...there was a "HAM" incident and I understand that crashit was up in the parking lot puking like a jackyle..and no one got any pix of that? Apparently he had left a HAM in his truck on the floor..well it went BAD! real BAD! Not really that funny cause he's ruined the carpet in that truck, but funny none the less.

I walked up to square up with Ms Paula for the facilities..after all the bills were paid for SLAP, we had $11 left..sorry Baldy, not as much site donation as last year, but it is something! Better than nothing!

So after everyone leaves, me and the toyman head out..we take Bowles Gap (Bear Hollow) route..good thing I have 4x4...needed it twice to get out of the slop...took us over an hour to drive the 15 miles to pavement

We came out at hwy 16 in combs and we part ways..he heads towards Huntsville and I take the back roads home up hwy 295. I am 8 miles in when I come up on a bridge out

This bridge is only abt 6 or 7 miles from home..now I have to reroute abck thru Huntsville, abt 30 miles, in a truck that gets 5mpg

Was fun and for everyones help, THANK YOU! would have been real tuff to pull that off by myself!

Next Years SLAP, MAY 18-19, 2012 so make your plans now!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #48
crampfan
not really a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,123
fun stuff!
Doc posted up "WE NEED ICE!" so.....I made a hitch and hooked up the bushtec to the Ural (I'm gonna be a hero) put a big huge ice chest on top and away we go!

When we arrive, "hey Doc I got 11 bags of ice where do you want it" he says, over by the 100 bags we already got.

I'm glad I brought my handy hatchet

The Ice came in handy after all

those crazy Russians, Look a bottle rack!

Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it.
crampfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #49
crampfan
not really a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,123
Mark, the crazy guy with the Zuki GS 550, took a vid of the Ural in tree crossing action. I could have done it alone, but everyone wanted to get in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnqQcjDQQjk
Thanks Mark!
crampfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #50
JumpJet
Looking for Alpha

Oddometer: 1,054
Here's a quick edit of some video files. In the first one, my bike had stalled and RedDirtJoe had stayed behind with me while the rest of the group is about 15 minutes ahead - obviously unconcerned. In the second one, Newner has a little blip with his line/bike (It's steeper than it looks). Notice how I stay to help . In the third one, DirtyDog has a little issue crossing one of the "small" puddles. I'm keep looking left because there's a go around and I'm thinking seriously about backing up.

1) Stop trying to save the world
2) Eat more Bacon

JumpJet screwed with this post 05-23-2011 at 08:56 AM
JumpJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #51
JasonK94Z
Crash Tester

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet View Post
Here's a quick edit of some video files. In the first one, my bike had stalled and RedDirtJoe had stayed behind with me while the rest of the group is about 15 minutes ahead - obviously unconcerned. In the second one, Newner has a little blip with his line/bike (It's steeper than it looks). Notice how I stay to help . In the third one, DirtyDog has a little issue crossing one of the "small" puddles. I'm keep looking left because there's a go around and I'm thinking seriously about backing up.

For some reason i can't get the Vimeo vids to run. Get a "Oops!" message.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #52
JumpJet
Looking for Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK94Z View Post
For some reason i can't get the Vimeo vids to run. Get a "Oops!" message.
I checked it from someone else's machine, works - so it shouldn't be a permissions issue. It might be a plugin issue. You might try clicking on the Vimeo logo (lower right) and try and play it from there.

If others have the same problem, I'll rethink it.
2) Eat more Bacon
Old 05-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #53
tomski74
Silesian American

Oddometer: 1,398
They work fine on mine - COX Tulsa, I have also tried AT&T and Windstream. Must be your local network. Is it at work or home?
Old 05-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #54
JumpJet
Looking for Alpha

Glad I could help out last year - was just trying to keep it from being lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewismedlock View Post
I know, I'm just diggin at Doc. I'll be there. I took this picture of the carnage last year.

2) Eat more Bacon
Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #55
A_SAPPER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Wanted to thank all the help put on this event . I had a good time even with all the rain. A well worth trip from Mo.

Gus it was good chatting with you while changing the tube at midnight Thursday. And thanks for the head lamp it help out.

It was great meeting all the folks, a real friendly bunch and I will back, just let me know when the rides are. Its only a 5 hr trip to get there.

Had a good little ride on Friday minus the mishaps that happen. I did get to eat at the famous Oark cafe. My vote for the pie was the coconut cream.

O'Leary (Tim) thanks for leading the ride on Saturday I was a good little loop even if was just 148 miles. I was just getting warmed up. I did get the chance to do Warloop Rd. We should of went up it instead of down, might of been a little more exciting.

I missed the Saturday night action, I decided to get on the road back to Mo Saturday evening. The wash out on Shore Lake road got see the Ram in action, I wasn't paying attention and drove off on the right side. I did just what I was telling others to do all weekend when in doubt just gas it and thats what I did, watching the bike jump all around in the back of the truck.

See ya'll next year, if not before.

Andy AKA: Dan for Tim
A_SAPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #56
Crashit
GO HARD OR NOT AT ALL

Oddometer: 479
The guy who slept below me in the bunk house from joplin driving a red dog you build houses are you ok
Crashit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #57
The Toyman
Handy not Handsome

Oddometer: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashit View Post
The guy who slept below me in the bunk house from joplin driving a red dog you build houses are you ok
Hi Crashit,
You slept above me and I drive a red Dodge, I live huntsville and Im ok. The guy you are thinking of is NNicols dad and I was wondering the same thing if he is Ok. How bout it Nnicols.
PS hows yur Goat doing
The Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #58
Farscape
Oh, look! Orange koolaid!

Oddometer: 553
Dave and his battered self and VStrom...

UPDATE!!

I'm sure everyone remembers Dave (MetalOrLeather) and his VStrom -- and their, uh... "adventures"

Well Dave texted me tonight with the diagnosis on his right shoulder injury. And I quote: "...collar bone broke in two places. Operation is probably next week" Ooops.

So yeah, Dave was hurtin' after that last fall. But, that F'nF rode all the way back to OKC without so much as a single complaint. That's one tuff dude

His wife wasn't too pissed at him... She said we can still go on our southern Colorado tour the first part of August That is if he feels like it by then

It was an awesome time guys. Thanks Doc and all that helped put it on. I have no pics, so I wasn't there and it didn't happen...
Farscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #59
nnichols
Slave to the Machine

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toyman View Post
Hi Crashit,
You slept above me and I drive a red Dodge, I live huntsville and Im ok. The guy you are thinking of is NNicols dad and I was wondering the same thing if he is Ok. How bout it Nnicols.
PS hows yur Goat doing
They live about a mile west of St. John's hospital.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=2532+W+30th+St,+Joplin,+mo&daddr=2727+McClelland+Boulevard,+Joplin,+MO+64804-1694+(St+Johns+Regional+Medical+Center)&hl=en&geocode=FYZzNQIdnlJd-inxvwcsvHrIhzFJ3sZ6o8fX6A%3BFX2DNQId-pBd-iFDpvUdDDDuRw&mra=ls&sll=37.059703,-94.530214&sspn=0.031028,0.052314&ie=UTF8&ll=37.059715,-94.539027&spn=0.015514,0.026157&z=16

Their house got tore up pretty good, but for the most part the roof is intact. Mom and dad (Bikerat) rode it out in their storm safe in the garage. The back wall of the garage was semi-blown out, windows to the south blown out, and one bathroom has roof damage letting water in. Car and truck moderately damaged in the garage. All of the trees were blown down, and they have a lot of trees. Dad's got most of it all patched up for now.

The rest of their neighborhood looks like a war zone. My brother-in-law went in to check on them and ended up doing some rescues and transports with his pickup. He saw some really bad stuff...

This is the second major tornado they have been in in 3 years. They lived in Picher when the May 10, 2008 tornado moved through. They lost their house in that one.

Long story short, they're OK.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #60
The Toyman
Handy not Handsome

Oddometer: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnichols View Post
They live about a mile west of St. John's hospital.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=2532+W+30th+St,+Joplin,+mo&daddr=2727+McClelland+Boulevard,+Joplin,+MO+64804-1694+(St+Johns+Regional+Medical+Center)&hl=en&geocode=FYZzNQIdnlJd-inxvwcsvHrIhzFJ3sZ6o8fX6A%3BFX2DNQId-pBd-iFDpvUdDDDuRw&mra=ls&sll=37.059703,-94.530214&sspn=0.031028,0.052314&ie=UTF8&ll=37.059715,-94.539027&spn=0.015514,0.026157&z=16

Their house got tore up pretty good, but for the most part the roof is intact. Mom and dad (Bikerat) rode it out in their storm safe in the garage. The back wall of the garage was semi-blown out, windows to the south blown out, and one bathroom has roof damage letting water in. Car and truck moderately damaged in the garage. All of the trees were blown down, and they have a lot of trees. Dad's got most of it all patched up for now.

The rest of their neighborhood looks like a war zone. My brother-in-law went in to check on them and ended up doing some rescues and transports with his pickup. He saw some really bad stuff...

This is the second major tornado they have been in in 3 years. They lived in Picher when the May 10, 2008 tornado moved through. They lost their house in that one.

Long story short, they're OK.
Glad to hear they are Ok, thanks for the update
The Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote