Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #61
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SAPPER View Post
Andy AKA: Dan for Tim
Thanks for setting me straight on your name and handle Andy. Look forward to riding with you next timed around. Come down and join us anytime. Check out the Arkansas ADV Camping Thread for scheduled events here.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #62
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonguy95 View Post
Oleary,

The race back to the lodge was the highlight of the trip for me. Oh and I don't think it was lack of respect as much as it was testosterone overload.
I went back and corrected the RR as far as Andy is concerned. Thanks for pointing that out. The last four miles was a hoot for me as well. I laugh everytime I think about it. See you next time around.

I don't know how I missed it but I didn't see your RR until today. Good pics and thanks for sharing.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.

OLEARY screwed with this post 05-23-2011 at 09:40 PM
Old 05-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #63
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnichols View Post
They live about a mile west of St. John's hospital.

Their house got tore up pretty good, but for the most part the roof is intact. Mom and dad (Bikerat) rode it out in their storm safe in the garage. The back wall of the garage was semi-blown out, windows to the south blown out, and one bathroom has roof damage letting water in. Car and truck moderately damaged in the garage. All of the trees were blown down, and they have a lot of trees. Dad's got most of it all patched up for now.

The rest of their neighborhood looks like a war zone. My brother-in-law went in to check on them and ended up doing some rescues and transports with his pickup. He saw some really bad stuff...

This is the second major tornado they have been in in 3 years. They lived in Picher when the May 10, 2008 tornado moved through. They lost their house in that one.

Long story short, they're OK.
Wow! That was close. I was wondiering if your dad made it OK because I knew he lived in Joplin after talking to him about kayaking Cove Creek. Glad to hear he is OK. Didn't know he was your father either. You learn all sorts of things reading these posts. Enjoyed meeting you and your dad and hope to ride with you both again.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Old 05-24-2011, 02:15 AM   #64
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,324
wow..broken collar bone eh..thought for sure it would have been a pulled muscle..glad he made it home ok..he was hurting pretty good sunday morning!

On another note, you and I need to discuss further them thar yeasu hts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farscape View Post
UPDATE!!

I'm sure everyone remembers Dave (MetalOrLeather) and his VStrom -- and their, uh... "adventures"

Well Dave texted me tonight with the diagnosis on his right shoulder injury. And I quote: "...collar bone broke in two places. Operation is probably next week" Ooops.

So yeah, Dave was hurtin' after that last fall. But, that F'nF rode all the way back to OKC without so much as a single complaint. That's one tuff dude

His wife wasn't too pissed at him... She said we can still go on our southern Colorado tour the first part of August That is if he feels like it by then

It was an awesome time guys. Thanks Doc and all that helped put it on. I have no pics, so I wasn't there and it didn't happen...
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:47 AM   #65
motobone
Free for all!

Oddometer: 226
I was only to make it out for a short day ride on Friday. Justin and I rolled into WR sometime around 9:30am and were completely soaked after five minutes of leaving Fayetteville. Thunder/ Lighting and all... We met up with a few ADVer's (TX and MO) and headed out looking for something challenging. We found it for the most part, but battery and/ or bad gas gave us some trouble. Anyways, we rode a few less miles than desired, but we certainly found a short adventure. Sorry I can't remember everyone’s name on the ride, so just chime in and grab your fame. I thought I had a lot more eventful video, but I kept fat fingering my GoPro.

The rivers were swollen on the ride home. I bet there was some serious crossings avoided on Saturday.

motobone screwed with this post 05-24-2011 at 05:53 AM
motobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #66
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,291
Had to steal that Weinerburger and Gus,,,,,hope no one mnds
Old 05-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #67
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno View Post
Had to steal that Weinerburger and Gus,,,,,hope no one mnds
Bawahahahaha .... Enjoy and use the pics to mess with somebodies mind.....
Old 05-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #68
JumpJet
Looking for Alpha

Oddometer: 1,064
The Mighty Newner in Action. Ridem Cowboy.

102_2019

Part of the group at Cat

102_2015

Photos courtesy of RedDirtJoe
1) Stop trying to save the world
2) Eat more Bacon

JumpJet screwed with this post 05-24-2011 at 05:32 PM
JumpJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #69
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrodirt View Post
i don't got no ride report, cuz i didn't git to go!

I hate all of you that got to ride SLAP! I wish it would have rained a LOT more and all of you would have been stuck in a cabin for 72 hours with Catfish!!!

I'm going to scorn all of you and talk bad about you....until next year when maybe I get to go too!!!

Thanks for the ride reports, all, I really enjoyed them.

ride straight,
devro
Thats funny! We missed you at the event Devro. We could have used the comic relief. Stay afloat and in the channel!
Colorado/Moab 2012
Old 05-25-2011, 05:26 AM   #70
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,534
Did more riding then shooting this year.

This little piggy got tired and needed a nap.

This little piggy was ridden too hard.

Tomski passed his 3 beer limit.
Newner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:55 AM   #71
badmotoscooter
Forever-A-Noob

Oddometer: 49
1st Shakedown on KLX

As I'm watching hb's vid all I can think is 'thank god I went back to bed'

Instead I stayed indoors until Sunday then took my new KLX out for its first 'real' ride. Hey, it was on Hwy. 7, so I guess I could say I attended SLAP, right?

badmotoscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #72
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmotoscooter View Post
As I'm watching hb's vid all I can think is 'thank god I went back to bed'

Instead I stayed indoors until Sunday then took my new KLX out for its first 'real' ride. Hey, it was on Hwy. 7, so I guess I could say I attended SLAP, right?
Me likey
Old 05-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #73
rjharris
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
2011 SLAP adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb View Post
I was only to make it out for a short day ride on Friday. Justin and I rolled into WR sometime around 9:30am and were completely soaked after five minutes of leaving Fayetteville. Thunder/ Lighting and all... We met up with a few ADVer's (TX and MO) and headed out looking for something challenging. We found it for the most part, but battery and/ or bad gas gave us some trouble. Anyways, we rode a few less miles than desired, but we certainly found a short adventure. Sorry I can't remember everyone’s name on the ride, so just chime in and grab your fame. I thought I had a lot more eventful video, but I kept fat fingering my GoPro.

The rivers were swollen on the ride home. I bet there was some serious crossings avoided on Saturday.

hb,

Thanks for letting me tag along with yourself, boogn1sh and the Texans on Friday. That was a bit of an adventure with Stock Trailwings on the WR! I like the song you put to the video. I was thinking the song could have changed to "With a Little Help from my Friends" on my portion of the video I hope I can ride with you guys again sometime......with fresh 606's

Thanks to OLEARY for guiding the group on Saturday. It was a great group and I am sorry I missed the race to the top of the mountain! I crusied the Shores Lake campground and stopped to chat with the guys from Texas before they left.

I would have liked to ride with AGSpecialties and his buddies from Nebraska. I think I scared them off because I didn't snore

Thanks to Doc, Magoo, Gus, Toyman, Bell47pilot and everybody that helped put together SLAP 2011.

Great meeting everyone at the event.

A special thanks to Magoo for letting me follow him back to hwy 16 on Sunday morning. If it wasn't for him, I think I would be still driving around in circles, trying to figure out how to get down from White Rock Mountain!

I was a little dissappointed that I didn't make it to OARK for lunch on Friday because I was in the Twilight Zone for a few hours with hb, Boogn1sh and the Texans so I decided to take a detour on the way home and drove 23 south to 215 and went to OARK for lunch before heading north to St Louis. Miss Sherry fixed me up with a sweet tea, Cheeseburger with everything on it and a nice piece of Blueberry Pie (warmed up with Vanilla ice cream)! Headed north through Catalpa and worked my way back home.

Stopped near Branson and decided to take the 4-Runner through a quarter car wash before I handed it back over to my bride. It looked like someone puked about 40 lbs of Arkansas mud in that stall when I drove away

Sorry, no pics but it did happen!
rjharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #74
Clew540
Ready to Ride

Oddometer: 88
Love reading the report on slap wish i could have made it. I tried but everytime i thought i had my bike fixed i found another problem but its fixed now of course after slap. Well i hope to ride with some of you.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:28 AM   #75
JasonK94Z
Crash Tester

Oddometer: 90
Thanks to everyone who put on this ride. I really enjoyed it! I wish there was a big event like this twice a year, because I'd definitely be there for both!